Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Short term car rental agreement

Short term car rental agreement

Old Feb 28th 2014, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

Myusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really nice
Default Short term car rental agreement

When I rented a car in Dubai short term they wanted, in addition to the rental agreement, a "charge the credit card"-piece of paper with an imprint of the credit card with my signature and leaving the total sum blank. Only after some argumentation they changed the total sum field to "not more than 2000 AED" or something which would cover the rental fee, saliks and the excess.

Is it usual that short term car rental companies want renters to sign such a piece of paper or similar with the total sum blank?
Old Mar 1st 2014, 3:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Short term car rental agreement

i had to get a hire car when an idiot crashed into my car, and it pretty standard that they want you to leave a "credit card deposit" just in case people do a runner with traffic fines etc.... this short term rental was for 1,000 dhs on the credit card which was of course taken then it was put back but only after 3 weeks... so no you are right it shouldnt be blank there should be at least a figure in there to protect you.