Selling the motor

Old Apr 9th 2013, 5:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Selling the motor

Ok, the time has come for me to try and flog one of the cars. I know the process but have one simple question.

The car I'm going to try and sell is on Abu Dhabi plates. I have a Dubai visa etc. This has never been a problem with re-registering etc. although we do go (well send someone) to Abu Dhabi to do it (I have since learnt that this can be done in Dubai).

Now, if I sell it to someone based in Dubai, do I need to go through the pain of driving to Abu Dhabi putting it on export plates and re-importing to Dubai, or can we just do the transfer in Dubai?

Cheers, M
Old Apr 10th 2013, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Selling the motor

Hmmmm, dunno. I have sold cars on Sharjah plates to folk in Dubai and done the export plate thing and I have also bought bikes in Abu Dhabi and imported them into Sharjah on export plates.

Try giving them a call as its a pretty straight forward and at a guess common occurrence.

I would say though that this has got a lot easier in the last few years. My file is currently in Sharjah although my visa is Abu Dhabi and I never have any issues with re-registering etc. It's just getting a modified car renewed which is a ball ache.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 9:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
It's just getting a modified car renewed which is a ball ache.
that problem, I have solved
Old Apr 10th 2013, 9:54 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it is easier now. Last time I was having to do it (2010) we always had to use export plates. Hundreds of people will do it all for you for 200 chips though.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 9:57 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Getting a new car? What's going? The Fortuner or the Patrol?

Anyway the person who bought my car was in Sharjah and he had to arrange for the 'export' side of it. If I remember correctly it was all done in the RTA office although I'm sure he had to reregister once he drove the car into Sharjah. There were temporary plates involved.

I imagine that if the person who buys your car is in Dubai he will have to arrange for 'export' from AD into Dubai. Why not just leave it to the buyer to handle that side of the business?

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Ok, the time has come for me to try and flog one of the cars. I know the process but have one simple question.

The car I'm going to try and sell is on Abu Dhabi plates. I have a Dubai visa etc. This has never been a problem with re-registering etc. although we do go (well send someone) to Abu Dhabi to do it (I have since learnt that this can be done in Dubai).

Now, if I sell it to someone based in Dubai, do I need to go through the pain of driving to Abu Dhabi putting it on export plates and re-importing to Dubai, or can we just do the transfer in Dubai?

Cheers, M
Old Apr 10th 2013, 1:56 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I don't know.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 2:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Getting a new car? What's going? The Fortuner or the Patrol?

Anyway the person who bought my car was in Sharjah and he had to arrange for the 'export' side of it. If I remember correctly it was all done in the RTA office although I'm sure he had to reregister once he drove the car into Sharjah. There were temporary plates involved.

I imagine that if the person who buys your car is in Dubai he will have to arrange for 'export' from AD into Dubai. Why not just leave it to the buyer to handle that side of the business?
This is the problem. I'm not in the Emirate that it is being exported from - my 'worry' is that I need to drive to Abu Dhabi with the buyer to do the transfer and de-registration after that he can do the export to Dubai or register in Abu Dhabi/Sharjah/Moon.

The Fortuner is going. I'm replacing it with... a Fortuner The initial plan was to get a pathfinder until I drove one.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 2:15 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

This is the problem. I'm not in the Emirate that it is being exported from - my 'worry' is that I need to drive to Abu Dhabi with the buyer to do the transfer and de-registration after that he can do the export to Dubai or register in Abu Dhabi/Sharjah/Moon.

The Fortuner is going. I'm replacing it with... a Fortuner The initial plan was to get a pathfinder until I drove one.
I didn't fit in the front seat of a pathfinder.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 2:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Scamp
I didn't fit in the front seat of a pathfinder.
you should try the third row.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 2:22 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

What's wrong with you, it is time for the mid life crisis-mobile.

A nice yellow muscle car or should funds permit something Italian and ridiculously impractical.

Do it

Last edited by weasel decentral; Apr 10th 2013 at 2:24 pm.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 2:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
What's wrong with you, its time for a mid life crisis-mobile.

A nice yellow muscle car or should funds permit something Italian and ridiculously impractical.

Do it
I plan to buy that in the summer when the wife is away.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 8:23 pm
Account Closed

you should try the third row.
What's the point in three rows? (I've used my extra Explorer seats a lot actually....)
Old Apr 11th 2013, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

that problem, I have solved
Hows that then...?
Old Apr 11th 2013, 11:30 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
What's wrong with you, it is time for the mid life crisis-mobile.

A nice yellow bedwarmer or should funds permit something Russian and ridiculously high maintenance.

Do it
I plan to buy that in the summer when the wife is away.
Corrected that for you
Old Apr 11th 2013, 2:01 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
What's the point in three rows? (I've used my extra Explorer seats a lot actually....)

for what exactly?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.