Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Shipping from Scotland to Qatar

Shipping from Scotland to Qatar

Old Jul 5th 2018, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping from Scotland to Qatar

Originally Posted by mission
errr have you actually been to Doha???
On the same lines . . .

When I responded, I just assumed that OP had a job offer and contract with a company in Qatar.

OP - can you confirm that you have been offered employment in Doha?

You can't just up and move there on your own, like you're going to France or Spain. Qatar does not have any system of permanent residence/migration for foreigners. One has been proposed, but if implemented, will have incredibly strict criteria that few foreigners will meet. That's if it ever gets off the ground, which it won't.

The follow-up to this is - call your intending company's HR and see what removalists they recommend.
Old Jul 12th 2018, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

DohaDad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shipping from Scotland to Qatar

I used Movecorp from Birmingham with no problems. They just use a local company to pack at your end, ship it and then another local company to deliver and unpack. I had a full container and the company paid for it. Your company should offer some sort of relocation assistance. If you haven't got a job here, ignore all of the above as you won't get in.