British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Setting up an Office in Dubai - recruitment (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/setting-up-office-dubai-recruitment-553325/)

Saj786 Aug 5th 2008 9:21 am

Setting up an Office in Dubai - recruitment

Hi All,

I am currently in the UK and plan to setup in Dubai. I get involved in sourcing candidates for companies who are recruiting.

We are doing a lot of work within the IT space (Oracle, SQL, Java, CRM, SAP, Perl, Python etc) in Dubai at the moment and have some excellent links and networks from the UK, Europe and India

I have been looking at office space within Dubai Silicon Oasis - anyone have any experience of working from there? Is it really thar far out from the centre of Dubai - i know traffic is a nightmare, how long would it realistically take to get there from DIFC?

I will be in Dubai meeting HR managers from companies at DIC/DMC/KV and DIFC - where am I best staying so that I am fairly central?

...and if there happens to be any HR managers here that are looking for IT people, do get in touch

Any advice / feedback appreciated

Saj

admon Aug 5th 2008 10:07 am

Re: Setting up an Office in Dubai - recruitment

Silicon Oasis is away from the madness of Shk Zayed Rd (its on the slightly less mad bit of Emirates Rd), but is only 20 minutes from DIFC. DMC/DIC are around 30 minutes away.

If you are meeting people around DMC/DIC, then try the SAS Radisson at Media City.
If you need to stay close to DIFC, then most of the close hotels are on the other side of the 14 lane motorway, but within a relative short distance on the same side of the road are the Ibis, Novotel, or for deeper pockets Dusit, or Emirates Towers - Emirates Towers is literally walkable to DIFC (even in August!)

DIFC and DIC/DMC are around 20 minutes apart on Shk Zayed Rd.

All distances are by car!!

Good luck

Saj786 Aug 5th 2008 10:30 am

Originally Posted by admon (Post 6647031)
Silicon Oasis is away from the madness of Shk Zayed Rd (its on the slightly less mad bit of Emirates Rd), but is only 20 minutes from DIFC. DMC/DIC are around 30 minutes away.

If you are meeting people around DMC/DIC, then try the SAS Radisson at Media City.
If you need to stay close to DIFC, then most of the close hotels are on the other side of the 14 lane motorway, but within a relative short distance on the same side of the road are the Ibis, Novotel, or for deeper pockets Dusit, or Emirates Towers - Emirates Towers is literally walkable to DIFC (even in August!)

DIFC and DIC/DMC are around 20 minutes apart on Shk Zayed Rd.

All distances are by car!!

Good luck

Thanks Admon - thats useful, good to hear DSO is only half hour odd to DMC. I'll check out the hotels you mention online

LeicesterKid Aug 5th 2008 11:22 am

I am a IT & Business Change Project Manager, with a lot of experience in Blue Chip Financial institutions. Also some Gulf experience. If you are interested I can send you a CV of myself.

Thanks and wish you all the best in your new setup.

LK.