Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

On September 9, 2009, the Metro’s Red Line will finally glide into action,and Dubai..

On September 9, 2009, the Metro’s Red Line will finally glide into action,and Dubai..

Old May 27th 2009, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

NickLess is an unknown quantity at this point
Default On September 9, 2009, the Metro’s Red Line will finally glide into action,and Dubai..

On September 9, 2009, the Metro’s Red Line will finally glide into action, and Dubai will change forever...

http://www.timeoutdubai.com/aroundto...-metro-preview
Old May 27th 2009, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice
Default Re: On September 9, 2009, the Metro’s Red Line will finally glide into action,and Dub

Originally Posted by NickLess
On September 9, 2009, the Metro’s Red Line will finally glide into action, and Dubai will change forever...

http://www.timeoutdubai.com/aroundto...-metro-preview
who gives a toss........looks shite IMHO.

And who the f**k is going to walk to the station when its 40+ degrees, not flipping me, not when i can

1)take a air conditioned taxi
2)take my own car.
Old May 27th 2009, 1:21 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: On September 9, 2009, the Metro’s Red Line will finally glide into action,and Dub

Originally Posted by deemi786
who gives a toss........looks shite IMHO.

And who the f**k is going to walk to the station when its 40+ degrees, not flipping me, not when i can

1)take a air conditioned taxi
2)take my own car.
and you aren't allowed to take bikes on unless they fold in half!!
Old May 27th 2009, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
and you aren't allowed to take bikes on unless they fold in half!!
well the train is a piddly little shit ass thing isnt it.....looks drab as well, certainly not Dubai enough.
Old May 27th 2009, 1:38 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

well the train is a piddly little shit ass thing isnt it.....looks drab as well, certainly not Dubai enough.
yeah but their initial reason was because of the dirt bikes bring into the station which was quickly withdrawn and the space argument added!! next it will no prams etc
Old May 27th 2009, 1:57 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

There's a "Park and Ride" sign up near Ibn Battuta!
Old May 27th 2009, 2:32 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by typical
There's a "Park and Ride" sign up near Ibn Battuta!
legalised prostitution?
Old May 27th 2009, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
legalised prostitution?
yeah they had the same sign outside cyclone
Old May 27th 2009, 4:13 pm

diablo is an unknown quantity at this point

I like it. i'll certainly use it for going to the airport. once the price of taxis hit the level of taxi fares in London I am sure there will be a few more people to join the ride.
Old May 27th 2009, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by diablo
I like it. i'll certainly use it for going to the airport. once the price of taxis hit the level of taxi fares in London I am sure there will be a few more people to join the ride.
Park and ride.....are you for real?!!! I just dont see it working...i really dont, im a big fan of public transport i really am but not in this flipping heat....

Plus i wouldnt trust the build quality....
Old May 27th 2009, 4:51 pm

from JBR to Marina Residence station one can take taxi - 2-5 dirhams. Next stop - Emirates Terminal. Or JBR to Mall of Emirates or 400; there are still 6 months of very nice weather here. I think the main benefit is in its availability - having a choice is good enough for me.
Old May 27th 2009, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

from JBR to Marina Residence station one can take taxi - 2-5 dirhams. Next stop - Emirates Terminal. Or JBR to Mall of Emirates or 400; there are still 6 months of very nice weather here. I think the main benefit is in its availability - having a choice is good enough for me.
Taxi minimum 10 dhs remember? So for a lot of people not really an option to take the metro, at least not during hot summer months!
Old May 27th 2009, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by Euc-
Taxi minimum 10 dhs remember?
Is it? Didn't know that. Ok, AED 10 to the station and the next stop Terminal. Why do people use a train in the UK? Is it really that better looking that the one in Dubai?
Old May 27th 2009, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Is it? Didn't know that. Ok, AED 10 to the station and the next stop Terminal. Why do people use a train in the UK? Is it really that better looking that the one in Dubai?
you dont really have a choice in London, catch the train or claim unemployment benefit
Old May 27th 2009, 6:24 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

you dont really have a choice in London, catch the train or claim unemployment benefit
well, for me it's a case of how the heck do you get to the Dubai metro stations in the summer months? JBR station is a 10 min walk from JBR and sure, if you set out in the morning "rush hour" then the temp will be pleasant enough, but what if you're a mum with a baby/toddler and decide to venture to a mall at 10h? Got to be a joke if you need to take a car/ catch a taxi to the metro!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.