Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

So what’s really happening in the Dubai rental market 2010?

So what’s really happening in the Dubai rental market 2010?

Old Jan 7th 2010, 11:22 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So what’s really happening in the Dubai rental market 2010?

Originally Posted by Jeeper
Are you sure you meant 50,000dhs? per month?

I would have thought Dewa would have to provide a full time rain cloud over your villa to generate that sort of cost.
she is talking about the bill between june 2008 - june 2009...
reading is hard...
Old Jan 7th 2010, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
she is talking about the bill between june 2008 - june 2009...
reading is hard...
ah.....thought it didn't make sense. Not used to things being quoted in annual terms
I need to start reading entire threads before posting.
DOH!
Old Jan 7th 2010, 12:21 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Still a load of money on an annual basis.

Mirdiff to Media City could be a nightmare commute...unless things have changed substantially since I left....i.e. 3 new crossings over the creek and everyone else using the Metro.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 12:27 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Still a load of money on an annual basis.

Mirdiff to Media City could be a nightmare commute...unless things have changed substantially since I left....i.e. 3 new crossings over the creek and everyone else using the Metro.
Business Bay Brigde has made a hell of a difference for sure...but I agree Mirdif wouldn't be ideal, although I do think for his budget it has the best houses on offer...
and the beach is only 20 mins away during the weekend...
Old Jan 7th 2010, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beans-on-Toast Britain
Thanks, looks interesting, will add that one to the list of places to see. Sounds like it’s a fairly new development, so is there still a lot of construction going on?
Al Barsha is more of a "locals" area. I am talking about al Barsha 2 (opps DAA) I have lived there for 6 years. Apartments across the road nearer the MOE are still construction sites but Al Barsha 2 is quite established. But it may not be the place for you if you want to live cheek to jowl with other expats with small gardens and all the houses looking the same

I like big gardens/villa and high walls. I have 2 dogs who love the space to play.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 1:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
and the beach is only 20 mins away during the weekend...
as is quiz night on a monday, lol...

MM, xx
Old Jan 8th 2010, 4:12 am
Just Joined

Beans-on-Toast Britain is just really niceBeans-on-Toast Britain is just really niceBeans-on-Toast Britain is just really niceBeans-on-Toast Britain is just really niceBeans-on-Toast Britain is just really niceBeans-on-Toast Britain is just really niceBeans-on-Toast Britain is just really niceBeans-on-Toast Britain is just really nice

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
if you want to live cheek to jowl with other expats with small gardens and all the houses looking the same
Well I’ve been living in Little India the last couple of years, so maybe it’s time to reconnect with my fellow whities.

Is there a branch of the Aryan Brotherhood in Dubai?
Old Jan 8th 2010, 6:41 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ya know, I always thought most of the houses in Al Barsha looked the same. Big-ass ugly-ass cement villas in the same 3-4 colour schemes.

Al Barsha is more of a "locals" area. I am talking about al Barsha 2 (opps DAA) I have lived there for 6 years. Apartments across the road nearer the MOE are still construction sites but Al Barsha 2 is quite established. But it may not be the place for you if you want to live cheek to jowl with other expats with small gardens and all the houses looking the same

I like big gardens/villa and high walls. I have 2 dogs who love the space to play.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Ya know, I always thought most of the houses in Al Barsha looked the same. Big-ass ugly-ass cement villas in the same 3-4 colour schemes.
Well my dear, you obviously haven't been inside too many of them.
and looking out from my villa there is a burnt orange colour, a blue and orange 1, a cream 1, a grey 1, a white 1 and a brown 1. There is even a green 1 in the next road but I certainly wouldn't want to live in it lol.
There is a huge villa next to me, a smaller 1 down the road, a single storey very cute little 1 , 1 that is all glass fronted, 1 with a very imposing entrance with high pillars either side..infact they are all different, unlike the Springs etc where they all look the same.......Small-ass ugly-ass cement villas in the same 1 colour.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 1:01 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Eh. They all look the same to me. Ugly as shit.

All these high garden walls, little landscaping and everything between the villas brown, brown and brown.

End of the day: for a long time the real estate market in Dubai was so tight that people had to take what was available, whether they ended up in the Ranches or Jumeira or Al Barsha, that it's silly to be criticising where people ended up living. Except Mirdiff, of course.

Well my dear, you obviously haven't been inside too many of them.
and looking out from my villa there is a burnt orange colour, a blue and orange 1, a cream 1, a grey 1, a white 1 and a brown 1. There is even a green 1 in the next road but I certainly wouldn't want to live in it lol.
There is a huge villa next to me, a smaller 1 down the road, a single storey very cute little 1 , 1 that is all glass fronted, 1 with a very imposing entrance with high pillars either side..infact they are all different, unlike the Springs etc where they all look the same.......Small-ass ugly-ass cement villas in the same 1 colour.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Eh. They all look the same to me. Ugly as shit.

All these high garden walls, little landscaping and everything between the villas brown, brown and brown.

End of the day: for a long time the real estate market in Dubai was so tight that people had to take what was available, whether they ended up in the Ranches or Jumeira or Al Barsha, that it's silly to be criticising where people ended up living. Except Mirdiff, of course.
When I moved to Al Barsha 6 years ago there was no shortage of housing and prices were reasonable. I chose Al Barsha because they were large individual villas with high walls, big gardens and not such an expat area.