Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

So how was last night

So how was last night

Old Jan 1st 2005, 9:31 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute
Default So how was last night

Lets hear some of those entertaining stories of last night's escapades.....if u can remember
Old Jan 1st 2005, 9:53 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So how was last night

The riot: (almost)

went to a 'pay once and all food and booze free' do for a change...last minute plan. The place was packed and there was one bar with two bar tenders.....it took half an hour to fight thru the crowds....

Anyway at about 11pm....I finally made it back to the bar with Shiva.... we both asked for 8 vodka ices and a 6 pack of fosters (not our cosen drinks but more of that later).

The bar..steward at this moment decided that everyone could have one drink only...I was presented w one can of fosters.....Shiva the same.....two other british lads at the bar got the same treatment. we blocked the bar for about 2 mins and it get all a bit heated.....everyone behind us was kicking up a stink...we were shouting and demanding more...the barsrad told us to send everyone up to get their own drinks (??) a 3rd gent then appeared behind and decided that a riot was imminent....we were suddenly getting drinks thrown at us....

It all ended well as 2 more bars were opened within minutes.....lets just say that the bar owners out here definitely know how to screw the last cent out of u.....

Anyway and excellent eveing was had by all....................
Old Jan 1st 2005, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

kittykaboodle has a spectacular aura aboutkittykaboodle has a spectacular aura aboutkittykaboodle has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
The riot: (almost)

went to a 'pay once and all food and booze free' do for a change...last minute plan. The place was packed and there was one bar with two bar tenders.....it took half an hour to fight thru the crowds....

Anyway at about 11pm....I finally made it back to the bar with Shiva.... we both asked for 8 vodka ices and a 6 pack of fosters (not our cosen drinks but more of that later).

The bar..steward at this moment decided that everyone could have one drink only...I was presented w one can of fosters.....Shiva the same.....two other british lads at the bar got the same treatment. we blocked the bar for about 2 mins and it get all a bit heated.....everyone behind us was kicking up a stink...we were shouting and demanding more...the barsrad told us to send everyone up to get their own drinks (??) a 3rd gent then appeared behind and decided that a riot was imminent....we were suddenly getting drinks thrown at us....

It all ended well as 2 more bars were opened within minutes.....lets just say that the bar owners out here definitely know how to screw the last cent out of u.....

Anyway and excellent eveing was had by all....................
Well; you've really set the tone for ribald tales of debauched behaviour!!

I'm afraid our evening was very tame and civilised by comparison, dinner at friends followed by fireworks, champagne etc - I must be getting old or mature or just plain bloody boring!

HAPPY NEWYEAR

Kitty
Old Jan 1st 2005, 10:01 am
Premium Member

Originally Posted by kittykaboodle
Well; you've really set the tone for ribald tales of debauched behaviour!!

I'm afraid our evening was very tame and civilised by comparison, dinner at friends followed by fireworks, champagne etc - I must be getting old or mature or just plain bloody boring!

HAPPY NEWYEAR

Kitty
Happy new year KK...old and mature...i like it...opposite to young and immature....I must be somewhere in between...or perhaps i'm just an old git....

Hope yr dreams come true this year

TS.....
Old Jan 1st 2005, 10:16 am
Dazed and Confused

Crying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant future

Had a fantastic time last night! Food was good but the bar was bad! The Lodge is off my good pub list now..

Anyways, only had bout 4 hours kip and have mass headache now but it was worth it.
Old Jan 1st 2005, 11:39 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Go West Jumeira beach Hotel Dhs230 inclusive, fab food all the wine I cud drink....better than cooking sherry!!! AND a great band to boot. Had a great time AND got a birds-eye view of the JBH and Burj fireworks, which were amazing. Drive home was quite novel too!!!!! Nuff said
Old Jan 1st 2005, 12:09 pm
Restless soul

Happiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to behold

Lets hear some of those entertaining stories of last night's escapades.....if u can remember
Did anybody not do a thing?? Or am I the only one? Maybe I'll make up for it next New years eve...
Old Jan 1st 2005, 1:33 pm
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Jellybean
Go West Jumeira beach Hotel Dhs230 inclusive, fab food all the wine I cud drink....better than cooking sherry!!! AND a great band to boot. Had a great time AND got a birds-eye view of the JBH and Burj fireworks, which were amazing. Drive home was quite novel too!!!!! Nuff said
The drive....
Old Jan 1st 2005, 2:59 pm
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samireh
Did anybody not do a thing?? Or am I the only one? Maybe I'll make up for it next New years eve...

We didnt go anywhere either Samireh.................stayed at home wt Novita family, got chinese, talked, ran after the kids hehe and did the countdown.........wasnt so bad but I promise it will be much better this year...............ure on for nxt nye Novi..will have the party hats and sparklers next time ok
Old Jan 1st 2005, 3:04 pm
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

The drive....
I was on lemonade
Old Jan 1st 2005, 3:08 pm
Restless soul

Happiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Malteser
We didnt go anywhere either Samireh.................stayed at home wt Novita family, got chinese, talked, ran after the kids hehe and did the countdown.........wasnt so bad but I promise it will be much better this year...............ure on for nxt nye Novi..will have the party hats and sparklers next time ok
Sure..
I live near the burj al arab so I got to nose at the fireworks..It was a complete standstill on Jumeira road and I smiled when everyone tooted their horns at the turn of midnight.
Old Jan 1st 2005, 3:10 pm
Restless soul

I was on lemonade
'.....right after the Jack Daniels/Bacardi/Vodka'
Old Jan 1st 2005, 4:35 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Malteser
Hi Malt!! Thanks for having us last night. Next year we will have to do something else... But not sure wether Mr.Novita and Mr. Malt will hv a day off.
Old Jan 1st 2005, 5:08 pm
Premium Member

Thats a relief.........

I was on lemonade
Old Jan 1st 2005, 5:11 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Great! We went to Jebel Ali Sailing Club - lots of this :scared: and this but managed to arrive home at 4am just in time to phone folks back in the UK Whether they understood me is another matter!! Great view of all the fireworks from down there though. Happy New Year to everyone, hope its a good one, FD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.