Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Sending family home without employer finding out

Sending family home without employer finding out

Old May 25th 2015, 9:37 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sending family home without employer finding out

If you are not coming back and neither are they then why cancel at all?
They will expire automatically I think. Worst case scenario you might get a 2 year ban from traveling back here.
Old May 31st 2015, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

Bungdit Din is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
If you are not coming back and neither are they then why cancel at all?
I'd rather do it properly. Then I can be absolutely sure that there will be no problems should we need to transit through the UAE in the future. We all know how rules can change overnight here, it would be sod's law that failing to properly cancel a residence visa would suddenly become an issue.
Old May 31st 2015, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

themajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond repute

Why all the secrecy/skullduggery? If you have nothing to hide and are not a criminal then just go about everything in the legal and correct manner. Or am I missing soemthing?
Old May 31st 2015, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

You are most certainly missing something. This is simply a matter of being able to time my resignation to when exactly suits me best. It makes most sense for the family to leave in the summer so that the kids can start school in the UK in September, so they need to go before I do.

I obviously don't need to explain myself to you, but just so you're aware, the reason I'd rather my employer not know that my family has left is so that they don't then start asking me questions about my own intentions that might force me to lie, or end up with me having to leave sooner than would be optimal from my perspective.

And I'm not sure where you get the idea that I am trying to do anything in a less-than-legal or correct manner. Quite the opposite, I want my family's residence visas cancelled properly. Didn't I make that clear in my post above yours?
Old May 31st 2015, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

You must work for a shitty employer.

Originally Posted by Bungdit Din
You are most certainly missing something. This is simply a matter of being able to time my resignation to when exactly suits me best. It makes most sense for the family to leave in the summer so that the kids can start school in the UK in September, so they need to go before I do.

I obviously don't need to explain myself to you, but just so you're aware, the reason I'd rather my employer not know that my family has left is so that they don't then start asking me questions about my own intentions that might force me to lie, or end up with me having to leave sooner than would be optimal from my perspective.

And I'm not sure where you get the idea that I am trying to do anything in a less-than-legal or correct manner. Quite the opposite, I want my family's residence visas cancelled properly. Didn't I make that clear in my post above yours?
Old May 31st 2015, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
You must work for a shitty employer.
On the contrary. But I'm not stupid enough to think that being completely open with them is necessarily a good idea. Nobody with half a brain should trust their employer that far. Plenty of companies here, even the big name ones making billions in profits, are still looking to get rid of people to trim the bottom line, and planting the seed of suspicion that someone might be planning to leave could be reason enough to move them on sooner than they'd like.

Last edited by Bungdit Din; May 31st 2015 at 7:51 am.
Old May 31st 2015, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

People in the UAE send their families home all the time, usually for educational reasons. No one bats an eye about it.

And you implied in a previous post you're afraid of getting sacked in case the employer finds out you're planning on resigning at some point fairly soon.

To me that's a shitty employer. You don't trust them to do the right thing by you.

Originally Posted by Bungdit Din
On the contrary. But I'm not stupid enough to think that being completely open with them is necessarily a good idea. Nobody with half a brain should trust their employer that far.
Old May 31st 2015, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
To me that's a shitty employer. You don't trust them to do the right thing by you.
Believe what you like, chief. I choose to believe only f*****g idiots completely trust their employers, especially out here. Way too many stories of people being f****d over, even after many years of loyal service.
Old May 31st 2015, 8:30 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

What the ***** just happened? This was a calm and collected thread and now it's handbags at dawn. Take a deep breath people..
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 9:13 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
Take a deep breath people..
^^ What he said!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFLRHPUWBI8