Shakira

Old Mar 23rd 2007, 10:54 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shakira

Just got back from the Shakira gig,

now normally its not really my cup of tea, but my friend is the marketing manager for playstation so i got offered free tickets.
(still pushing him for a free playstation 3)

Credit where its due, she is one hell of a singer and it has to rank as one of the best live performances i have heard for a long time!!

the whole thing was well organised, plenty of F+B outlets and the atmosphere was great.

anyone else go ???
Old Mar 24th 2007, 4:53 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shakira

I was there.....

Liked it too, she's a rock chick..lol. Very good singer indeed!
Very well organised, no waiting anywhere.
Old Mar 24th 2007, 5:49 am
W10

My friend said she only played for 70 minutes. Pretty short gig.

He said the actual show was good though.

Last edited by W10; Mar 24th 2007 at 5:52 am.

Old Mar 24th 2007, 5:55 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
My friend said she only played for 70 minutes. Pretty short gig.
*Seriously* short if that's true, you'd normally expect a good 2 hours-plus. We heard them on the radio saying that the start time was pushed back by about 20-30 minutes because of the delays getting in from the Emirates Road... maybe they wanted to end later too, but weren't allowed by the authorities?
Old Mar 24th 2007, 5:55 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
I was there.....

Liked it too, she's a rock chick..lol. Very good singer indeed!
Very well organised, no waiting anywhere.
Apart from the taxis home. We came back from a night out at midnight, and even by Dubai standards the chaos was ridiculous. People had parked on central reservations, they were walking up Emirates Road, down Al Quoz road, and across the roundabout that is a construction site.
Old Mar 24th 2007, 6:17 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Apart from the taxis home. We came back from a night out at midnight, and even by Dubai standards the chaos was ridiculous. People had parked on central reservations, they were walking up Emirates Road, down Al Quoz road, and across the roundabout that is a construction site.
there is always something that lets every event down, it's a shame, let's hope no one got ran over!
Old Mar 24th 2007, 6:25 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, the parking will always be a problem. It was the same with the Phil Collins concert.
We use a limo company, roughly same rates as taxi, they took us there and picked us up at midnight at the AR roundabout, home in Mirdif by 00.30. And he had put a Shakira DVD on for us...lol

The concert started around 09.45 and ended just past 11.00...I did think it was very short as well. Two hours used to be normal but lately a lot of the big concerts seem to be a big short....
Old Mar 24th 2007, 6:28 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
Yes, the parking will always be a problem. It was the same with the Phil Collins concert.
We use a limo company, roughly same rates as taxi, they took us there and picked us up at midnight at the AR roundabout, home in Mirdif by 00.30. And he had put a Shakira DVD on for us...lol

The concert started around 09.45 and ended just past 11.00...I did think it was very short as well. Two hours used to be normal but lately a lot of the big concerts seem to be a big short....
Will see if they learn anything from it when Aerosmith arrive.

Although how anyone could go to an open air concert in Dubai at the the end of May is beyond me.
Old Mar 24th 2007, 6:33 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Will see if they learn anything from it when Aerosmith arrive.

Although how anyone could go to an open air concert in Dubai at the the end of May is beyond me.
but the way the weather is out here at the minute it may well be raining!!! another day out today cancelled due to the bleak outlook!!! MH PM me the info on the limo company.
Old Mar 24th 2007, 6:48 am
W10

A bit short and probably twice as expensive as anywhere else on the tour.

Apparently her set list elsewhere has 17 songs, how does that stack up with last night?

The parking thing will always be a problem when you have no alternative to the car.

The only major event which is remotely well organised in the taxi/parking front is the Dubai World Cup. Organisers of all other events couldn't give a toss to be honest.

Old Mar 24th 2007, 10:14 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
Apparently her set list elsewhere has 17 songs, how does that stack up with last night?
Assuming four minutes per song, that pretty much works out. So I guess it was always going to be short...
Old Mar 24th 2007, 12:29 pm
W10

That would also assume she just launches into song after song and has no banter with the crowd, and doesn't go off and wait for the cheering for an encore.

My friend was a bit peed off to pay Dh500 or something to see a concert which ended up being so short (especially as it took him 90 minutes to get there, 50 minutes to get into the venue and then two and a half hours to get home). I guess these modern day pop stars can't handle it eh!

I'm sure Aerosmith will put on a 150 minute extravaganza.

Old Mar 24th 2007, 12:30 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by W10
That would also assume she just launches into song after song and has no banter with the crowd, and doesn't go off and wait for the cheering for an encore.

My friend was a bit peed off to pay Dh500 or something to see a concert which ended up being so short (especially as it took him 90 minutes to get there, 50 minutes to get into the venue and then two and a half hours to get home). I guess these modern day pop stars can't handle it eh!

I'm sure Aerosmith will put on a 150 minute extravaganza.
when's aerosmith coming?
Old Mar 24th 2007, 12:31 pm
W10

Next month I think

But I have to say, hearing the stories of people who went last night...I am not sure I would want to go.

I miss going to concerts by tube!

Old Mar 24th 2007, 12:33 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by W10
Next month I think

But I have to say, hearing the stories of people who went last night...I am not sure I would want to go.

I miss going to concerts by tube!
i don't bother anymore can't be bothered with the traffic and the prices are a bit mental sometimes. You can buy a good dvd of them for 85 dhs!! kill joy eh! I didn't even bother to go see Robbie as I had nightmares about trying to get home.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.