Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Showtime with a Humax receiver

Showtime with a Humax receiver

Old Feb 3rd 2010, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

niddy is on a distinguished road
Default Showtime with a Humax receiver

Guys I have a humax receiver and use a showtime smart card. Most of the channels work, however there are a number of channels that just don't appear at all. I have rescanned and rescanned and about 12 channels just don't show up on the list of channels. Spoke to Showtime multiple times and get different answers. The problem is not with the smart card or some channels being encrypted - the problem is some channels just don't appear. One of the showtime people said i need a dish that was 110 cms. I checked the dish I have and it is 110 cms. Another guy said I needed to redirect the angle of the dish, I haven't done this.

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Many thanks.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Showtime with a Humax receiver

Originally Posted by niddy View Post
Guys I have a humax receiver and use a showtime smart card. Most of the channels work, however there are a number of channels that just don't appear at all. I have rescanned and rescanned and about 12 channels just don't show up on the list of channels. Spoke to Showtime multiple times and get different answers. The problem is not with the smart card or some channels being encrypted - the problem is some channels just don't appear. One of the showtime people said i need a dish that was 110 cms. I checked the dish I have and it is 110 cms. Another guy said I needed to redirect the angle of the dish, I haven't done this.

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Many thanks.
We don't have the Humax one but it looks similar.
We had lots of problems when I'd tune into a channel and nothing would show. Next day it would be fine....next day again...nothing.
Was random.
Feb 1st I think they did a full reset for everyone and all our channels have changed and I don't know where I'm at now.
But the blank screen problem appears to be rectified.

Re dish angle etc...they're just making things up to get you off the phone knowing you'll ring back and hopefully get someone else....if you receive most channels then the dish angle must be right.

Just realised this is my BusyBee post......full of bits of useless information and actually of no use to the OP whatsoever.

Last edited by Jeeper; Feb 3rd 2010 at 6:54 am. Reason: grammar shocker!
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

I had the same issue. Guy came out to fix a new dish and then said I didn't need one and he adjusted the frequency settings etc and I suddenly got all the channels.

There is an advert on Showtime at the moment about rescanning your decoder and it gives the settings for the Humax one as well.

Look at the dish settings to make sure they match.

http://www.osnetwork.com/faqs_en_gb.aspx
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 8:36 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benzonar View Post
I had the same issue. Guy came out to fix a new dish and then said I didn't need one and he adjusted the frequency settings etc and I suddenly got all the channels.

There is an advert on Showtime at the moment about rescanning your decoder and it gives the settings for the Humax one as well.

Look at the dish settings to make sure they match.

http://www.osnetwork.com/faqs_en_gb.aspx
and with the du box?

I'm sure we''velost some channels, show series 1 and 2 etc

any ideas?
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy View Post
and with the du box?

I'm sure we''velost some channels, show series 1 and 2 etc

any ideas?
we have the little silver DU box...It's a motorola.

we have lost a few channels not sure which yet.....but I know we've got 1 comedy channel now instead of 2.....which means only half the brain draining american cr.ap from the 90's

I still have the big fancy box from Bahrain which allowed me to record /watch 2 things at once etc etc etc.....apparently can't use on DU network.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

With Du it is cable so you will get whatever Du sends down the line. Try switching it off from the wall and wait a minute and it will reload.

I know Orbit Showtime have juggled some channels around and renamed them so that might be why some seem to be missing.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 11:18 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
we have the little silver DU box...It's a motorola.

we have lost a few channels not sure which yet.....but I know we've got 1 comedy channel now instead of 2.....which means only half the brain draining american cr.ap from the 90's

I still have the big fancy box from Bahrain which allowed me to record /watch 2 things at once etc etc etc.....apparently can't use on DU network.
yeah it's ridiculous that you can't do that, we used to have the showtime box, that was MILES better.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 11:19 am
why ayeeeee man!

With Du it is cable so you will get whatever Du sends down the line. Try switching it off from the wall and wait a minute and it will reload.

I know Orbit Showtime have juggled some channels around and renamed them so that might be why some seem to be missing.
america +2, some of the showseries channels have gone as well. hmm.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

I've got OSN variety on 220 which looks like a replacement for something (maybe show series 2)
America Plus 2 is on 197

Super Comedy seems to have gone (but maybe replaced by OSN Comedy 2) which means Show Comedy 2 has gone.
Show Comedy1 replaced by OSN comedy 1
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Niddy

Go into your setup menu and change the following settings

Antenna Nilesat 7.0

Freq set to 11996

Symbol rate is 27500

FEC 3/4

Search channels Yes
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 1:01 pm
why ayeeeee man!

I've got OSN variety on 220 which looks like a replacement for something (maybe show series 2)
America Plus 2 is on 197

Super Comedy seems to have gone (but maybe replaced by OSN Comedy 2) which means Show Comedy 2 has gone.
Show Comedy1 replaced by OSN comedy 1
yeah just spoke to the mooks at du, some have gone altogether and some have been replaced, with a couple more HC channels as well I think.

Plus I'm sure he said there's another sports channel as well, although I think nat geo has gone, which is a pisser as I love all that nature stuff.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

Keoic is just really niceKeoic is just really niceKeoic is just really niceKeoic is just really niceKeoic is just really niceKeoic is just really niceKeoic is just really niceKeoic is just really nice

From 01 Feb Showtime have removed the channels - you will not be able to tune them in as they no longer broadcast.
Go to the web site & look at the programs & you'll see the the range of channels now available. Some new ones & some are gone.
You will need to do the channel re-set.
I called them & the person I got was very helpful & talked me through it step by step.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

There was f.uck all to watch before and there's f.uck all now.
Aside from, and thank god for, sport.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Niddy

Go into your setup menu and change the following settings

Antenna Nilesat 7.0

Freq set to 11996

Symbol rate is 27500

FEC 3/4

Search channels Yes
I would like to have your avatar plastered on the rear windscreen of my vehicle - local style.