Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

So many leaving Doha

So many leaving Doha

Old May 20th 2014, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

Crewegirl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: So many leaving Doha

Johnnyboy11 that's hilarious and I would pay to see that.
Old May 20th 2014, 7:29 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Johnnyboy11

Only 6 weeks to Ramadan
that'll be 6 weeks until my holiday then!
Old May 21st 2014, 4:01 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

I like Ramadan here , i see it though every year , less work , less twats on the roads and no stupid arses on the school run .

Stock up on the grog and see myself through it , my compound is usually empty which suits me down to the ground .

Big up for the Holy Month
Old May 21st 2014, 10:56 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
I like Ramadan here , i see it though every year , less work , less twats on the roads and no stupid arses on the school run .

Stock up on the grog and see myself through it , my compound is usually empty which suits me down to the ground .

Mine consists of having to be in work in the morning to get anything done with police etc then going home and not being able to drink as I have to go back to work at around half 8 for a few hours. Grim.

Split shifts suck.
Old May 21st 2014, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Mine consists of having to be in work in the morning to get anything done with police etc then going home and not being able to drink as I have to go back to work at around half 8 for a few hours. Grim.

Split shifts suck.
Killer mate , i wouldn't be too found of that . Did a bit of that in A.D in the late 90's .

Saying that , you were better off at graft than been stuck in the Tavern with a load of Ethiopian hookers
Old May 21st 2014, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Killer mate , i wouldn't be too found of that . Did a bit of that in A.D in the late 90's .

Saying that , you were better off at graft than been stuck in the Tavern with a load of Ethiopian hookers
I remember when AD used to close all pubs and didn't serve alcohol anywhere during Ramadan. It was a good month for dieting
Old May 21st 2014, 1:21 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Which is the bad bit ?
The tavern?
The hookers?
The fact they are Ethiopian?
Or the unholy combination of all three?

To avoid the potential heartache of missing friends who left Doha while I remained; I elected not to live there. This procedure works in KSA, Kuwait and various other countries.
Old May 21st 2014, 1:32 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I'm with you on that.

It's not too bad, it's an early finish and most afternoons are spent at Sega Republic or playing golf.

This will be my first full month though, normally get away for the last week or so.
Old May 22nd 2014, 6:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scamp
I'm with you on that.

It's not too bad, it's an early finish and most afternoons are spent at Sega Republic or playing golf.

This will be my first full month though, normally get away for the last week or so.
Ramadan in Dubai is totally different than here mate , everything here is on lockdown for the full duration . Supermarkets change their hours , all bars are shut down and the country basically comes to a standstill.
You can't even get a Starbucks during the day , everyday is basically like a Friday morning .

You can basically function as normal in Dubai , shops , restaurants and even a beer or after sunset , no chance of that here in the Land That Time Forgot !
Old May 22nd 2014, 7:33 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Ramadan in Dubai is totally different than here mate , everything here is on lockdown for the full duration . Supermarkets change their hours , all bars are shut down and the country basically comes to a standstill.
You can't even get a Starbucks during the day , everyday is basically like a Friday morning .

You can basically function as normal in Dubai , shops , restaurants and even a beer or after sunset , no chance of that here in the Land That Time Forgot !
True.

I've had some spectacularly good nights out in Ramadan.
Old May 22nd 2014, 8:08 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

True.

I've had some spectacularly good nights out in Ramadan.
Agreed. Always puzzled me that, of the three activities enjoyed in many bars, the two which are prohibited by the Muslim faith continue during Ramadan, but the on that isn't doesn't. Nice to be able to have a conversation, too.
Old May 22nd 2014, 9:36 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Agreed. Always puzzled me that, of the three activities enjoyed in many bars, the two which are prohibited by the Muslim faith continue during Ramadan, but the on that isn't doesn't. Nice to be able to have a conversation, too.
I've said it before but I was smashed out my face in a bar one Ramadan evening and got told to stop dancing (the macarena).....
Old May 22nd 2014, 9:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

I've said it before but I was smashed out my face in a bar one Ramadan evening and got told to stop dancing (the macarena).....
To be honest, it doesn't need to be ramadan to want to stop a grown man dancing the macarena....
Old May 22nd 2014, 10:27 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

So many leaving Doha-dance.jpg
Old May 22nd 2014, 1:40 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Eggzacterly! Tonight I shall be mainly getting mullered at Le Meridian Village triangle. Followed by some outrageously dreadful dancing at Nelsons. Because I can

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.