Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

shopping in ikea from bahrain

shopping in ikea from bahrain

Old Jan 8th 2012, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

crazyirish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default shopping in ikea from bahrain

can anyone tell me it they have shopped in ikea from bahrain,are there any problems bringing the furniture back into bahrain,is it possible to hire a large van in bahrain for the trip or do they deliver,any info would be great ,thanks.
Old Jan 8th 2012, 4:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: shopping in ikea from bahrain

Shipping from Bahrain into Which country ???.
Old Jan 8th 2012, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

Not shipping anywhere, sorry, probably didn't make it clear, we are moving to Bahrain in seven weeks and believe there is an IKEA in Dammam across the Causeway and were wanting to know if there are any import issues or how easy it is to do it???? trying to work out whether to ship a container with our own stuff or if it is as easy to use the shipping monies to buy new in IKEA or on classifieds which would see us through.

thanks
Old Jan 9th 2012, 2:33 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh ok i live not far from IKEA here in Khobar /Damamm.
Just have a quick look at this site it maybe cheaper and better for you to buy in local.
http://www.expatriates.com/classifieds/bhr/
Old Jan 9th 2012, 4:44 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.blogadilla.com/2008/05/11...ame-generator/
Old Jan 9th 2012, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

scottrace is an unknown quantity at this point

Ikea dont deliver to Bahrain.

Unless you already have a visa for Saudi you wont get across the causeway to bring it back.

There are a couple of people in Bahrain who will do "IKea runs" for you but not sure of the cost and I dont think they will do big furniture.

Not a brilliant option I am afraid.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all

Originally Posted by scottrace
Ikea dont deliver to Bahrain.

Unless you already have a visa for Saudi you wont get across the causeway to bring it back.

There are a couple of people in Bahrain who will do "IKea runs" for you but not sure of the cost and I dont think they will do big furniture.

Not a brilliant option I am afraid.
I know of a few who have made the trip from Qatar. You need to own the car, and you need a KSA visa, and you need to be happy to spend a few hours at the border. I agree not a brilliant option. Better to buy from Home Centre
Old Jan 9th 2012, 11:55 am
Just Joined

Is it straight forward to get a visitor visa, will that allow us to buy what is needed and bring it home. (you would think i have shares in ikea!!!!)
Just trying to keep all our options open
Old Jan 9th 2012, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

scottrace is an unknown quantity at this point

Um as I understand it, and am sure someone will correct me quickly if I am wrong, its almost impossible to get a visitor visa to Saudi.

Was talking to someone today whose OH works there and they are thinking of relocating and its taken months just to get a visa to go and look at schools and compounds (and thats with his companies help).
Old Jan 9th 2012, 12:29 pm
Some say, he adores KSA

iamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by crazyirish
Is it straight forward to get a visitor visa, will that allow us to buy what is needed and bring it home. (you would think i have shares in ikea!!!!)
Just trying to keep all our options open
Only hajj, business, work and residency visas available on the London embassy website, which is where you would probably have to obtain it from.

They don't like visitors over here...
Old Jan 9th 2012, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

What type of things are you looking at buying in IKEA ?? small items or biggg sofa sets bedroom stuff etc.
if its small stuff i could load it up into my pimp mobile ha ha and bring it over , but large items sorry no.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all

http://www.expatwoman.com/forum/mess...?TopicID=65817
Old Jan 9th 2012, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

http://www.dohamums.com/blog/a-trip-...a-dhahran.html