Selling the motor

Old Oct 24th 2011, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

Mr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to all
Default Selling the motor

I'm in the process of dealing with all the nuisance callers that come from posting an add on Dubizzle - and I wouldn't wish that on anyone - because I am flogging my car.

Assuming someone who isn't from Kuwait and doesn't think AED5k is a good deal turns up, I have an itsy bitsy question about the process.

I paid off my car loan about a year ago. Do I still need to get something from the bank confirming that the loan has been cleared, is is that only where people make a balloon payment when they sell?

Ta
Old Oct 24th 2011, 5:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all
Default Re: Selling the motor

Originally Posted by Mr Moleskins
I'm in the process of dealing with all the nuisance callers that come from posting an add on Dubizzle - and I wouldn't wish that on anyone - because I am flogging my car.

Assuming someone who isn't from Kuwait and doesn't think AED5k is a good deal turns up, I have an itsy bitsy question about the process.

I paid off my car loan about a year ago. Do I still need to get something from the bank confirming that the loan has been cleared, is is that only where people make a balloon payment when they sell?

Ta
You should have received a clearance letter from the bank once the loan was cleared - not sure if you'll need it or not but might be a good idea to get one just in case.
Old Oct 24th 2011, 5:59 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

and they may have the temerity to charge you for it (the letter)

ADCB charged about Dh 120 iirc
Old Oct 24th 2011, 6:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Ta
yes you will need the clearance letter, in my experience they do not offer it to you, you have to ask for it, and it can take a week to process and it costs. you will need this because on your gold rego card it will be written at the bottom in arabic usually that the car is on a mortgage and you have to then give the clearance letter to the traffic on registration/de-registration etc to take that off the file (and again this costs money too!)
Old Oct 24th 2011, 6:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saudiflares
and they may have the temerity to charge you for it (the letter)

ADCB charged about Dh 120 iirc
we had a loan with osool long time ago, they charged 50dhs and took a week as they now only process in dubai. we have had a loan with adcb been with them years, wasnt charged.
Old Oct 24th 2011, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
we had a loan with osool long time ago, they charged 50dhs and took a week as they now only process in dubai. we have had a loan with adcb been with them years, wasnt charged.
They bloody well charged me back in 2008...and they charged for bouncing a few of my car loan repayment cheques as the sigs didn't look right. Despite having 30+ similar cheques in their possession. Wouldn't recommend ADCB to anyone.
Old Oct 24th 2011, 12:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

They bloody well charged me back in 2008...and they charged for bouncing a few of my car loan repayment cheques as the sigs didn't look right. Despite having 30+ similar cheques in their possession. Wouldn't recommend ADCB to anyone.
we have had an account with them for over 15 years, and yes they are a local bank, and have their local ways, but all in all, compared to the stories i hear about hsbc and others they have been pretty good, i am a familiar face there now...
Old Oct 24th 2011, 12:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

i remember back in the days with the loan from osool and it was like 24 cheques, which you had to write, they refused the last couple of cheques, why, because the signature didnt look right, not surprising considering that your hand was hurting after writing out 24 cheques......
Old Oct 24th 2011, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

You need it. Not sure how they can tell if there's car financing involved but they can.
Old Oct 24th 2011, 3:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by seven seas
You need it. Not sure how they can tell if there's car financing involved but they can.
in abu dhabi they can tell as its on your gold rego car at the bottom in arabic telling them the finance company etc and the only way is to provide the clearance letter when you renew etc.
Old Oct 24th 2011, 5:27 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Ta
what are you selling mate? if you don't want to post the link to dubizzle just put it in a message to me please.

unless you're selling a tiida/yaris/lancer in which case all i will say is good luck with that..
Old Oct 25th 2011, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

Mr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to all

Originally Posted by norsk
what are you selling mate? if you don't want to post the link to dubizzle just put it in a message to me please.

unless you're selling a tiida/yaris/lancer in which case all i will say is good luck with that..
Subaru. Sent you a message
Old Oct 25th 2011, 6:28 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Subaru. Sent you a message
Thanks. Don't take this the wrong way please, but I'm not old enough to drive your car..Sorry

Good luck with finding a buyer though. I'm considering selling my car soon and kind of dreading it...

Last edited by norsk; Oct 25th 2011 at 6:28 am. Reason: seller buyer nearly the same thing... :-)
Old Oct 25th 2011, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
Thanks. Don't take this the wrong way please, but I'm not old enough to drive your car..Sorry

Good luck with finding a buyer though. I'm considering selling my car soon and kind of dreading it...
jeez, you guys are direct , fine, but doesn't this really belong in the PM?
Old Oct 25th 2011, 4:36 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

Originally Posted by seven seas
jeez, you guys are direct , fine, but doesn't this really belong in the PM?
it was a tongue in cheek comment. no harm intended and i'm sure none taken (well, i hope so anyway).

and to be honest i'm not entirely sure what makes you think you are able to criticise my lack of sensitivity..nuff said!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.