Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Shame on Emirates...

Shame on Emirates...

Old May 16th 2005, 11:16 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Exclamation Shame on Emirates...

I decided to continue with Trin's air travel theme......

Recently, the 2005 World Airport Awards were announced and Dubai ranked 6th in the World. The survey, conducted by Skytrax, used votes cast by around 5.5 million people around the World. Here are the results:

The Airport of the Year study is the world's largest, independent Passenger survey of airport standards. Skytrax do not charge airports to be included in the survey, and the results are not based on a limited or finite choice of airports. Survey interviews covered more than 150 airports, and predominantly represent passengers international travel experiences.

The Top 10 Airports in the world for 2005 :
http://www.airlinequality.com/2005/airport-05-ent.htm

1 Hong Kong Int'l Airport Gold Award

2 Singapore Changi Airport Silver Award

3 Seoul Incheon Airport Bronze Award

4 Munich Airport

5 Kansai International Airport (Osaka)

6 Dubai International Airport

7 KLIA - Kuala Lumpur Airport

8 Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

9 Copenhagen Airport

10 Sydney Airport

Now then....... i decided to skim through the website and found a shocking discovery..... This really is something for all of you folks involved with Emirates and also for those of u involved with media in Dubai....

I found a section on customer reviews for Emirates and they are terrible! I am ashamed of Emirates for having sunk so low in the eyes of international travellers. Read through some of these yourself and you will find the most common complaint is the attitude of cabin crew on all Emirates flights. They are really letting the airline down:
http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/emrts.htm

Some of these really deserve to be in the papers so that people like Maurice Flannigan get to read what people really think of Emirates.

Last edited by Face81; May 16th 2005 at 11:33 am.
Old May 16th 2005, 11:21 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shame on Emirates...

Originally Posted by Face81
The most common complaint is the attitude of air hostesesses on all Emirates flights. They are really letting the airline down.
I agree, but consider a very high percentage of them are on anti-depressants (Fact)
and they spend most of their ground time out on the piss..Im not suprised that they offer crap service.
Old May 16th 2005, 11:34 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
I agree, but consider a very high percentage of them are on anti-depressants (Fact)
and they spend most of their ground time out on the piss..Im not suprised that they offer crap service.
so why continue to hire them if they are doing such a terrible job????

Surely the management is aware of the complaints against the cabin crew? they are developing a very bad reputation for the airline.
Old May 16th 2005, 11:40 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

so why continue to hire them if they are doing such a terrible job????

Surely the management is aware of the complaints against the cabin crew? they are developing a very bad reputation for the airline.
Because my friend...Alot of them go out and buy their lovely Peugeot 206CC, and get loans from Emirates.

As Emirates are the sponsor, they are liable. I know three girls that are trying to get sacked, but they wont get let go because they owe money here.
its easier to just put them on the Delhi,Karachi,etc etc flights..which serves to piss them off even more.
Old May 16th 2005, 11:43 am
The Oracle

Because my friend...Alot of them go out and buy their lovely Peugeot 206CC, and get loans from Emirates.

As Emirates are the sponsor, they are liable. I know three girls that are trying to get sacked, but they wont get let go because they owe money here.
its easier to just put them on the Delhi,Karachi,etc etc flights..which serves to piss them off even more.
hmmmmm....... still no excuse though..... Emirates could easily just take over all of their assets and leave them skint.....

useless good for nothing cabin crew who think they are all high and mighty. Very sad indeed! The World is now moaning about how terribly they behave on board Emirates flights...... even first class passengers have been complaining about service with an attitude.

I say sack em' all!
Old May 16th 2005, 11:56 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

To give emirates some credit, people usually only look for an outlet to complain if service is bad, to blow off steam. If service is good, people rarely will take the time to go and tell the world how good it is, hence normally slanted views on internet forums.

Now this forum, some of the people here are just downright psycho.
Old May 16th 2005, 11:57 am
Up in the air

hmmmmm....... still no excuse though..... Emirates could easily just take over all of their assets and leave them skint.....

useless good for nothing cabin crew who think they are all high and mighty. Very sad indeed! The World is now moaning about how terribly they behave on board Emirates flights...... even first class passengers have been complaining about service with an attitude.

I say sack em' all!
I would tend to agree..but only becos the ex was a hosty up in first class.

