Old Oct 30th 2010, 7:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Skype

So skype appears to be scrambled in the UAE now? Does anyone know whats going on with it and whether its going onto the haram list?
Old Oct 30th 2010, 7:43 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skype

Originally Posted by kittycat1 View Post
So skype appears to be scrambled in the UAE now? Does anyone know whats going on with it and whether its going onto the haram list?
it's always been banned - not sure how they can mess with it though as it uses VPN type connections...?
Old Oct 31st 2010, 5:07 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

mine works fine..
Old Oct 31st 2010, 7:23 am
Account Closed

Tillybean is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kittycat1 View Post
Used mine last night with no problem.
Old Oct 31st 2010, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Bigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud of

Are you with Du or Etisalat kitty? I had trouble last night at GF's place on Skype through laptop but was crystal clear using Skype iPhone app. Works fine at my apartment on Du on laptop and iPhone.

Du, apparently, are due to launch their own VoIP software (chargeable, of course) shortly - probably why they are now tinkering, if they are. Shut down the competition and then launch your own product
Old Oct 31st 2010, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

Max the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really nice

I use a trusty (paid) UK VPN which works well on PC, but configured it on MAC and does not work at all??? Therefore the I phone skype does not work, or at best very badly.
I am on DU
Old Oct 31st 2010, 12:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I've spoken to several people at work and they all seem to be having problems with it. How do you get a UK VPN?
Old Oct 31st 2010, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud of

PM you the details now...
Old Oct 31st 2010, 4:30 pm
Banned

twisty100 will become famous soon enough

No problem with mine, i'm using www.***************** for my VPN, all good.
Old Oct 31st 2010, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by twisty100 View Post
Mate, either you're tying to promote this website or you won't take telling! If you post these VPNs publicly then it aids the people that block us from browsing in the first place to then block access to this website too! Do a search on google for VPN and see how many of the suggested websites you can actually visit without being blocked. Not many I would imagine......
Old Oct 31st 2010, 8:40 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

twisty, I'm with bigtaff on this ... haven't you bothered to read the rest of this thread? Numptie
Old Nov 1st 2010, 5:29 pm
Sand pit since May 2010

Geo79 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in Saudi. Can someone recommend by way of a PM a VPN for me so that I can watch BBC iplayer?

Is it a case of "you get what you pay for" with VPN services?

Thanks
Old Nov 1st 2010, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Geo79 View Post
I'm in Saudi. Can someone recommend by way of a PM a VPN for me so that I can watch BBC iplayer?

Is it a case of "you get what you pay for" with VPN services?

Thanks
I would imagine it's the same as Internet supply where every server can handle so many connections and the less connections allowed to the server, the faster the service on offer per user. Don't forget, you will lose a fair bit of your bandwidth because you will be connecting to the UK and then browsing so that data that you're requesting has to travel a fair distance!!
Old Nov 1st 2010, 6:51 pm
Sand pit since May 2010

Geo79 is an unknown quantity at this point

OK thanks Bigtaff. Can you PM and give me your recommendation as to which service provider to use?
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by twisty100 View Post
Blocked!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.