Reload this Page >

Serviced apartments and meeting expats

Serviced apartments and meeting expats

Old Aug 5th 2013, 6:07 pm
Just Joined

Gonzo2479 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Serviced apartments and meeting expats

Hi all,

I am new to this site and indeed new to Abu Dhabi. I flew out last Friday and started work with a local bank on Sunday. I wanted to ask two things:

1) does anyone have any recommendations for serviced apartments, preferably near the Corniche? My hotel is only paid for one month and ideally I would like to get into a place where I can prepare food and not eat out/ room service all the time.

2) I appreciate it is Ramadan at the moment, but does anyone have any good places to go to to meet some of you or other expats? Bars/clubs are clearly a good place (which ones are good?) but are there any other options?

Cheers,
Old Aug 6th 2013, 6:01 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Serviced apartments and meeting expats

1) Vision Hotel Apartments are near Abu Dhabi mall which is near the Corniche, but not on it.

2) Pick your favourite hobby, then find a group that does that and join it. TimeOut has listings for most everything. Most groups will be a bit quiet at the moment though as many are on holiday.
Old Aug 6th 2013, 7:35 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

I used to like that bar in Le Meridian at the north end of the corniche (kind of) sure there's many more now.
Old Aug 6th 2013, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

http://www.meetup.com/find/

Lots of events in Abu Dhabi...for instance
"AD Unattached
900 unattached fun-lovers
Next Meetup: Aug 9"
The mind boggles...
Old Aug 7th 2013, 5:59 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

On the topic of things to do also look on Facebook for groups who meet around things you're interested in. There's pretty much everything from drinking, football, rugby, tabletop roleplaying games, curry clubs, book clubs etc.

N.
Old Aug 7th 2013, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

Arcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
I used to like that bar in Le Meridian at the north end of the corniche (kind of) sure there's many more now.
Captains Arms?
Old Aug 13th 2013, 11:13 am
Just Joined

jeniferroselyn is an unknown quantity at this point

serviced apartments Dubai facilitates you a very high standard of modern furnishings with First-class home entertainment facilities like TV, DVD, CD and the very latest in-room technologies.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 12:05 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeniferroselyn
serviced apartments Dubai facilitates you a very high standard of modern furnishings with First-class home entertainment facilities like TV, DVD, CD and the very latest in-room technologies.
You're not yet eligible to receive private messages and you've disabled the ability to send emails. I will remind you of the site rules:
9. Advertising in Forum Posts
The forums, (including the private message, blog and email systems), are not a venue for advertisements in any way. Please do not post promotional/advertising messages, urls, nor specifics that would lead people to your site/blog/product/service/Facebook group etc. However, a line in your signature with a link to your site is allowed. (For signature guidelines please read Rule 20.) It will be the sole discretion of britishexpats.com and its moderators as to what constitutes an advertisement.

I have moved your offending post.
Old Aug 14th 2013, 11:46 am
Just Joined

jeniferroselyn is an unknown quantity at this point

but why Mr. mikewot... im just sharing stuff
Old Aug 14th 2013, 11:47 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeniferroselyn
but why Mr. mikewot... im just sharing stuff
And who do you work for? What does your website link to?
Old Aug 14th 2013, 1:55 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Heroes in Crowne Plaza and PJ's in Le Meridien are both good places to meet people and quite lively.
Old Aug 14th 2013, 2:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I love a bit of rule 9, Mike. Although rule 15 is my favorite.

Also, rule 1, so important, that it features in rule 2 as well.
Old Aug 15th 2013, 6:05 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I love a bit of rule 9, Mike. Although rule 15 is my favorite.

Also, rule 1, so important, that it features in rule 2 as well.
You're just a mad, crazy, impetous fool I think! All the rules give me a feeling of godlike power to deal with you mere mortals, so bring it on!
Old Aug 15th 2013, 7:15 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Arcadia
Captains Arms?
That's the one. Was there a few years back and me and my mate each did the row of test-tube shots. Walked out, no ill effects.