I do not know why they hold themselves in such high esteem, they do exactly the same job as the waitress in the cafe down the road from me.
Old May 16th 2005, 12:01 pm
Up in the air

Originally Posted by TA5
To give emirates some credit, people usually only look for an outlet to complain if service is bad, to blow off steam. If service is good, people rarely will take the time to go and tell the world how good it is, hence normally slanted views on internet forums.

Granted, however i have personally witnessed crew out on the piss 30 mins before they are due at pre-flight briefing.

Also if emirates wished to half their staff, is all they would need to do is introduce random drug tests.

On the flip side, I have also witnessed some dispicable behaviour from passengers toward crew.
Old May 16th 2005, 12:02 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

I would tend to agree..but only becos the ex was a hosty up in first class.

I do not know why they hold themselves in such high esteem, they do exactly the same job as the waitress in the cafe down the road from me.
I know some cabin crew in Doha, and I think they act like they are a supermodel
Old May 16th 2005, 12:04 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

I decided to continue with Trin's air travel theme......

Recently, the 2005 World Airport Awards were announced and Dubai ranked 6th in the World. The survey, conducted by Skytrax, used votes cast by around 5.5 million people around the World. Here are the results:

The Airport of the Year study is the world's largest, independent Passenger survey of airport standards. Skytrax do not charge airports to be included in the survey, and the results are not based on a limited or finite choice of airports. Survey interviews covered more than 150 airports, and predominantly represent passengers international travel experiences.

The Top 10 Airports in the world for 2005 :
http://www.airlinequality.com/2005/airport-05-ent.htm

1 Hong Kong Int'l Airport Gold Award

2 Singapore Changi Airport Silver Award

3 Seoul Incheon Airport Bronze Award

4 Munich Airport

5 Kansai International Airport (Osaka)

6 Dubai International Airport

7 KLIA - Kuala Lumpur Airport

8 Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

9 Copenhagen Airport

10 Sydney Airport

Now then....... i decided to skim through the website and found a shocking discovery..... This really is something for all of you folks involved with Emirates and also for those of u involved with media in Dubai....

I found a section on customer reviews for Emirates and they are terrible! I am ashamed of Emirates for having sunk so low in the eyes of international travellers. Read through some of these yourself and you will find the most common complaint is the attitude of cabin crew on all Emirates flights. They are really letting the airline down:
http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/emrts.htm

Some of these really deserve to be in the papers so that people like Maurice Flannigan get to read what people really think of Emirates.
Emirates not our favourite airline, but when we fly with them so far we have no complain. Still think Emirates better than british airways in service.

And our fav. airline is SQ. Nothing can beat them
Old May 16th 2005, 12:09 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by TA5
Well I guess I would have to agree, but the people that are complaining seem to know what they are talking about..... I mean if u look around that site and look into the comments made about some of the other airlines, like Singapore Airlines, u will find it almost impossible to find a bad comment about them. But, yeah, I do agree with u partially on what u r saying.

Originally Posted by TA5
well atleast u only think "some" of the forumers on here are psychotic. heh heh

PS..... I sent u a PM yesterday or the day before that..... dunno if u got it.
Old May 16th 2005, 12:10 pm
The Oracle

they do exactly the same job as the waitress in the cafe down the road from me.
BINGO! They get to Dubai and they turn into celebrities, or so they would like to think. They really need to get a few lessons on how NOT to let their egos get the better of them.
Old May 16th 2005, 12:12 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by novita77
And our fav. airline is SQ. Nothing can beat them
Well u r not wrong there, Nov........ 5.5 million people voted Signgapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific and Qatar Airways as the 5-star airlines in 2005...... Emirates ranked along side Royal Brunei, Malasia Airlines and Air China, among others, as a 4 star airline.
Old May 16th 2005, 12:12 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by novita77
I know some cabin crew in Doha, and I think they act like they are a supermodel
thats the problem Nov..... they arent! This where it all starts to go wrong and this is where they develop a nasty attitude towards passengers.
Old May 16th 2005, 12:15 pm
Up in the air

thats the problem Nov..... they arent! This where it all starts to go wrong and this is where they develop a nasty attitude towards passengers.
Not just passengers.....there normally stuck up their own arse when they go out in Dubai also

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.