Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

So what have you been upto?

So what have you been upto?

Old Jun 14th 2005, 10:36 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default So what have you been upto?

Hello folks......

Had two spare seconds on my hands, so i thought i'd drop in and say hello.

Afer having had to entertain work colleagues tonight, I am happy to say that they will be lwaving tomorrow afternoon and wont be back for another 10 days or so, so I can look foward to notmal days of 9-5, instead of 7-7, plus nights out, every night!

I am sorry that I havent been on here much, but I have had alot of work recently and have had absolutely no time to myself and have harddly been at home, except for when i am asleep!

Work is going EXTREMELY well and I am very plleased with where things are going and from what I am learning. It could easily be my dream job!

Anyway, I thought i'd start this thread and see what all of you (that I havent been in touch with) have been upto?
Old Jun 15th 2005, 3:03 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So what have you been upto?

Originally Posted by Face81
Hello folks......

Afer having had to entertain work colleagues tonight, I am happy to say that they will be lwaving tomorrow afternoon and wont be back for another 10 days or so, so I can look foward to notmal days of 9-5, instead of 7-7, plus nights out, every night!

I am sorry that I havent been on here much, but I have had alot of work recently and have had absolutely no time to myself and have harddly been at home, except for when i am asleep!

Work is going EXTREMELY well and I am very plleased with where things are going and from what I am learning. It could easily be my dream job!

Anyway, I thought i'd start this thread and see what all of you (that I havent been in touch with) have been upto?

Glad to know that you are doing well at work Face.

I am off next week ... woohooo ... going back home

xx
Old Jun 15th 2005, 7:28 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by novita77
Glad to know that you are doing well at work Face.

I am off next week ... woohooo ... going back home

xx
cool. Hope u have a gr8 trip Nov...... dont 4get to send us a post card.
Old Jun 15th 2005, 7:29 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Working out at the gym everyday. Looking for jobs and looking into possibly returning to the UK.
Old Jun 15th 2005, 7:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Hello folks......

Wow - just happen to see this thread before I signed off for the afternoon!

Wonderful to hear from you and so incredibly thrilled that things are going so well! Couldn't happen to a nicer guy ! I was just asking the other day where you had disappeared to!

Take care and try to pop into the DT for a drink sometimes. We miss seeing that ugly mug of yours!
Old Jun 15th 2005, 7:34 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by willmore
Wow - just happen to see this thread before I signed off for the afternoon!

Wonderful to hear from you and so incredibly thrilled that things are going so well! Couldn't happen to a nicer guy ! I was just asking the other day where you had disappeared to!

Take care and try to pop into the DT for a drink sometimes. We miss seeing that ugly mug of yours!
Cheers for popping into the ME section WM.

Will make a slot for a drink in the DT one of these days. Funny how time vapourizes into nothingness when u have a real job! lol
Old Jun 15th 2005, 7:38 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by tomelina
Working out at the gym everyday. Looking for jobs and looking into possibly returning to the UK.
Hello mate.

Hows life in CA?

Whats promted thoughts to return to the UK, then?
Old Jun 15th 2005, 7:40 pm
W10

Face - I turned up on Tuesday during a break at work and no-one was there

You've changed man, you're like being devoured by the corporate monster

Old Jun 15th 2005, 7:45 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by W10
Face - I turned up on Tuesday during a break at work and no-one was there

You've changed man, you're like being devoured by the corporate monster
Hello mate.

I am sorry bout yesterday... didnt get a chance to return your call. And I do appologise bout no1 being there..... I didnt know u were thinking about going.... as far as I knew, u were working late and I didnt think u'd go. soz.

I have been rushed off my feet this week.... having to have to provide and participate in "corporate entertainment" to visiting directors from the UK has had me painting the town red every night this week! that on top of having to be at work at 7.

Well tonight was an early one as they fly back to London for 10 days, so i can breathe a little easier now. We will sort something out for this w/e... perhaps a round of bowling, so u can humiliate some of us. lol

how r u doing anyway? at work?

oh and as for that corporate monster, he's my newest mate!
Old Jun 15th 2005, 7:51 pm
W10

Was only joking buddy. It's great that you're enjoying your job and even better that it's giving you some good opportunities.

