Show Box & iPod.

Old Mar 19th 2006, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Benson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to behold
Default Show Box & iPod.

Anyone out there got the new show box from showtime? If so Have you downloaded anything from your hard drive to your PC and have you tried to transfer to an iPod?

I haven't tried yet but would like to know if it is possible and how.

I am using XP and not an Apple which can make it harder to change the format to MPEG 4 I know. That is another hitch I am researching. Also am thinking of buying a Mac as you can load Windows on the Pentium one now. But think I might wait till the new Pentium Chips are out and have come down in price.
Old Mar 19th 2006, 9:42 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Show Box & iPod.

Originally Posted by Benson
Anyone out there got the new show box from showtime? If so Have you downloaded anything from your hard drive to your PC and have you tried to transfer to an iPod?

I haven't tried yet but would like to know if it is possible and how.

I am using XP and not an Apple which can make it harder to change the format to MPEG 4 I know. That is another hitch I am researching. Also am thinking of buying a Mac as you can load Windows on the Pentium one now. But think I might wait till the new Pentium Chips are out and have come down in price.
Hahahahahhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Gadget overload syndrome! You sound like me...

I MUST BE ABLE TO UPLOAD THIS FORMAT TO CONVERT IT TO SOMETHING ELSE SO I CAN PLAY IT SOMEWHERE MORE CONVIENIENT AND IT WILL TAKE ME APPROX 98 MAN HOURS TO ACHIEVE THIS AND I WILL BE THINKING IF I CAN ONLY JUST DO THIS MY LIFE MAY ALMOST BE 100% COMPLETE, I WILL BE HAPPY, WORLD PEACE MAY BE ACHIEVED AND I AM ONE STEP CLOSER TO BEING A GOD.... AND WHEN I HAVE DONE IT WILL USE IT PRECISELY ONCE....

but it will make me happy....

to answer your question - sorry no idea!
Old Mar 19th 2006, 9:45 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy

I MUST BE ABLE TO UPLOAD THIS FORMAT TO CONVERT IT TO SOMETHING ELSE SO I CAN PLAY IT SOMEWHERE MORE CONVIENIENT AND IT WILL TAKE ME APPROX 98 MAN HOURS TO ACHIEVE THIS AND I WILL BE THINKING IF I CAN ONLY JUST DO THIS MY LIFE MAY ALMOST BE 100% COMPLETE, I WILL BE HAPPY, WORLD PEACE MAY BE ACHIEVED AND I AM ONE STEP CLOSER TO BEING A GOD.... AND WHEN I HAVE DONE IT WILL USE IT PRECISELY ONCE....

I got a Netgear MP101 to play MP3s through my hi-fi. It works well straight out of the box but it wouldn't play Radio 1 (because it's broadcast in Real Media) so I spent about 20 hours and several chewed finger nails getting my PC to re-broadcast the radio stream so the MP101 can play it. The device is in the same room as the PC

I don't know the answer either
Old Mar 19th 2006, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Benson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Autonomy

do you have a showbox? Do you know what format it records in?

Last edited by Benson; Mar 19th 2006 at 10:03 am. Reason: can't type!
Old Mar 19th 2006, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wmoore
I got a Netgear MP101 to play MP3s through my hi-fi. It works well straight out of the box but it wouldn't play Radio 1 (because it's broadcast in Real Media) so I spent about 20 hours and several chewed finger nails getting my PC to re-broadcast the radio stream so the MP101 can play it. The device is in the same room as the PC

I don't know the answer either

do you have a TV decoder with a hard drive?
Old Mar 19th 2006, 10:08 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

do you have a TV decoder with a hard drive?
I have a TV tuner in my PC
Old Mar 19th 2006, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

I have a TV tuner in my PC

I asume that you can thefore record to the hard drive then. And you use a particular piece of software and that decides the file format? Also you on Mac or Windows?
Old Mar 19th 2006, 10:35 am
What's happening dudes?

I asume that you can thefore record to the hard drive then. And you use a particular piece of software and that decides the file format? Also you on Mac or Windows?
Windows XP. I use ShowShifter and it records in DivX format. Sadly they've gone under so you can't buy it any more.
Old Mar 19th 2006, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Windows XP. I use ShowShifter and it records in DivX format. Sadly they've gone under so you can't buy it any more.
can you change divX to MP4 easily or is it just as difficult.

Like I said before think I might get a Mac Book or something. I just find it odd that Mac have just changed to Intel and now Intel have anounced they are bringing out a new processor which can handle more traffic and use less power.

Anyway still got to find out if I can get the stuff of my decoders hard drive yet. There are two USB ports on it but it doesn't have anything in the manual about getting the stuff off the hard dirve to an external source but there must be a way.
Old Mar 19th 2006, 11:55 am