Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

So how was last night

So how was last night

Old Jan 2nd 2005, 8:38 am
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So how was last night

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Lets start another thread about maids.

My thoughts are from a blokes perspective, and although we dont do any cleaning anyway , i disagree with them doing everything.

Us guys work hard to keep our wives/families in a good quality of life. Most of us lot have relocated here chasing a fatter pay packet and career progression.

Is it fair that us guys fork out on maids while our wives are sat at home. Not only that..having a maid gives the missus more time to spend fortunes on manicures shopping trips and health club membership which rarely gets used etc.

Most women in the western world cope just fine without one. what would people do when they went back to the UK or the States ??!!

I have nothing against them coming in a few times a week to clean, but what sort of a wife does nothing for her husband whilst he is slaving at work to meet the bills?!, why some women pull their weight in the relationship rather than it being totally one sided ?!

JD I have no time for myself whatsoever. I cannot meet friends cos my little one gets bored and wants to run around. I cannot go shopping cos she does not like staying in her buggy and the others dont like shopping. I slave around them like crazy, I want this, I want that. I am hungry, I am thirsty. Try cleaning up their rooms. Help them with their homework. Struggle to have them bathed and ready for bed by 8pm and up again to help them prepare for school at 6am. Take care of them when they are sick and up half the night. Besides all this theres the cooking, the cleaning, the ironing, the grocery shopping (u know i go to the supermarket every two days cos theres no milk or no cereal or they desperately need to have this and that) and of course the driving around to take them here and pick them there. In all this I try to find time to make an effort and look good for hubby and pamper him a little but poor thing I rarely have time alone with him cos I am usually dead beat by the end of the day. Well if I had a maid I would probably have more time for the kids and most of all my hubby, with whom I still love to spend time with like it was our first date. Besdies I would never slave a maid but will probably give her a much better life than she is used to back at home. I think it all depends on yr background. My family was never rich, my mum used to sew our clothes to have extra money. I was taught to respect everyone no matter where they come from and what colour skin they have. I think if I had a mad I can lead a much better life and not to attend health clubs or nail salons but to spend more quality time with my children and most of all my hubby and why not take care of myself a bit more. And not only that but the miad would do well as well cos we will probably love her like one of us.

But thats just my opinion and I havent got a maid yet hehe......
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 8:44 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Malteser
JD I have no time for myself whatsoever. I cannot meet friends cos my little one gets bored and wants to run around. I cannot go shopping cos she does not like staying in her buggy and the others dont like shopping. I slave around them like crazy, I want this, I want that. I am hungry, I am thirsty. Try cleaning up their rooms. Help them with their homework. Struggle to have them bathed and ready for bed by 8pm and up again to help them prepare for school at 6am. Take care of them when they are sick and up half the night. Besides all this theres the cooking, the cleaning, the ironing, the grocery shopping (u know i go to the supermarket every two days cos theres no milk or no cereal or they desperately need to have this and that) and of course the driving around to take them here and pick them there. In all this I try to find time to make an effort and look good for hubby and pamper him a little but poor thing I rarely have time alone with him cos I am usually dead beat by the end of the day. Well if I had a maid I would probably have more time for the kids and most of all my hubby, with whom I still love to spend time with like it was our first date. Besdies I would never slave a maid but will probably give her a much better life than she is used to back at home. I think it all depends on yr background. My family was never rich, my mum used to sew our clothes to have extra money. I was taught to respect everyone no matter where they come from and what colour skin they have. I think if I had a mad I can lead a much better life and not to attend health clubs or nail salons but to spend more quality time with my children and most of all my hubby and why not take care of myself a bit more. And not only that but the miad would do well as well cos we will probably love her like one of us.

But thats just my opinion and I havent got a maid yet hehe......
A fair answer.
Thank you Malt.
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 3:10 pm
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Heart no offence taken and i don't want to get into this too far, I have had maids for too long. Everybody is brought up different and that's a fact.

Me and JD married...huh I wud never be tied to the kitchen sink LOL

Squirty, sticky stuff....hv no idea TS but I saved it a stuffed my turkey with it....it seemed tasty as usual LOL

If this site is gonna get bitchy I may as well go back to analexpatwomen.com
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 3:12 pm
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jellybean
Heart no offence taken and i don't want to get into this too far, I have had maids for too long. Everybody is brought up different and that's a fact.

Me and JD married...huh I wud never be tied to the kitchen sink LOL

Squirty, sticky stuff....hv no idea TS but I saved it a stuffed my turkey with it....it seemed tasty as usual LOL

If this site is gonna get bitchy I may as well go back to analexpatwomen.com

If I had my way I would go back to having two maids, a gardener, a driver and 3 security guards
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 4:56 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jellybean
If I had my way I would go back to having two maids, a gardener, a driver and 3 security guards
U will hv to go back to the shitholes then JB...
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

adel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Crying Freeman
Had a fantastic time last night! Food was good but the bar was bad! The Lodge is off my good pub list now..

