Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

So Why Do So Many Car Drivers in Dubai Want to Kill Themselves (and everyone else..)

So Why Do So Many Car Drivers in Dubai Want to Kill Themselves (and everyone else..)

Old Jun 19th 2008, 3:59 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So Why Do So Many Car Drivers in Dubai Want to Kill Themselves (and everyone else

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
That's answered it then. It was written by a man.

Right. I'm shutting up now.

based on what you just said

i have little advice for you

why don't you become a very famous author by graping the most famous books and writing them by your own hands and then publish them as if they are your own books

and lets see how many stuiped people will consider that those written books by your hand belongs to you .... just because you wrote them LOL
Old Jun 19th 2008, 5:03 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So Why Do So Many Car Drivers in Dubai Want to Kill Themselves (and everyone else

Originally Posted by shiva
1st **** off
2nd Then **** off again
3rd why the **** is every thread getting hijacked by islamic ****ing nutters
4th if you believe in god godd for you now shut the **** up about it
5th if you want to debate christianity vs islam **** off and do it somewhere else
6th is any one else getting bored by the constant islam threads
7th why are muslims allowed an opinion on god but us infidels are'nt allowed to mention it without becoming blasphemous infidels

8th if you really belive that word for word the koran is gods words, does that mean that all non arabic speakers are ****ed, does it mean that anyone living in the middle east before islam has gone to hell
9th why is it only muslims can comment on islam, if not a ****ing budhist and yet i know a reasonable amout about the lord budha?

10th i dont com,e to british expats.com to escape the muslim cuntry i live in so that i can be bombarded by all this pish

11th as a white protestant scotsman i feel pretty ****ed off that i'm being racially segregated stereotype and every othe rpish thing anyone can think of.

12th for the love of all gods everywhere can we STOP with the ****ing religious cack......PLEASE

*slam.....stomp stomp stomp.......for **** sake the ****ing nutters have taken ****ing control of the ****ing asylum......wankers......slam*
Damn it man stop mincing words!

N.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 5:07 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beard Man
I don't think i posted so far anything rubbish ..unless you mean the guys who are unpolite when talking about religious stuff
Why do people have to be polite when talking about religion?
Does religion automatically deserve respect and special treatment?
We don't act nice when talking about politics, yet religion, which is essentially irrational since it is based on faith rather than reason is supposed to be treated with some special reverence?

Just some thoughts....

N.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 5:20 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Why do people have to be polite when talking about religion?
Does religion automatically deserve respect and special treatment?
We don't act nice when talking about politics, yet religion, which is essentially irrational since it is based on faith rather than reason is supposed to be treated with some special reverence?

Just some thoughts....

N.

I have said before, that our religion is more important to us than our own family, parents, even country.

it is to US very important.

we are ordered to argue non believers nicely ...

we expect the same treatment

if this is a site that is meant to help british expats whereever they are and is meant to make friends everywhere then would someone who is unpolite be able to get/give help or make friends ?

i don't think so...

and if he decides to be unpolite with a man just because he is muslim what would you call this??

i know some are unpolite with everything and everyone ... but part of your culture (maybe) that it is something... but don't expect that it is the same everywhere.

if a muslim makes fun of islam .. he becomes infidel .. although he is a muslim ... unless he ask for forgiveness for what he did.

so why would people try to hurt others and touch sensitive part of their beliefs which will get them no benifits and take them no where..

is it going to chance my beliefs (never)

is it going to construct nice friendship that is based on respect (you answer me)

so what is really the use of becoming unpolite with someone while living in his own country !!!!!

what image you think i will have in my mind about expats who are in here??
Old Jun 19th 2008, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by shiva
Or what.....you'll bore me to death with endless tales of gin, miraculous conversions, the evils of christianity, etc. ???????
Or worse...

One can be imprisoned, deported or worse for saying something they don't agree with or like...be careful mate...if a muslim complains about what you write in these forums and they find out who you are you'll find a couple of coppers round your house asking you to come down the station for a chat...

To say something bad or untoward (even in context of a debate) about the Koran, Islam or their prophet is a crime in nearly every middle eastern country.

Personally I find this a sign of major insecurity when people cannot tolerate certain things being said about their belief without getting angry, violent or enforcing archaic laws to "punish" the blasphemer.

N.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 6:07 am
Banned

Or worse...

One can be imprisoned, deported or worse for saying something they don't agree with or like...be careful mate...if a muslim complains about what you write in these forums and they find out who you are you'll find a couple of coppers round your house asking you to come down the station for a chat...

To say something bad or untoward (even in context of a debate) about the Koran, Islam or their prophet is a crime in nearly every middle eastern country.

Personally I find this a sign of major insecurity when people cannot tolerate certain things being said about their belief without getting angry, violent or enforcing archaic laws to "punish" the blasphemer.

N.

if it was not a crime by law .. and if prison was not in the picture ... are you telling me that you was not gona care about our feelings ???? and you was not gona show any respect ????

is that all what you care about law, crime, prison, deporture ????
Old Jun 19th 2008, 6:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

if it was not a crime by law .. and if prison was not in the picture ... are you telling me that you was not gona care about our feelings ???? and you was not gona show any respect ????

OK, ya akhee - but it must be obvious to you by now that most of the people on here do not wish to discuss religion, and it is causing strong disagreement and bad feeling.

Why not talk about something else????

Football? Music?? Movies???? Anything!!!
Old Jun 19th 2008, 6:38 am
Banned

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
OK, ya akhee - but it must be obvious to you by now that most of the people on here do not wish to discuss religion, and it is causing strong disagreement and bad feeling.

Why not talk about something else????

