Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Setting up / registering a Business

Setting up / registering a Business

Old Mar 27th 2008, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all
Default Setting up / registering a Business

Ive heard its very difficult & time consuming is this correct, i need a response about Dubai only, thanks
Old Mar 27th 2008, 1:34 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Setting up / registering a Business

All you need to know is explained in Dubai Explorer. Get yourself a copy for step by step instructions.

Most info also on government websites & you can google for that.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Meow
All you need to know is explained in Dubai Explorer. Get yourself a copy for step by step instructions.

Most info also on government websites & you can google for that.
Thanks
Old Mar 27th 2008, 1:38 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

it would be my ideal of hell! what sort of business are you planning on opening? you have to get a trade license etc and an office, don't know much about it to be honest but there are some on here who have been down this route.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 1:39 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Licence costs vary dependent on the type of business and where it is registered.

There is a lot of red tape (get used to queueing in govt offices) but not that hard if you do it step by step.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Licence costs vary dependent on the type of business and where it is registered.

There is a lot of red tape (get used to queueing in govt offices) but not that hard if you do it step by step.
i CANT REALLY GO INTO IT YET LETS JUST SAY IT'S A FESTIVAL
Old Mar 27th 2008, 1:46 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pauldxb
i CANT REALLY GO INTO IT YET LETS JUST SAY IT'S A FESTIVAL
a festival!!! like entertainment! like disneyland?
Old Mar 27th 2008, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
a festival!!! like entertainment! like disneyland?
Entertainment yes disneyland no
Old Mar 27th 2008, 2:23 pm
Concierge

interesting!! like permanent entertainment?
Old Mar 27th 2008, 2:25 pm

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Curiouser and curiouser.......... I think this statement deserves a thread all of its own.......

What kind of 'entertainment' business is pauldxb planning on setting up?

Answers on a postcard to....................lol
Old Mar 27th 2008, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ScotsExpat
Curiouser and curiouser.......... I think this statement deserves a thread all of its own.......

What kind of 'entertainment' business is pauldxb planning on setting up?

Answers on a postcard to....................lol
I really cant divulge any info except if it all goes according to plan & i get backing from the tourist board the 1st one will be in 2009
Old Mar 27th 2008, 3:02 pm
Concierge

I really cant divulge any info except if it all goes according to plan & i get backing from the tourist board the 1st one will be in 2009
I am wondering if you need a trade license then? PM me if you trust me
Old Mar 27th 2008, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

I am wondering if you need a trade license then? PM me if you trust me
Em....Trust a geordie, pm me your dubai mobile & i will call you when i arrive next week
Old Mar 27th 2008, 5:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Ive heard its very difficult & time consuming is this correct, i need a response about Dubai only, thanks
It is time consuming but not so difficult...If you got all the docs correctly, and the company capital is already blocked in the bank,it is easy...
But, the first thing you do, get the location...The inspection committee will come over, qualify the place for your company activity, and then will issue the go ahead for the other things to get processed...
It's not the biiiiiiiig deal that many people think it is...It is just bureaucracy...
Old Mar 27th 2008, 5:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

it would be my ideal of hell! what sort of business are you planning on opening? you have to get a trade license etc and an office, don't know much about it to be honest but there are some on here who have been down this route.

Employ a company PRO and they will do the legwork and they know the ins and outs and the ways around problems...