Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

So how much do you need to earn - senerio...

So how much do you need to earn - senerio...

Old Mar 29th 2008, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

jason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nice
Question So how much do you need to earn - senerio...

Ok. I am planning on sending £2k a month back to the UK to pay for the house family, and credit cards. I'm planning on living in Dubai for a few years if I had my accommodation paid and medical how much do I need to be able to live comfortably in Dubai or AD? i.e. is 4k a month enough? I want to save some but also have a decent time in the UAE. I'm an Architect.

Many thanks,

P.S. If this question has been posted before please direct me?
Old Mar 29th 2008, 12:15 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So how much do you need to earn - senerio...

you talking pounds or dirhams?
Old Mar 29th 2008, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

jason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nice

GBP please!
Old Mar 29th 2008, 12:24 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jason4004
GBP please!
it depends on what sort of lifestyle you have? I would say about 1500 quid but it really depends on what you want to do in your spare time etc
Old Mar 29th 2008, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Well I will be on my own - so sat at the bar sobbing into a beer every night!
Just be able to eat and see the sights and do a bit of painting. I need to save at least £1k a month!
Old Mar 29th 2008, 12:50 pm
Concierge

so you are sending 2K home a month - 14,000 dhs, saving 1k - another 7,000 dhs and then about another 10,000 for living expenses here. Good job! well done!

Old Mar 29th 2008, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
so you are sending 2K home a month - 14,000 dhs, saving 1k - another 7,000 dhs and then about another 10,000 for living expenses here. Good job! well done!

I was trying to work out the maths on that! Sounds like a great job, do they have a vacancy for me as well!!
Old Mar 29th 2008, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

Red face Re: So how much do you need to earn - senerio...

Hi - I haven't secured a job - I just need to know what I need to aim for so I don't make a bit financial mistake.

Cheers,

Jason
Old Mar 29th 2008, 7:21 pm

Coxy the Bear is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jason4004
Hi - I haven't secured a job - I just need to know what I need to aim for so I don't make a bit financial mistake.

Cheers,

Jason
Jesus, I'm only on 1K basic with up too 1K bonus, but then all my bills, car and stuff are paid for. I live quite comfotably
Old Mar 30th 2008, 6:20 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Coxy the Bear
Jesus, I'm only on 1K basic with up too 1K bonus, but then all my bills, car and stuff are paid for. I live quite comfotably
you are only on 7000 dhs a month? wow that must be hard
Old Mar 30th 2008, 6:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

you are only on 7000 dhs a month? wow that must be hard
that's purely spending money though...

MM, xx
Old Mar 30th 2008, 6:23 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
that's purely spending money though...

MM, xx
true, so maybe not that hard
Old Mar 30th 2008, 9:33 am

Coxy the Bear is an unknown quantity at this point

true, so maybe not that hard
Piece of cake, the only bill I pay is for internet. I haven't got a ball and chain and rug rats to worry about, no mortgage anymore as I sold out before the prices crashed. It's all about entertainment!
Old Mar 30th 2008, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

BlackCloud is a jewel in the roughBlackCloud is a jewel in the roughBlackCloud is a jewel in the roughBlackCloud is a jewel in the roughBlackCloud is a jewel in the rough

I like the attitude. It is a modest basic salary but I can understand you can enjoy living here and the salary does have a potential for up to 14k a month so not so bad.

I'm just wondering whether you are able to make any provision for future pension, or if you were ever to go back to the UK trying to get back into the housing market?
Old Mar 30th 2008, 12:20 pm

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BlackCloud
I like the attitude. It is a modest basic salary but I can understand you can enjoy living here and the salary does have a potential for up to 14k a month so not so bad.

I'm just wondering whether you are able to make any provision for future pension, or if you were ever to go back to the UK trying to get back into the housing market?
I smell a financial pitch coming up.....................lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.