Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Short Dubai holiday suggestions

Short Dubai holiday suggestions

Old May 3rd 2016, 5:04 am
BE Enthusiast

martinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Short Dubai holiday suggestions

Originally Posted by Millhouse
How was Club7?
A good question.

Since my "friend" is originally from the Philippines it would be expected that she would fit in to such a place but seven years in UK it seems have had an effect and chatting about it afterwards she felt somewhat ill at ease there. Not that such would stop her having fun, she's far too much of a fun person to let anything prevent that but she felt the attitude of the other patrons toward her was pretty nasty. Filipino guys intimating she was a hooker and not just a person. It could have been that she was there with a white guy when it's more "their" place, but her UK history has made her much less tolerant of such behaviour and also more aware of it. She said she was surprised by the level of very overt prostitution, both male-female and male-male, several other white guys there were very obviously not with ladies.

The entertainment was not bad, if rather formulaic, guys in skewed baseball caps girls in the shortest whatever and big hair, lots of inverted microphones, air punching, twerking etc, rather monotonic. No real solo performances, lots of swapping around on stage, well lit though and at least initially captivating.

Overall I think the experience sort of summed up so much of the Middle East for her at least. Nice to see, lots of flash bang, but scratch too deep and it's a bit seedy.

If you're entertaining the maid to a night out in return for dirty deeds done cheap I'd say it's a positive winner. Sophisticated it aint!
Old May 3rd 2016, 6:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martinbkk
If you're entertaining the maid to a night out in return for dirty deeds done cheap I'd say it's a positive winner. Sophisticated it aint!

What's interesting is that I have never noticed prostitution there, always thought it was pretty clean.
Old May 3rd 2016, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

martinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse

What's interesting is that I have never noticed prostitution there, always thought it was pretty clean.
It didn't look too much like a pickup joint but her comments were to the effect its more intra-ethnic so maybe we don't see it so easily.

Women have way better noses for that sort of thing I reckon anyway.