Now you know why some of use don't feel like going out after a night out the previous evening followed by 12 hours in the office

I'm at work now...news never sleeps

Bowling would be good actually as they've also got pool tables there haven't they? You just have to convince the others mate.

I've been promising to kick SM's butt around the 9 ball table for a few weeks now

Old Jun 15th 2005, 7:56 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by W10
Was only joking buddy. It's great that you're enjoying your job and even better that it's giving you some good opportunities.

Now you know why some of use don't feel like going out after a night out the previous evening followed by 12 hours in the office

I'm at work now...news never sleeps

Bowling would be good actually as they've also got pool tables there haven't they? You just have to convince the others mate.

I've been promising to kick SM's butt around the 9 ball table for a few weeks now
Not only do I understand why u dont want to go out after spending 12 hours of work, but I have now experienced it! lol

News never sleeps...... I like that..... has a good ring to it.

Not to worry bout the bowling and pool..... I will have a word with the others tom AM and c what sort of crowd I can rustle up.... should be a laugh.
Old Jun 17th 2005, 10:54 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Your Aunty Cas and Uncle Carl are doing fine - still waiting for our Permanant Residency Visa - and I'm working long hours at the moment as well - that will change once we have PR !!

Otherwise enjoying Australia very much

We have bought a new car (Rav4) so we can do some more adventurous trips - just got to sell the Mitsubishi now - (anybody coming to Melbourne - Aus who wants to but a nice car??)

Take care Mr Face

Aunty Cas
Old Jun 17th 2005, 2:37 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Hello mate.

Hows life in CA?

Whats promted thoughts to return to the UK, then?
Things are okay. I have plenty of time on my hands but no income, no problem as we have substantial savings and I am getting unemployment. Looking for jobs, interviewing and spending time with my son. I am also working out pretty much daily at the gym.
As far as a return to the UK, a number of things have prompted this. I have felt like making a move even before I lost my job, the primary concerns are;
Family, Elina and I are both immigrants and have no family here, this means a restricted social life as we have no babysitter. LA is also very expensive, a house here is $500K and up, then you still might have to pay for private education? With the money we have saved we could put 50% or more down on a house near our family. Most of our freinds have moved away from LA. I'm not knocking the US, I have had my up's and downs here like anywhere, maybe just time for a change? At 40 you think differently to how I did when I came here at 22.
Old Jun 17th 2005, 6:32 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute
Default !

Originally Posted by tomelina
Things are okay. I have plenty of time on my hands but no income, no problem as we have substantial savings and I am getting unemployment. Looking for jobs, interviewing and spending time with my son. I am also working out pretty much daily at the gym.
As far as a return to the UK, a number of things have prompted this. I have felt like making a move even before I lost my job, the primary concerns are;
Family, Elina and I are both immigrants and have no family here, this means a restricted social life as we have no babysitter. LA is also very expensive, a house here is $500K and up, then you still might have to pay for private education? With the money we have saved we could put 50% or more down on a house near our family. Most of our freinds have moved away from LA. I'm not knocking the US, I have had my up's and downs here like anywhere, maybe just time for a change? At 40 you think differently to how I did when I came here at 22.
I reckon you should come to dubai, lots happening here - not all good - but what the hell!! All good fun !!!!!!!!
Old Jun 18th 2005, 7:28 am
The Oracle

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Your Aunty Cas and Uncle Carl are doing fine - still waiting for our Permanant Residency Visa - and I'm working long hours at the moment as well - that will change once we have PR !!

Otherwise enjoying Australia very much

We have bought a new car (Rav4) so we can do some more adventurous trips - just got to sell the Mitsubishi now - (anybody coming to Melbourne - Aus who wants to but a nice car??)

Take care Mr Face

Aunty Cas
Hello Aunty Cas and Uncle Carl!!!!

I am sure your PR will come through pretty soon. the two of you seem to have taken root quite firmly down under. Interesting there how u managed to slip in the sale of your car into te conversation. lol.

I wish the 2 of u all the best and hope we get a chance to talk properly on here soon.

Cheers,
F.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.