Reload this Page >

Sidra hospital compounds

Sidra hospital compounds

Old Jun 14th 2017, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

kcassapi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sidra hospital compounds

Originally Posted by bakerwe1
I would check you information they are no longer giving housing allowance as they have plenty of housing stock. Only if they cannot find you a house will they offer the housing allowance . It not guaranteed.
Hi
I got a housing allowance as part of my salary offer?? Didn't you?
Thanks katy
Old Jun 14th 2017, 7:41 pm
Just Joined

bakerwe1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kcassapi
Hi
Thanks katy
When did you get you offer?
Old Jun 14th 2017, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

Hi
Thanks katy
Can I ask what band you are in the NHS
Old Jun 15th 2017, 5:19 am
Just Joined

When did you get you offer?
Hi about 2 weeks ago
Old Jun 23rd 2017, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Muswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I been successful in securing a manager position at Sidra. Can I ask if the Sidra housing compounds are very good or is it best to rent in private compounds.

Thanks
Hi,
I used to work at Sidra, and was there for 2.5 years, returning to the USA in December 2016. I lived in Al Rayyan Oasis compound and really enjoyed living there. I have friends who are there and they confirmed that there are quite a few apartments and villas vacant. Sidra house people all over Doha, but where you live depends very much on your salary grade. They used to have almost all the apartments in "44 West" but have stopped that and are moving everyone out. Most people are being moved to some of the hotels to their "full service apartments". There are other apartment buildings such as "Al Rabban Tower" you might be assigned to. Qatar Foundation (QF) have housing all over Doha and you may be able to get in there. Ot take the allowance and find a place yourself, the Pearl has some good deals now due to low occupancy rates.
Choosing housing is very important for the happiness of your family.

Most important is getting a school place for your children. Apply for a space NOW if you haven't already as they fill up quickly! Just before I left the Qatari Government changed the rules regarding schooling, so that kids can only start at the beginning of the school year until around November'ish. No mid year school starts were allowed, and you have to have your RP in hand BEFORE you can bring your family over, and the kids can't start school before they have theirs. So: if you want your kids to start school in September you must be in Doha in August to get your RP, and bring them over in time so they can get their RP.

Sidra is a great project and I hope to go back there one day, but go into it with your eyes open. PM me if you want.....

All the best,
MH
Old Jun 24th 2017, 7:19 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Muswell Hill
Hi,
I used to work at Sidra, and was there for 2.5 years, returning to the USA in December 2016. I lived in Al Rayyan Oasis compound and really enjoyed living there. I have friends who are there and they confirmed that there are quite a few apartments and villas vacant. Sidra house people all over Doha, but where you live depends very much on your salary grade. They used to have almost all the apartments in "44 West" but have stopped that and are moving everyone out. Most people are being moved to some of the hotels to their "full service apartments". There are other apartment buildings such as "Al Rabban Tower" you might be assigned to. Qatar Foundation (QF) have housing all over Doha and you may be able to get in there. Ot take the allowance and find a place yourself, the Pearl has some good deals now due to low occupancy rates.

Most important is getting a school place for your children. Apply for a space NOW if you haven't already as they fill up quickly! Just before I left the Qatari Government changed the rules regarding schooling, so that kids can only start at the beginning of the school year until around November'ish. No mid year school starts were allowed, and you have to have your RP in hand BEFORE you can bring your family over, and the kids can't start school before they have theirs. So: if you want your kids to start school in September you must be in Doha in August to get your RP, and bring them over in time so they can get their RP.

Sidra is a great project and I hope to go back there one day, but go into it with your eyes open. PM me if you want.....

All the best,
MH
Hello

Thanks for this message. It's made me feel a lot better!! What do you mean by RP?
Katy
Old Jun 24th 2017, 7:22 am
Just Joined

Hello

Thanks for this message. It's made me feel a lot better!! What do you mean by RP?
Katy
Resident permit
Old Jul 24th 2017, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

rot4na is an unknown quantity at this point

If you don't mind me asking, what was your position at Sidra?

Originally Posted by Muswell Hill
Hi,

All the best,
MH
Old Jul 25th 2017, 2:32 am
Just Joined

suzanne NICOL is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

I have just got a job as a CNL in Sidra! There is a compound called Oasis which is for Sidra.

Katy
Hi Katy
I'm also a midwife keen to work in Qatar has husband has new job starting 1/10

Do you mind me asking about your job and package etc
Suzanne
Old Jul 28th 2017, 11:22 am
Just Joined

TheHappyMidwife is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I'm a midwife from the uk. Have been offered a position at sidra and wanted to know how long the process took people. Also as many have asked, what's the provided accommodation like, do you pay your own utilities? What's the cost of living like and how do most spend their free time. Looking forward to hearing back.

Regards,
THM
Old Jul 28th 2017, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TheHappyMidwife
Hi,

I'm a midwife from the uk. Have been offered a position at sidra and wanted to know how long the process took people. Also as many have asked, what's the provided accommodation like, do you pay your own utilities? What's the cost of living like and how do most spend their free time. Looking forward to hearing back.

Regards,
THM

For me it's taken 1 month to complete all the checks. I have to give 12 weeks notice so about 4 months.

I hear the accommodation is good, bear in mind that is free.

There are number of threads on the cost of living I would suggest having look at what people have posted.
Old Jul 28th 2017, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

For me it's taken 1 month to complete all the checks. I have to give 12 weeks notice so about 4 months.

There are number of threads on the cost of living I would suggest having look at what people have posted.
Hi Bakerwe1

Thanks for your response! One month, that's quite quick! What position will you be doing over there? Yes I can't see anything particularly negative about the accommodation (especially as it's free)!
I will do a search for cost of living, thanks. When will you be heading over?

Many thanks.
THM
Old Jul 28th 2017, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheHappyMidwife
Hi Bakerwe1

Thanks for your response! One month, that's quite quick! What position will you be doing over there? Yes I can't see anything particularly negative about the accommodation (especially as it's free)!
I will do a search for cost of living, thanks. When will you be heading over?

Many thanks.
THM
Everything is negative is Qatar , trust me
Old Jul 28th 2017, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

rot4na is an unknown quantity at this point

Free?

Hospital accommodation cost £2000, taken from your salary.

How did you manage to get it from free?

Old Jul 28th 2017, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Everything is negative is Qatar , trust me
Could you elaborate on the 'everything' as I'm curious as to why people would go if it's so bad?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.