Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Shopping trip to Dubai

Shopping trip to Dubai

Old Feb 1st 2008, 3:55 am
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shopping trip to Dubai

Hello everyone,

Well, I'm going to be a big, brave independent girl today, and I'm gonna get the bus to Dubai to do some shopping.

As much as I love Abu Dhabi, the shops are not great. You can get lots of high-end designer tat like Louis Vuitton and Prada, but it's all a bit too chavvy looking for me. I want to know where in Dubai you can good, stylish clothes like Marc Jacobs, Anna Sui, Marni, that kind of thing. Does anybody know? Also, is there a Gina concession anywhere in Dubai? Gina offer international delivery from the UK, but it's £50 for 2 pairs of shoes!

I have also run out of basic supplies of skincare, and wonder if anybody can tell me where in Dubai I can buy Eve Lom skincare, and if there is anywhere that sells the Dr Sebagh and Dr Brandt ranges.

The bus will drop me in Deira, so directions to the shops would also be really helpful.

Thanks so much.

Sam x
Old Feb 1st 2008, 4:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shopping trip to Dubai

Originally Posted by Sam FTQ
Hello everyone,

Well, I'm going to be a big, brave independent girl today, and I'm gonna get the bus to Dubai to do some shopping.

As much as I love Abu Dhabi, the shops are not great. You can get lots of high-end designer tat like Louis Vuitton and Prada, but it's all a bit too chavvy looking for me. I want to know where in Dubai you can good, stylish clothes like Marc Jacobs, Anna Sui, Marni, that kind of thing. Does anybody know? Also, is there a Gina concession anywhere in Dubai? Gina offer international delivery from the UK, but it's £50 for 2 pairs of shoes!

I have also run out of basic supplies of skincare, and wonder if anybody can tell me where in Dubai I can buy Eve Lom skincare, and if there is anywhere that sells the Dr Sebagh and Dr Brandt ranges.

The bus will drop me in Deira, so directions to the shops would also be really helpful.

Thanks so much.

Sam x
Hi Sam,

So you took the plunge and took the bus? Good for you.........

I assume the bus will drop you somewhere near Deira City Centre, a huge-ish mall which a number of the regulars here seem to like, but which I find just too.......... er....... well, whatever.

Deira is the far side of town from Ab Dab, and you'll see Ibn Battuta and MotE, and others, as the bus speeds past.

I can't comment on shopping for women's clothes (I used to try my mum's on when I was young, but I've never actually BOUGHT any) but geographically I would want to be back on the Bur Dubai/SZR side.

PM me if you have time.

Last edited by The Dean; Feb 1st 2008 at 4:56 am. Reason: no reason
Old Feb 1st 2008, 4:48 am
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, The Dean, for your most helpful advice.

Are there any girls around who can answer my more specific questions?
Old Feb 1st 2008, 5:35 am
Banned

Are there any girls around who can answer my more specific questions?
...or, indeed, any metrosexual men???
Old Feb 1st 2008, 5:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

...or, indeed, any metrosexual men???
I don't think SYB is around at the moment
Old Feb 1st 2008, 5:46 am