Snow!

Old Dec 30th 2004, 2:01 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Exclamation Snow!

UAE snow

Ras Al Khaimah snowfall was UAE’s first in at least 40 years
Thursday 30th December 2004

CRAZY WEATHER: snow capped off a week of unusual weather.
It snowed in the United Arab Emirates yesterday for the first time since records began. The fall in the northern emirate of Ras Al Khaimah has capped off a week of nasty weather. One meteorologist from the UAE Met Office said he had “never experienced snow in the UAE and I am 40 years-old�.

According to the Met Office the temperature in the UAE dropped considerably yesterday so that the freezing level in Abu Dhabi was as low as 7,000 feet. The mountains of Ras Al Khaimah, including the UAE’s highest peak Al Jeis, are more than 4,600 feet high above sea level and coupled with the recent heavy rain was a probable cause for the freak snowfall.

The temperature at the summit of Al Jeis was reported to be -2 to -5 centigrade. Crown Prince Sheikh Saud bin Saqr Al Qasimi visited the mountain tops to see the snow for himself. The original RAK weather forecast for yesterday was “fine, partly cloudy with a light to moderate north easterly wind�.

WOW! Well....... errrrr...... it has snowed in Ras Al Khaimah once before.... back in 1994..... so their info isnt quite accurate, but still, it has never snowed this much!

Some day, snow may even fall in Dubai! Anything is possible, isnt it? We had 50mm's of rain in 4 days...... and errrrrrrr.... the annual average is 150mm.

hahaha. What a freaky set of events have been unfolding over the last week.... first the fact that the Eartch 'Wobbled on its axis by about an inch during the SE Asian quake and now this! :scared:
Old Dec 31st 2004, 8:13 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Snow!

More strange weather

Old Dec 31st 2004, 3:19 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Originally Posted by Face81
UAE snow

It snowed in the United Arab Emirates yesterday for the first time since records began. The fall in the northern emirate of Ras Al Khaimah has capped off a week of nasty weather. One meteorologist from the UAE Met Office said he had “never experienced snow in the UAE and I am 40 years-old�.

According to the Met Office the temperature in the UAE dropped considerably yesterday so that the freezing level in Abu Dhabi was as low as 7,000 feet. The mountains of Ras Al Khaimah, including the UAE’s highest peak Al Jeis, are more than 4,600 feet high above sea level and coupled with the recent heavy rain was a probable cause for the freak snowfall.

The temperature at the summit of Al Jeis was reported to be -2 to -5 centigrade. Crown Prince Sheikh Saud bin Saqr Al Qasimi visited the mountain tops to see the snow for himself. The original RAK weather forecast for yesterday was “fine, partly cloudy with a light to moderate north easterly wind�.

WOW! Well....... errrrr...... it has snowed in Ras Al Khaimah once before.... back in 1994..... so their info isnt quite accurate, but still, it has never snowed this much!

Some day, snow may even fall in Dubai! Anything is possible, isnt it? We had 50mm's of rain in 4 days...... and errrrrrrr.... the annual average is 150mm.

hahaha. What a freaky set of events have been unfolding over the last week.... first the fact that the Eartch 'Wobbled on its axis by about an inch during the SE Asian quake and now this! :scared:
Copyright 2004 Gulf News by any chance!!! lol
Old Dec 31st 2004, 3:47 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

That's awesome...
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 4:44 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Face81
UAE snow

I'm waiting for the first ski resort to open up in Hatta - it's only a matter of time now.
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 5:09 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
I'm waiting for the first ski resort to open up in Hatta - it's only a matter of time now.
Great eh??? Skiing in the middle east ... hehehe...
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

johnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nice
Default Snow!

You think the Snow was bad, I was lucky enough to have left my car on the street the night it rained if i had put it in the Underground Car Park look what might have happened!! the first picture shows the level of the water reached which was 2 inches off the top of the Land Cruiser. I then had to put up with 2 days of no water, no electricity and it aint funny trying to negotiate 9 flights,222 stairs pissed!!
Attached Thumbnails Snow!-tidemark.jpg   Snow!-wet-land-crusier.jpg   Snow!-silty-bmw.jpg  
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 12:28 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnbuoy
You think the Snow was bad, I was lucky enough to have left my car on the street the night it rained if i had put it in the Underground Car Park look what might have happened!! the first picture shows the level of the water reached which was 2 inches off the top of the Land Cruiser. I then had to put up with 2 days of no water, no electricity and it aint funny trying to negotiate 9 flights,222 stairs pissed!!
There are some serious plumbing problems in this country...serious.
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 12:29 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
There are some serious plumbing problems in this country...serious.
Not only there ... my place too!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 21st 2006, 6:29 am
semarang

Originally Posted by novita77
Great eh??? Skiing in the middle east ... hehehe...
i was digging up this old thread for friend, i guess now u can really skiing in UAE all year around