British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Sheik Mohammed's new website (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/sheik-mohammeds-new-website-604230/)

Blue Cat Apr 19th 2009 4:05 am

Sheik Mohammed's new website

www.pmuae.ae

heard about this on the radio this morning, this quote is somewhat interesting

" We want our government's practices to be a benchmark that other countries adopt and emulate"

lionheart Apr 19th 2009 4:27 am

Re: Sheik Mohammed's new website

Tried checking it out. Was really hoping the website would be blocked as being inappropriate for the morals of the UAE but instead all I got was "sorry, the link is broken."

Blue Cat Apr 19th 2009 4:31 am

http://www.uaepm.ae/en/media/stateme...tes/index.html

try this ;)

seraphnina Apr 19th 2009 4:47 am

Is this resulting from the little visit last week?:wub:

Blue Cat Apr 19th 2009 4:49 am

Originally Posted by seraphnina (Post 7492432)
Is this resulting from the little visit last week?:wub:

:confused:

seraphnina Apr 19th 2009 5:10 am

I was just thinking after Sheikh Khalifa's visit, Sheikh Mohammad decided to do a little PR work. He was in the papers yesterday :).

andrewpops Apr 19th 2009 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by seraphnina (Post 7492454)
I was just thinking after Sheikh Khalifa's visit, Sheikh Mohammad decided to do a little PR work. He was in the papers yesterday :).

If I was a betting man (which is obviously haram), I bet that a deal has been struck on a federal bail out for Dubai. Hence the grand tour by the President of the sights of Dubai and a return to PR form by Sheik Mo.

rowell Apr 19th 2009 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by andrewpops (Post 7493240)
If I was a betting man (which is obviously haram), I bet that a deal has been struck on a federal bail out for Dubai. Hence the grand tour by the President of the sights of Dubai and a return to PR form by Sheik Mo.

odds on I would say, but certainly if its the case must be of benefit to Dubai under the present circumstances

Rosebud Apr 19th 2009 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by rowell (Post 7493266)
odds on I would say, but certainly if its the case must be of benefit to Dubai under the present circumstances

Yes it would be of benefit to Dubai, but at what cost do you think? The big boy from AD will have a lot more to say now, with behind the closed doors deals, in the running of UAE & Dubai, and Sheikh Mo has no choice but to sit back and watch his dreams being taken away from him!!!

Squirty Cream Apr 19th 2009 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by Rosebud (Post 7493382)
Yes it would be of benefit to Dubai, but at what cost do you think? The big boy from AD will have a lot more to say now, with behind the closed doors deals, in the running of UAE & Dubai, and Sheikh Mo has no choice but to sit back and watch his dreams being taken away from him!!!

Well the Bani Fatma team were accompanying their brother to the meeting and that is particularly significant and probably a very satisfactory consolidation of power in their favour.

Grace O Malley Apr 20th 2009 11:46 am

Originally Posted by Squirty Cream (Post 7494017)
Well the Bani Fatma team were accompanying their brother to the meeting and that is particularly significant and probably a very satisfactory consolidation of power in their favour.

um, what do they call them, the famous five or summat?