Reload this Page >

Single parent advice

Single parent advice

Old Feb 17th 2015, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

sahara7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Single parent advice

Hello.
I have been offered a job in Doha and the salary is QR 25,000. I am a single parent to an eight year old child who will move with me. My ex-husband (her biological father) is missing, we have not seen him for three years. I do not have any contact with his family (he is originally from South Africa). From what I have researched online, in order for my daughter to get a residency permit I need a Letter of No Objection from him, but I am unable to obtain this. Alternatively, I need to apply to a court - but this is prohibitively expensive (£2,000) and I am not entitled to Legal Aid.

If I arrive in Qatar with my daughter in this situation is she going to be turned down for residency? Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks in advance :-)

ps. I know I need to discuss this with the employer, but would rather investigate every avenue first.
Old Feb 18th 2015, 4:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Single parent advice

I hope this works out for you. He sounds like an asshole.
Old Feb 18th 2015, 5:12 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Hi. Doha is not a place for things to go wrong. Only go there with a letter of no objection, or a court statement.

Only go there with multiple entry/exit visas for you both.

Only go there with school fees and accommodation paid for you both on top of your 25k salary as this is not enoug for you both all in, and to provide you an emergency fund.
Old Feb 22nd 2015, 6:21 am
BE Enthusiast

primularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sahara, Original Sunshine is right.
You need to have all documents that say that you can bring your child with you, either letter from him or court statement. It might be worthy to invest 2.000 pounds for getting the court statement.
I know another single mother, she is fine here with a salary similar to yours but with housing and school paid and medical assurance, although public health services are good here.
Once housing and school fees are paid, expenses are not that high for a normal family life.
You will need little domestic help and maybe a shared driver for carpooling him to school. Don-t come here if you don-t have a place assured a school.
Go and live in a compound as there will be other families so the possibility of living in a small community. In our compound we help each other a lot with kids.