Football? Music?? Movies???? Anything!!!
i wouldn't mind to talk about anything else

but it would be nice if people noticed that it was not me who started this on this thread .... and in some other threads as well

check the first 10 posts only to know who sarted it
Old Jun 19th 2008, 6:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

i wouldn't mind to talk about anything else

but it would be nice if people noticed that it was not me who started this on this thread .... and in some other threads as well

check the first 10 posts only to know who sarted it
Maybe not this one, but the "fly in the cup of tea", "do atheists get married", "man's role to protect women" were all topics that you suggested - and all were connected to the differences in beliefs and views between Islam and secular societies....
Old Jun 19th 2008, 6:52 am
Banned

Maybe not this one, but the "fly in the cup of tea", "do atheists get married", "man's role to protect women" were all topics that you suggested - and all were connected to the differences in beliefs and views between Islam and secular societies....
man's role to protect woman .. started with a movie clip as a joke only :P

do atheists get married ... is not related to religion

fly in the cup ... was a reaction for some posts of guys here.

i just wish you didn't forget the first post about the saudi girl who was raped where everyone found it a chance to attack a muslim over there it was the first thread where islam was to come into the picture ..and it wasn't me ... ever since i felt that so many guys are hiding so much hate to islam ..because of the way they were discussing things..

some others ..were nice in discussed things in (What appeared to me) a nice way.

some were sweet soft and sensitive and changed later on ....
Old Jun 19th 2008, 7:02 am

If it was not a crime we still need to be careful because some people will enforce their belief by themselves...like in America when some individual Christian guy shot the doctor of an abortion clinic, or the people who blew up the trains in London etc. Some people will murder, hurt and discriminate regardless of the law. People like this are the enemy of civil society.

Just because someone says they are a Christian, or a Jew, or a Muslim, or an Atheist or a Buddhist or whatever it does not mean you or I or anyone else must respect them or their belief. We should be looking carefully at how they live in society, and how they treat other human beings before we decide if we respect them or not...

Asking for respect without earning it is arrogant presumption....and arrogance is a sin in most of the religions I know, wouldn't you agree?

N.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 7:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If it was not a crime we still need to be careful because some people will enforce their belief by themselves...like in America when some individual Christian guy shot the doctor of an abortion clinic, or the people who blew up the trains in London etc. Some people will murder, hurt and discriminate regardless of the law. People like this are the enemy of civil society.

Just because someone says they are a Christian, or a Jew, or a Muslim, or an Atheist or a Buddhist or whatever it does not mean you or I or anyone else must respect them or their belief. We should be looking carefully at how they live in society, and how they treat other human beings before we decide if we respect them or not...

Asking for respect without earning it is arrogant presumption....and arrogance is a sin in most of the religions I know, wouldn't you agree?

N.
Perhaps respect is the wrong word, as it can have connotations of esteem. I think, however, that one should at least show consideration for another person's system of belief...
Old Jun 19th 2008, 7:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

man's role to protect woman .. started with a movie clip as a joke only :P

do atheists get married ... is not related to religion

fly in the cup ... was a reaction for some posts of guys here.

i just wish you didn't forget the first post about the saudi girl who was raped where everyone found it a chance to attack a muslim over there it was the first thread where islam was to come into the picture ..and it wasn't me ... ever since i felt that so many guys are hiding so much hate to islam ..because of the way they were discussing things..

some others ..were nice in discussed things in (What appeared to me) a nice way.

some were sweet soft and sensitive and changed later on ....
I think that "hate" is too strong a word for most peoples' reactions. What has come across strongly is how different the value system of your average western expat is to the value system of a more traditional local.

Given the huge, and continuing, rise of westerners, particularly Brits, arriving in the UAE - and in particular Abu Dhabi - it will be interesting to see how this affects the culture of the country. The Emirati population is appx 860,000 - the Brit community alone is 120,000, if the current growth rate continues it will be 240,000 by 2012. We need only look to our own country, the UK, to see how an immigrant population has a massive impact upon the culture of the country. Percentage-wise, we have a much smaller % minority than you have here.

In my experience, your views are representative of a fairly high proportion of locals, especially young males.

How do you think the local population in Abu Dhabi are going to react to a sudden increase in the number of Westerners living here, insistent upon living according to their cultural values?
Old Jun 19th 2008, 7:50 am
Banned

N.

you are a white man aren't you ?

if you met a black man are you going to respect him or make fun of his skin color ???

you should respect people until you find a reason for not respecting them ..

it is not that you disrespect people until the prove to you that they deserve your respect.

i don't believe on most of the religious ideas that christians have ..or how athesit live their life ... but i will not by any chance go and insult any of them or disrespect them.... if i have something to say i will say it nicely
Old Jun 19th 2008, 7:54 am
Banned

I think that "hate" is too strong a word for most peoples' reactions. What has come across strongly is how different the value system of your average western expat is to the value system of a more traditional local.

Given the huge, and continuing, rise of westerners, particularly Brits, arriving in the UAE - and in particular Abu Dhabi - it will be interesting to see how this affects the culture of the country. The Emirati population is appx 860,000 - the Brit community alone is 120,000, if the current growth rate continues it will be 240,000 by 2012. We need only look to our own country, the UK, to see how an immigrant population has a massive impact upon the culture of the country. Percentage-wise, we have a much smaller % minority than you have here.

In my experience, your views are representative of a fairly high proportion of locals, especially young males.

How do you think the local population in Abu Dhabi are going to react to a sudden increase in the number of Westerners living here, insistent upon living according to their cultural values?

i am not so sure what effects it will make.... but as long each one both sides is respecting the other side .. i can't see any problem.

but there is an issue that in my opinion not taking in consideration by both the government and the westerns ... which is the local culture ...

some behaviors in your culture are strongly bad in our culture therefore, these behaviors would be at least nice not to appear in public ... and that westerns should have their own places to do whatever they like.

that's all what i can think about.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.