Reload this Page >

Sending money to the UK

Sending money to the UK

Old Jul 17th 2018, 9:55 am
Just Joined

Sara_N is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Sending money to the UK

Hi
We are moving to Abu dhabi and want to know if it is possible to send money to the UK monthly to cover some costs without taxes etc. Whats the best way of doing this, which companies etc
help would be much appreciated
Old Jul 17th 2018, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

reddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sending money to the UK

Originally Posted by Sara_N
Hi
We are moving to Abu dhabi and want to know if it is possible to send money to the UK monthly to cover some costs without taxes etc. Whats the best way of doing this, which companies etc
help would be much appreciated
I do mine via my bank the (HSBC) all done online for a small fee ( banks charge different amounts though) Unless you plan on going into and staying the UK for more than 90 days within a tax year then you shouldn't be taxed on this
Old Jul 18th 2018, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

Don63 is an unknown quantity at this point

As per above, HSBC are excellent with on line banking when done via International Transfers. They charge 150 AED per transaction and convert to GBP easily as an "on the spot transaction". From experience, if you get your transaction complete by 10am UAE time it hits the UK bank in GBP in the afternoon (Mon-Thurs). Only draw back is that for this to happen the receiving bank must be listed in the HSBC UAE database which you set up beforehand as the receiving bank. Failing this UAE Exchange provide a service but they are a separate entity to HSBC.
Old Jul 19th 2018, 4:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

You guys are throwing money away if using HSBC online transfers.

The small fee isn’t where you lose the money. It’ll be the god awful rates they provide.

Go to a proper broker or uae exchange. Might be a bit slower but could be 10pct different in rates.

As for tax... sending money has no correlation to your UK tax liability. Get proper tax advice.
Old Jul 19th 2018, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Taz786 is an unknown quantity at this point

I use UAE exchange just for the fact their rate is better than banks and transfer fee is AED 50.

Depending on the amount you're willing to transfer, you can even negotiate a better rate than displayed by speaking to the branch manager.
Old Jul 19th 2018, 12:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Taz786
I use UAE exchange just for the fact their rate is better than banks and transfer fee is AED 50.

Depending on the amount you're willing to transfer, you can even negotiate a better rate than displayed by speaking to the branch manager.
Good to see you took my advice.
Old Aug 7th 2018, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

MoneyCorp (who I have used for years), MoneyMover (who I have not yet used, but recently created an account with). Both have a few set-up hurdles (identity, addresses etc) but after that are dead easy, can do from your computer, and usually comfortably beat the banks on rates.
Old Aug 10th 2018, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

newbieLondon is an unknown quantity at this point

After much research I found UAE Exchange is best in terms of ease (now online possible) and exchange rates. They charge 45 AED per transaction plus £15 in the U.K. bank (my account is in HSBC).
Old Aug 11th 2018, 3:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

So you save 45 Dirhams.
Old Aug 19th 2018, 6:18 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
So you save 45 Dirhams.
The exchange rate itself is usually where the most savings are made rather than the transfer fee.

N.
Old Aug 20th 2018, 4:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Standanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond repute

Don't use the banks as their rates are rip off. I withdraw my dirhams in cash then go with UAE Exchange.
Old Aug 20th 2018, 4:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Standanista
Don't use the banks as their rates are rip off. I withdraw my dirhams in cash then go with UAE Exchange.
they will take a cheque and still give you the same rate.
Old Aug 20th 2018, 2:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Tou can be caught with a tax liability if you are only out of the Uk foir a short period. Get advice.
Old Sep 19th 2019, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

ariskar is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys, what is your experience with HSBC Global View Transfers?
(only available to Premier and Advance customers)

They advertise them as instant and with 0 fees.

How are HSBC exchange rates for Premier custormers with Global View (for transfer between their HSBC Premier accounts in two countries: UK & UAE)?
Old Sep 19th 2019, 4:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ariskar
Guys, what is your experience with HSBC Global View Transfers?
(only available to Premier and Advance customers)

They advertise them as instant and with 0 fees.

How are HSBC exchange rates for Premier custormers with Global View (for transfer between their HSBC Premier accounts in two countries: UK & UAE)?
Ain’t no higher fee than a zero fee deal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.