Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Shipping from UK to Riyadh

Shipping from UK to Riyadh

Old May 12th 2010, 11:56 am
Just Joined

msk2009 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping from UK to Riyadh

I am looking to shift about 200-300 kg of stuff which includes clothes and books and some used electronic stuff like Pc's,TV.

Any information of a tested shipper along with some expected costs would be appreciated.

I am looking to ship it from London to Riyadh.

thanks in advance.

cheers,
MSK
Old May 14th 2010, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

Alfi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shipping from UK to Riyadh

Hi, we shipped about 100kg+ by air from the Uk when we moved over here. Obviously air is not the cheapest but it was very quick and reliable. Used the Excess Baggage Company who collected it from out home in London and then hung onto it in their storage place at Heathrow for about 10 days so that it was shipped the same day that we flew. I received a fax at work from Riyadh airport cargo the day after we got there saying it was ready for collection. I went up to cargo with a driver and got all of our boxes within about an hour and a half. As usual, it was a fairly over the top process of gaining stamps but wasn't that much hassle. I think we paid about GBP3 or 4 per KG.
Old May 14th 2010, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

msk2009 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alfi
Hi, we shipped about 100kg+ by air from the Uk when we moved over here. Obviously air is not the cheapest but it was very quick and reliable. Used the Excess Baggage Company who collected it from out home in London and then hung onto it in their storage place at Heathrow for about 10 days so that it was shipped the same day that we flew. I received a fax at work from Riyadh airport cargo the day after we got there saying it was ready for collection. I went up to cargo with a driver and got all of our boxes within about an hour and a half. As usual, it was a fairly over the top process of gaining stamps but wasn't that much hassle. I think we paid about GBP3 or 4 per KG.
Thanks Alfi, That helps as it is turning out I may not have more than 150 kg.
Do they have a slab rate like every 100 kg or is it per kg
Old May 15th 2010, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Alfi is an unknown quantity at this point

Per kg but the rate seems to decrease as the weight increases.