Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

So how was last night

So how was last night

Old Jan 1st 2005, 7:02 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice
Default Re: So how was last night

an eyeopener...
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 5:01 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
Lets hear some of those entertaining stories of last night's escapades.....if u can remember
Had a great time, in great surroundings with trusted friends.

cant ask for more than that. !!!
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 6:36 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

When commeth Mother Teresa?

The beach road was a bit of a hoot...especially trying to drive and dodge my car through streams of bloody squirty sticky stuff LOL. I tried to get my hubby to sit atop the roof but he wasn't in the mood bless
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 6:37 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Had a great time, in great surroundings with trusted friends.

cant ask for more than that. !!!
Absolutely!! x
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 7:01 am
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jellybean
When commeth Mother Teresa?

The beach road was a bit of a hoot...especially trying to drive and dodge my car through streams of bloody squirty sticky stuff LOL. I tried to get my hubby to sit atop the roof but he wasn't in the mood bless
yep... probably not enough space with the maid on the roof as well. :scared:
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 7:11 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
yep... probably not enough space with the maid on the roof as well. :scared:

OMG is she still there....bloody nora I wondered why my ironing hadn't been done :scared:
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 7:16 am
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

OMG is she still there....bloody nora I wondered why my ironing hadn't been done :scared:

HAHA good one JB......................can she do mine as well pls?????

ok seriously now, what do u think about having amaid.......ppl tell me I should get one asap but Im still not sure. Mr.Malteser says I will end up buying her clothes and stuff and she will be spoiled by me.................its how I am....I really pity those ppl.........all that work for so little money........hey I do the same work and more and I dont get paid.........................(I make sure I do.............in other ways hehe)..............Whats yr say JB??
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 7:27 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Malteser
HAHA good one JB......................can she do mine as well pls?????

ok seriously now, what do u think about having amaid.......ppl tell me I should get one asap but Im still not sure. Mr.Malteser says I will end up buying her clothes and stuff and she will be spoiled by me.................its how I am....I really pity those ppl.........all that work for so little money........hey I do the same work and more and I dont get paid.........................(I make sure I do.............in other ways hehe)..............Whats yr say JB??
Very much depends on what you are used to Malt. I hated having a live-in maid 9 years ago...but now I freak if I don't have one!!! I know shocking, but so much easier with babies and children, heat, tiles floors, copious amounts of sand and stuff. I prefer to spend my days doing other stuff...like this LOL!!

Occasionally I decide that I want to iron or mop and the maid thinks I am mad, she argues with me over cooking and watering/weeding plants etc....I mean in a nice way, she wants to do everything. I always explain to new maids that sometimes I like to do these things and it isn't because they do not do them properly etc.

No problem spoiling maids, some might try it on a bit if they think you are a bit soft but they soon learn the boundaries. At the end of the day even if you do buy her clothes she will not be after any designer labels or anything like that. I bought my maid a few clothes, food and smellies, a tv/dvd player for Xmas plus a bonus I try and make up for being a bitch and making her sit on the roof of the car all the time
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 7:33 am
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

Very much depends on what you are used to Malt. I hated having a live-in maid 9 years ago...but now I freak if I don't have one!!! I know shocking, but so much easier with babies and children, heat, tiles floors, copious amounts of sand and stuff. I prefer to spend my days doing other stuff...like this LOL!!

Occasionally I decide that I want to iron or mop and the maid thinks I am mad, she argues with me over cooking and watering/weeding plants etc....I mean in a nice way, she wants to do everything. I always explain to new maids that sometimes I like to do these things and it isn't because they do not do them properly etc.

No problem spoiling maids, some might try it on a bit if they think you are a bit soft but they soon learn the boundaries. At the end of the day even if you do buy her clothes she will not be after any designer labels or anything like that. I bought my maid a few clothes, food and smellies, a tv/dvd player for Xmas plus a bonus I try and make up for being a bitch and making her sit on the roof of the car all the time

Awww that sounds great. I do everything myself and end up being grumpy when its all spoiled again. I had a maid a morning once a week back at home and already that was good but the thought of being able to go out and enjoy cos someone taking care of kiddies is very tempting believe me, esp with the youngest being so little and needs so much patience which I dont have anymore. We shall be moving to another, bigger house sometime next month (maybe a 8 bedroomed house in Jumeriah 1 LOL) and will organise getting one after that. Thnx for yr advice. Hehe maybe I can send u a piccie of myself jogging alongside the corniche LOL always dreamed of doing that hahaha
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 7:38 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

lol... i like this one JB ... Some ppl can't accept it when others have a maid/maids ...
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 8:00 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

I wondered how long it would be before someone posted about Maids! LOL... I do everything myself despite the ammount of dust, dirt and sand.. Weeding, watering, cooking is my job, and so are my kids! I will stop here and now as I disagree with having one! No offence Jools xx
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 8:10 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
I wondered how long it would be before someone posted about Maids! LOL... I do everything myself despite the ammount of dust, dirt and sand.. Weeding, watering, cooking is my job, and so are my kids! I will stop here and now as I disagree with having one! No offence Jools xx
Lets start another thread about maids.

My thoughts are from a blokes perspective, and although we dont do any cleaning anyway , i disagree with them doing everything.

Us guys work hard to keep our wives/families in a good quality of life. Most of us lot have relocated here chasing a fatter pay packet and career progression.

Is it fair that us guys fork out on maids while our wives are sat at home. Not only that..having a maid gives the missus more time to spend fortunes on manicures shopping trips and health club membership which rarely gets used etc.

Most women in the western world cope just fine without one. what would people do when they went back to the UK or the States ??!!

I have nothing against them coming in a few times a week to clean, but what sort of a wife does nothing for her husband whilst he is slaving at work to meet the bills?!, why some women pull their weight in the relationship rather than it being totally one sided ?!
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 8:12 am

My thoughts are from a blokes perspective, and although we dont do any cleaning anyway , i disagree with them doing everything.

Us guys work hard to keep our wives/families in a good quality of life. Most of us lot have relocated here chasing a fatter pay packet and career progression.

Is it fair that us guys fork out on maids while our wives are sat at home. Not only that..having a maid gives the missus more time to spend fortunes on manicures shopping trips and health club membership which rarely gets used etc.

Most women in the western world cope just fine without one. what would people do when they went back to the UK or the States ??!!

I have nothing against them coming in a few times a week to clean, but what sort of a wife does nothing for her husband whilst he is slaving at work to meet the bills?!, why some women pull their weight in the relationship rather than it being totally one sided ?!
Start that thread then!
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 8:17 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Phew... imagine JD as a husband and JB as a wife... hehehe ....

Nice to see from guys point of few. Well... my 2p worth ... i grow up with maids back home. My dad and step mom have 4 maids and 2 driver, my mom and and step dad have 2 maids. But so far 5,5 years marriages I never have any live-in maid. Only somebody cleaning the floor and bathrooms once a week ... The rest ... well ... do the best I can ... you will find my house always a mess most of the time.

Well ... as for me ... probably I am being tight here ... If I don't spend money on paying live in maid, means we have more money to spend on others thing. I admit some housewife here having a maid as a status symbol. Look posh I suppose ... hehehe ...

No offence JB... hehehe...
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 8:24 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

No...no..not thsi again.......aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....how did we get here from new year........

JB - what were the streams of squirty sticky stuff on beach road - was that from the defrosting turkey or from some other horrible event.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.