Short Stay

Old Mar 12th 2006, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

misscmm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Short Stay

Hi all, lurk a bit but have a quick q,

Where are the best places to look for apartments to rent for a short stay (3 weeks, a month maybe)?
Does anyone know of any websites they could point me in the direction of?

Thanks

Claire
Old Mar 12th 2006, 3:59 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Short Stay

Originally Posted by misscmm
Hi all, lurk a bit but have a quick q,

Where are the best places to look for apartments to rent for a short stay (3 weeks, a month maybe)?
Does anyone know of any websites they could point me in the direction of?

Thanks

Claire
You could try hotel apartments. Not cheap, but cheaper than hotel room I'd think.

Have a look at Oasis Court (www.oasiscourt.com maybe?). Nice and central but not cheap.

Loads in Bur Dubai.

What's your budget?
Old Mar 12th 2006, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

I was thinking more residential apartments, not hotels etc...

I'm not really sure about budget to be honest, its all still in the early stages of planning! Just trying to find the cheapest probably for somewhere that sleeps 1-2 people.
I came across this website http://www.holiday-rentals.com/Dubai/r1945.htm and I'm looking for more along those lines....
Old Mar 12th 2006, 6:11 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking more residential apartments, not hotels etc...

I'm not really sure about budget to be honest, its all still in the early stages of planning! Just trying to find the cheapest probably for somewhere that sleeps 1-2 people.
I came across this website http://www.holiday-rentals.com/Dubai/r1945.htm and I'm looking for more along those lines....
Did I not look hard enough? - but if so you have a budget of approx 700 quid per week at least? (quid = UK pounds just to state the obvious... approx 6.5 dirhams...)

If so you can take your pick almost. That's a nice budget. Oasis will set you back approx 9,000 dhs per month (ignore the site rates, haggle with everything) that is about 1,250 pounds or so. Cheapest on the site you pointed out for 4 weeks would be about 2,800 GBP per month.

If that is your budget you'll be fine.

You can have my centrally located 2 bed apartment inclusive of roof top pool, gym etc for 700 GBP per week if you like

If you are on a budget of less than that site indicates let me know...

Last edited by Autonomy; Mar 12th 2006 at 6:19 pm.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

Thank you! Its much appreciated!

I was wondering if I could haggle on the prices advertised actually, or get discounts for renting for multiple weeks, especially seeing as it would be low season. £700 a week is pretty expensive for me but I'm liking the sound of the Oasis at 9000 dirhams for a month.

However a 2 bed apartment inclusive of roof top pool and gym for 700 big ones also is very attractive
Old Mar 12th 2006, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

Sorry, read that wrong. Read it as £700 for a month, not week Aah knew it was too good to be true
Old Mar 12th 2006, 6:32 pm
Powered by cows

Sorry, read that wrong. Read it as £700 for a month, not week Aah knew it was too good to be true
Maybe I did say that... Watch everything out here, it may not be what it seems at first glance...

Oasis is fine - we stayed there for a while when we moved out to get work. What are you looking for? Convientient and central, spacious and nice, close to a beach, holiday or something else?

That will play a part in your choice... Dubai is very long and thin, beaches kind of at one end, business kind of at the other... sort off. Very far in a taxi, even though they are cheap, if you pick the "wrong" end. And no matter how cheap it is, don't stay in Deira.

So, business or pleasure...?
Old Mar 12th 2006, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=

Oasis is fine - we stayed there for a while when we moved out to get work. What are you looking for? Convientient and central, spacious and nice, close to a beach, holiday or something else?

[/QUOTE]

Well seeing as it will be my only holiday this year I would quite like spacious and nice, but I'm fairly easy to please!
It's purely on a pleasure basis and hopefully a friend will be returning to Dubai while I'm there so location isn't that important as I'll employ him as my personal taxi driver

I'm also waiting to see if one of my girl friends is going to come with me which would benefit my budget and maybe make me re-think location too. I stayed in Dubai for just over a month to work in 2004 so although I know areas I still feel a bit clueless when it comes to going for a holiday.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

And as you can see clueless about doing quotes.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 7:01 pm