Anyways, only had bout 4 hours kip and have mass headache now but it was worth it.
the lodge is definately off my list of fun places....
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 5:49 pm
Restless soul

Happiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to behold

My thoughts are from a blokes perspective, and although we dont do any cleaning anyway , i disagree with them doing everything.

Us guys work hard to keep our wives/families in a good quality of life. Most of us lot have relocated here chasing a fatter pay packet and career progression.

Is it fair that us guys fork out on maids while our wives are sat at home. Not only that..having a maid gives the missus more time to spend fortunes on manicures shopping trips and health club membership which rarely gets used etc.

Most women in the western world cope just fine without one. what would people do when they went back to the UK or the States ??!!

I have nothing against them coming in a few times a week to clean, but what sort of a wife does nothing for her husband whilst he is slaving at work to meet the bills?!, why some women pull their weight in the relationship rather than it being totally one sided ?!

Aaah cos' that's a womans job. I agree ( )
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Singlemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of light

...and what if it's the wife that's slaving at work to meet the bills?? is she "allowed" to have a maid???
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 6:25 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Singlemom
...and what if it's the wife that's slaving at work to meet the bills?? is she "allowed" to have a maid???
Y E S S ...... O F C O U R S E ! ! ! !
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Singlemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by novita77
Y E S S ...... O F C O U R S E ! ! ! !
Thanks Novi!!
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 5:00 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Singlemom
Thanks Novi!!
Of I see....lets gang up on JD time ehhh??!!!

Please note, I have a part time maid, and i have NO PROBLEM with people who want or have them... I was just mentioning that i think its wrong that they do ABSOLUTELY everything. I dont know about you, but i would get bored out of head just doing nothing all day !!

JellyBean, your statement about me chaining you up in the kitchen is way off the mark...........bedroom yes..kitchen no.

Anyway, i dont really give a monkeys...just started the thread to liven things up....hhhmmmm...what next...politics or religion???
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 5:07 am
semarang

Of I see....lets gang up on JD time ehhh??!!!

Please note, I have a part time maid, and i have NO PROBLEM with people who want or have them... I was just mentioning that i think its wrong that they do ABSOLUTELY everything. I dont know about you, but i would get bored out of head just doing nothing all day !!

JellyBean, your statement about me chaining you up in the kitchen is way off the mark...........bedroom yes..kitchen no.

Anyway, i dont really give a monkeys...just started the thread to liven things up....hhhmmmm...what next...politics or religion???
Morning JD !!!

Come on JD... we are not gang up on u! Singlemom is a working mom, and she have a daugther ... so of course she entitle to have a maid. Don't u think?

And as for talking abt maid in this forum is more interesting because u read 'bloke's point of view' as well. Interesting eh???

I don't hv a maid in our hse too, just somebody mopping the floor and cleaning the bathrooms once a week.
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 5:13 am
Up in the air

Morning JD !!!

Come on JD... we are not gang up on u! Singlemom is a working mom, and she have a daugther ... so of course she entitle to have a maid. Don't u think?

And as for talking abt maid in this forum is more interesting because u read 'bloke's point of view' as well. Interesting eh???

I don't hv a maid in our hse too, just somebody mopping the floor and cleaning the bathrooms once a week.
Hey Nov,
How are you !!??
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 5:29 am
semarang

Hey Nov,
How are you !!??
I am good JD thanks for asking. Last day today being chain up to my son. Tomorrow he go back to nursery. Then I can do my own things again. I know it is apart of being a mom ... but try to go shopping or going out with ur friends with a toddler is a nightmare.

Been waiting for the pas 2,5 hrs for the maintenance guy to fix our water heater (when hubby rang they should be here in 30 mins ).

And top of that I have 3 days of ironing to catch up.... :scared:
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 5:45 am
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

I am good JD thanks for asking. Last day today being chain up to my son. Tomorrow he go back to nursery. Then I can do my own things again. I know it is apart of being a mom ... but try to go shopping or going out with ur friends with a toddler is a nightmare.

Been waiting for the pas 2,5 hrs for the maintenance guy to fix our water heater (when hubby rang they should be here in 30 mins ).

And top of that I have 3 days of ironing to catch up.... :scared:

Awwww poor Novi, I know what u mean. My kiddies off to school tomorrow too YYIIPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE............................. .............will u my ironing as well while ure at it???? hehe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.