Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Signing a two year lease

Signing a two year lease

Old Jun 21st 2010, 5:05 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Signing a two year lease

I was prowling through a well-known realty company out here and saw several adverts for a 2-bed apartment in the Burj Lofts downtown, which is Emaar and comes with all the Emaar quality finishes. Not a bad place at all. Asking rent is 85,000 which is about 10-15,000 below what similar flats are asking at the moment, but....you must sign a two year lease....

Worth it?

Or is a sign that owners are getting desperate?
Old Jun 21st 2010, 5:15 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Signing a two year lease

Are you being serious about "all the quality Emaar finishes"? They are one of the worst developers around. Mind you, the price at Dhs85K for a 2-bed is pretty good for The Lofts though. Insist on a one year lease and see what they do, as the price won't be going upwards before the end of this year.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 2:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ethos83
I was prowling through a well-known realty company out here and saw several adverts for a 2-bed apartment in the Burj Lofts downtown, which is Emaar and comes with all the Emaar quality finishes. Not a bad place at all. Asking rent is 85,000 which is about 10-15,000 below what similar flats are asking at the moment, but....you must sign a two year lease....

Worth it?

Or is a sign that owners are getting desperate?
Sadly that wasn't my experience. Fortunately in August 2008 people were climbing over each other to purchase my flat.....................
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 5:06 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is Emaar that bad?

I've looked at tons of apartments and the Emaar buildings really did stand out for quality of finishes. The Lofts, Burj Views, Residences in Downtown, Fairways/Links in the Greens and Park Islands in the Marina.

I agree that they are not perfect but compared to other apartments in the area Emaar ones do stand out. They must have excellent architects because the apartments have much better proportions and window placements so even the small apartments somehow don't feel as small and cramped as non-Emaar apartments.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Is Emaar that bad?

I've looked at tons of apartments and the Emaar buildings really did stand out for quality of finishes. The Lofts, Burj Views, Residences in Downtown, Fairways/Links in the Greens and Park Islands in the Marina.

I agree that they are not perfect but compared to other apartments in the area Emaar ones do stand out. They must have excellent architects because the apartments have much better proportions and window placements so even the small apartments somehow don't feel as small and cramped as non-Emaar apartments.
I'm staying in an emaar place at the moment near downtown, the quality is really good compared to some of the places i've stayed at before. as you said huge windows so even this 1 bedroom flat looks fairly big
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 2:01 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cham128
I'm staying in an emaar place at the moment near downtown, the quality is really good compared to some of the places i've stayed at before. as you said huge windows so even this 1 bedroom flat looks fairly big
From my experience, large picture windows in Dubai often mean leakages when the rains come. Mind you, as its only 3-4 times a year, it may be a pain worth enduring.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lionheart
From my experience, large picture windows in Dubai often mean leakages when the rains come. Mind you, as its only 3-4 times a year, it may be a pain worth enduring.
true but then there's a huge sheltered balcony so water doesn't get anywhere near the windows