British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Shin Kong Wedbush (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/shin-kong-wedbush-639757/)

eylesda Nov 9th 2009 6:42 am

Shin Kong Wedbush

Anyone any info on these guys? They've called persistantly offering to make lots of money for me through trading.

I STRONGLY suspect they are the same gang who were on the prowl last year,
the ones where they ask you to invest $10,000 right now or you'll miss the chance then get all shirty.

Shin Kong Wedbush
6F, No. 6, Sec. 4, Xinyi Rd.,
Daan District, Taipei City
Taiwan

admon Nov 9th 2009 6:59 am

Re: Shin Kong Wedbush

Originally Posted by eylesda (Post 8083273)
Anyone any info on these guys? They've called persistantly offering to make lots of money for me through trading.

the ones where they ask you to invest $10,000 right now or you'll miss the chance then get all shirty.

Shin Kong Wedbush
Taiwan

Did you hit your head when you were a baby?

klaus3974 Nov 9th 2009 7:13 am

Shin Kong Wedbush
Taiwan

I have a better deal. Send $10,000 in cash to my P.O. Box 666, Lagos, Nigeria.

God bless you.

eylesda Nov 9th 2009 7:16 am

:rofl:

I get you point, I have no intention of getting involved with them but wondered if any of you financial geniuses had encountered them.

There are some very gullable folk around here.

rowley Jan 13th 2010 7:43 am

Shin Kong Wedbush
Taiwan

Yeah totally agree. They've been calling me as well. The types of investment they suggest are things like RIM (Blackberry) or Human Genome Science (cure for Lupas) Anything they think you can immediately identify with. Anyway, real brokers would never suggest a single stock out of the blue. Totally bogus. Steer well clear.

dkiernan52 Nov 24th 2010 7:00 am

I have experinece with Shin Kong Wedbush
They are SCAMMERS.
I sent a "trial" investment of $5000 but when I tried to get them to sell the stock I supposedly owned and reimburse me, all communication ceased.
I contacted Taipei police with no result
I contacted their bank in Taipei and gave them the account # to which I transferred the payment, advised them that this company was a criminal operation and asked about getting my money back. The bank responded that only the account holder could authorsize transfer of funds from their account. End of story. Money gone.
DO NOT GET INVOLVED !

shiva Nov 24th 2010 8:00 am

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscart...s/aban225l.jpg

Bigtaff Nov 24th 2010 8:50 am

I'm on their mailing list but that's it (and that was an email address I never use, just to get them off phone)

I will never deal with anyone in the financial world on "sure bets". Buy and sell currency is about as risky as I will go :)

Norm_uk Nov 24th 2010 10:05 am

Never heard of them and they sound incredibly dodgy.

Why on earth would anyone give money to someone they don't know to invest in something they don't understand that is as regulated as clouds?

N.

Bahtatboy Nov 24th 2010 11:53 am

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 9001009)
Never heard of them and they sound incredibly dodgy.

Why on earth would anyone give money to someone they don't know to invest in something they don't understand that is as regulated as clouds?

N.

Sounds rather similar to how many people buy stocks n shares in UK.

Norm_uk Nov 25th 2010 8:56 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 9001234)
Sounds rather similar to how many people buy stocks n shares in UK.

How so? The UK has well regulated stock exchanges, brokerages and advisors these days...are you talking about unlisted shares and boiler room jobs which form a tiny minority when compared to the billions of pounds of buying and selling of listed and regulated stocks and shares everyday in the UK? If so that's like comparing a dodgy used car dealer with the official Rolls Royce dealership.

N.

Bahtatboy Nov 25th 2010 9:02 am

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 9003119)
How so? The UK has well regulated stock exchanges, brokerages and advisors these days...are you talking about unlisted shares and boiler room jobs which form a tiny minority when compared to the billions of pounds of buying and selling of listed and regulated stocks and shares everyday in the UK? If so that's like comparing a dodgy used car dealer with the official Rolls Royce dealership.

N.

No, wasn't talking about the regulation bit, rather the "give money to someone they don't know to invest in something they don't understand" bit. Especially people who invest directly in shares of one company--they usually have no idea about who controls the company, what the competition is, what forces affect that particular market and so on. Or giving money to an FSA they haven't checked thoroughly. I'm sure there are a lot of wise investors out there, but I bet they're outnumbered...

Brains1983 Nov 25th 2010 9:29 pm

Shin Kong Wedbush
Taiwan

gotta wonder why anyone would part with their money after receiving a random phonecall. I got a call from some randoms in Hong Kong a few months back, thought it would be funny to string them along and tell them how interested I was, now I get a call a week from these boiler room bastards.

NaimTakieddin Nov 28th 2010 8:01 am

Shin Kong Wedbush
Taiwan

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

hmmmm, you re very cute, do not blame your self my friend :D

NaimTakieddin Nov 28th 2010 8:04 am

Originally Posted by Brains1983 (Post 9004304)
gotta wonder why anyone would part with their money after receiving a random phonecall. I got a call from some randoms in Hong Kong a few months back, thought it would be funny to string them along and tell them how interested I was, now I get a call a week from these boiler room bastards.

did anyone of them tell you he knows your uncle who lived in Ohio 20 years back !! that your uncle trusted him very much at the time he got ripped...lol