Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

The solution to the traffic problems?

The solution to the traffic problems?

Old Sep 23rd 2007, 1:19 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The solution to the traffic problems?

[QUOTE=lionheart;5344464]
Originally Posted by MataHari
yeah, I even went round France on a proper racing bike, but that was years ago...still I am pretty fit now... Yours truly cycled around Normandy and Brittany many moons ago...but I wouldn't class myself as being fit now.
that's a pity...
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 1:19 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie

you're getting better at this english humour thing. i actually snickered there...
oh wub...
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 6:27 pm
Banned

Dago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to behold

This cycling round Dubai was actually invented in Milton Keynes where they called it cycling round Milton Keynes. It works there because of underpasses meaning you don't have to cross roads.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dago
This cycling round Dubai was actually invented in Milton Keynes where they called it cycling round Milton Keynes. It works there because of underpasses meaning you don't have to cross roads.
if there were showers in the workplace then i'd cycle... as long as i don't have to get anywhere near those crazy local drivers
Old Sep 24th 2007, 9:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

i wouldn't cycle here, but then i wouldn't in central london either, far too dangerous...oh yeah, and there's the small issue of not being able to wear heels if you're on a bike...

MM, xx
Old Sep 24th 2007, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
i wouldn't cycle here, but then i wouldn't in central london either, far too dangerous...oh yeah, and there's the small issue of not being able to wear heels if you're on a bike...

MM, xx
they do in italy!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 9:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cham128
they do in italy!
oh they do...?? hmmm...but they don't do helmets, surely...and that leads on to my issue number 2, helmet head is so not a good look...!!

MM, xx
Old Sep 24th 2007, 9:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

oh they do...?? hmmm...but they don't do helmets, surely...and that leads on to my issue number 2, helmet head is so not a good look...!!

MM, xx
my head looks like a helmet and I think I get away with it
Old Sep 24th 2007, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

MM, xx
oh ok you didn't say we'd have to wear helmets... but then saying that why would we need to if we had our own cycle paths that were not near roads?
Old Sep 24th 2007, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

oh ok you didn't say we'd have to wear helmets... but then saying that why would we need to if we had our own cycle paths that were not near roads?
I can't imagine anyone's going to enforce a helmet rule - (though why anyone would cycle without one is beyond me)

Then again, I can't imagine an Amsterdam-style cycle network within 100 miles of here in the next 10 years.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 10:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

why bother with cycle lanes. the indian cyclists here dont bother with them and seem to surive by riding straight down the middle of the road in the wrong direction with no lights!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
why bother with cycle lanes. the indian cyclists here dont bother with them and seem to surive by riding straight down the middle of the road in the wrong direction with no lights!
too right. the whole 'There's always someone worse off...' is much more in your face here and helps keep me thankful, and sane.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jvr20
I can't imagine anyone's going to enforce a helmet rule - (though why anyone would cycle without one is beyond me)

Then again, I can't imagine an Amsterdam-style cycle network within 100 miles of here in the next 10 years.
not sure why anyone would cycle with one if you're not on the same roads as cars... lets face it you're not going to pick up a high enough speed to do damage on a flat road...
Old Sep 24th 2007, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

not sure why anyone would cycle with one if you're not on the same roads as cars... lets face it you're not going to pick up a high enough speed to do damage on a flat road...
possibly... from personal experience my only accident on a bike there was no motor vehicle involved and i hit my head.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 11:48 am
hmmmm...nice

If you see people cycling with helmets on in Holland, they are Germans...and that's not some post war joke...
And MM...you can so cycle with heels on....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.