Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Shame on Emirates...

Shame on Emirates...

Old May 16th 2005, 12:21 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Shame on Emirates...

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Not just passengers.....there normally stuck up their own arse when they go out in Dubai also
I really wonder why that is though?? Surely when they are being screened for the position, the person hiring them picks up on this?!

Absolute idiots.... and the annoying thing is, u cant be too rude to them on the plane as they would accuse u of getting aggressive and u might wind up behind bars!

They dont have to grin like baboons all the time, but there is no need to be rude either.
Old May 16th 2005, 12:22 pm
W10

The problems:

1, Emirates passengers seem to be more demanding than others (for that read - arrogant European and local wankers). I'd reckon being an air hostess is a pretty shitty job if it wasn't for the lifestyle.

2, Emirates expansion programme is way way too quick, and thus they can't quality control and train the staff as well as when they were a small airline

3, My main complain is about how cramped the seating is in economy.

4, Most of them have slept with JD. Wouldn't you be depressed if you had that thought on your mind as you flew.

I know a big girl who has bought a Pug 206cc.

Old May 16th 2005, 12:25 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
The problems:

4, Most of them have slept with JD. Wouldn't you be depressed if you had that thought on your mind as you flew.
They are depressed becos they dont want to leave
Old May 16th 2005, 12:25 pm
W10

Originally Posted by Face81

Absolute idiots.... and the annoying thing is, u cant be too rude to them on the plane as they would accuse u of getting aggressive and u might wind up behind bars!
Air hostesses are seen as fair game for middle aged businessmen Face. They think nothing of leering, propositioning and groping. I've witnessed it first hand as well and it's pretty appalling.

As for the passengers Face, you've been here your whole life. Surely you realise that 50% of the British expat population is your stereotypical wideboy who develops a massive superiority complex when he comes here.

Old May 16th 2005, 12:26 pm
W10

They are depressed becos they dont want to leave, because I haven't paid them yet
Shocking...

Old May 16th 2005, 12:27 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
Air hostesses are seen as fair game for middle aged businessmen Face. They think nothing of leering, propositioning and groping. I've witnessed it first hand as well and it's pretty appalling.

As for the passengers Face, you've been here your whole life. Surely you realise that 50% of the British expat population is your stereotypical wideboy who develops a massive superiority complex when he comes here.
For once W10, I completely agree on everything you have posted.
Old May 16th 2005, 12:28 pm
W10

For once W10, I completely agree on everything you have posted.
A nobody middle manager in the UK. Buys his BMW and villa, appears in City Times and both he and his permatanned Essex wife think they are celebrities.

You agree with everything I post!!

Old May 16th 2005, 12:30 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by W10
Well the cabin crew do the same thing..... so perhaps its a match made in heaven..... or not! The poor international travellers then have to suffer the wrath of silly Emirates cabin crew and their snotty behaviour.

GN should do a feature on this and some of those comments made on that website. Atleast that way it might come to Maurice's attention.
Old May 16th 2005, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice

Originally Posted by Face81
I decided to continue with Trin's air travel theme......

Recently, the 2005 World Airport Awards were announced and Dubai ranked 6th in the World. The survey, conducted by Skytrax, used votes cast by around 5.5 million people around the World. Here are the results:

The Airport of the Year study is the world's largest, independent Passenger survey of airport standards. Skytrax do not charge airports to be included in the survey, and the results are not based on a limited or finite choice of airports. Survey interviews covered more than 150 airports, and predominantly represent passengers international travel experiences.

The Top 10 Airports in the world for 2005 :
http://www.airlinequality.com/2005/airport-05-ent.htm

1 Hong Kong Int'l Airport Gold Award

2 Singapore Changi Airport Silver Award

3 Seoul Incheon Airport Bronze Award

4 Munich Airport

5 Kansai International Airport (Osaka)

6 Dubai International Airport

7 KLIA - Kuala Lumpur Airport

8 Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

9 Copenhagen Airport

10 Sydney Airport

Now then....... i decided to skim through the website and found a shocking discovery..... This really is something for all of you folks involved with Emirates and also for those of u involved with media in Dubai....

I found a section on customer reviews for Emirates and they are terrible! I am ashamed of Emirates for having sunk so low in the eyes of international travellers. Read through some of these yourself and you will find the most common complaint is the attitude of cabin crew on all Emirates flights. They are really letting the airline down:
http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/emrts.htm

Some of these really deserve to be in the papers so that people like Maurice Flannigan get to read what people really think of Emirates.
Yes they were a bit shite on our recent trip to Australia. Mind you my wife managed to leave feedback in the form of vomit at the end of the flight. Serves em right!
Old May 16th 2005, 12:32 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by W10
A nobody middle manager in the UK. Buys his BMW and villa, appears in City Times and both he and his permatanned Essex wife think they are celebrities.

precisely mate! thats exactly what happens........ and why is it that no1 else can see this???
Old May 16th 2005, 12:32 pm
Up in the air

One thing which many people turn a blind eye to is that a percentage of the crew are happy to be propositioned.

If you look at the coffee shops underneath Century Tower, UP Tower etc etc. Every night it is full of Arabic and Lebanese business men etc.
It is common knowledge amonst Crew and flight deck that some girls solicit themselves (and get paid a great deal) to subsidise their wages.

Most of this is done directly below the towers where they all live.
Old May 16th 2005, 12:33 pm
W10

Face - Emirates flights are full all the time. The management don't care, they're too busy with their plans to double in size.

So if you think the service is bad now, give it five years. Also the CEO has a rep for dumbing down airlines.

I don't think I've ever encountered an Emirates flight attendant with an attitude problem (Granted only had 8 flights with them). I smile, talk to them as human beings, wander up to the back and chit chat. I always get good service.

And the best thing about Emirates - the food is miles better than most other airlines.

Old May 16th 2005, 12:34 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Majj
Yes they were a bit shite on our recent trip to Australia. Mind you my wife managed to leave feedback in the form of vomit at the end of the flight. Serves em right!
i hope it was the projectile form....... and i especially hope it was on one of them.

disclaimer: I did not mean any disrespect toward your wife, but the Emirates crew really do deserve it. Good on ya Mrs. Majj.
Old May 16th 2005, 12:34 pm
W10

One thing which many people turn a blind eye to is that a percentage of the crew are happy to be propositioned.

If you look at the coffee shops underneath Century Tower, UP Tower etc etc. Every night it is full of Arabic and Lebanese business men etc.
It is common knowledge amonst Crew and flight deck that some girls solicit themselves (and get paid a great deal) to subsidise their wages.

Most of this is done directly below the towers where they all live.
I've heard some great - and some appalling stories from a friend of mine who is senior crew. (No you haven't had her)

Old May 16th 2005, 12:35 pm
Up in the air

Originally Posted by W10
I've heard some great - and some appalling stories from a friend of mine who is senior crew. (No you haven't had her)
I know...she's married..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.