Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Ship a car to Spain.

Ship a car to Spain.

Old Apr 18th 2009, 4:09 pm
Banned

eylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to all
Default Ship a car to Spain.

Anyone any experience of shipping cars from ME to Spain just for the summer?

I know it can be done as have seen many Dubai and Saudi plated cars around Marbella.

Fed up driving crap hire cars, just come back after Easter hols using a new BMW 1 series, tiny and boring, "but it's a BMW" said the rental man!
Old Apr 18th 2009, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ship a car to Spain.

Originally Posted by eylesda View Post
Anyone any experience of shipping cars from ME to Spain just for the summer?

I know it can be done as have seen many Dubai and Saudi plated cars around Marbella.

Fed up driving crap hire cars, just come back after Easter hols using a new BMW 1 series, tiny and boring, "but it's a BMW" said the rental man!
bearing in mind its likely to cost around €3,000 for a round trip, why dont you just hire a nice car?
Old Apr 19th 2009, 8:11 am
Banned

eylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to all

Thanks Admon, that's the kind of info I am looking for.

Car rental firms all offer Mercs and Beemers but are all the lowest specced possible, hence my crappy 1 series BMW!

The family spend most of the summer break in Spain so I thought it might have been worth it to ship a car out there ahead of time.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eylesda View Post
Thanks Admon, that's the kind of info I am looking for.

Car rental firms all offer Mercs and Beemers but are all the lowest specced possible, hence my crappy 1 series BMW!

The family spend most of the summer break in Spain so I thought it might have been worth it to ship a car out there ahead of time.
what about getting someone to take a car from UK (ok its rhd), or even buy an older spanish model to keep at your apartment/villa, if you are over there regularly - spending €2000 a year on hire could warrant buying instead.

Last edited by admon; Apr 19th 2009 at 8:17 am.