British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Seder Village Riyadh - Any Info? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/seder-village-riyadh-any-info-808900/)

nottmbantam Sep 11th 2013 9:23 am

Seder Village Riyadh - Any Info?

Folks,

In the middle of changing jobs - which means having to leave the compound we're currently on ( Eid Villas). Been to look at a couple, but price range wise, it looks like something like Seder Village - maybe a three bed bungalow coming up.

Anyone on there now - what's it like? I've heard good things, good social scene, good community etc, facilities look decent enough.

Just a bit concerned its a bit far away from everything else - been spoilt living around Exit 8/9 recently as everything is so close.

TIA.

flares Sep 11th 2013 9:36 am

Re: Seder Village Riyadh - Any Info?

There was a fire a while back that wiped out a lot of the facilities but I'd imagine it's all been put right since then.

They are bungalows and a bit flimsy in construction iirc but OK. Best go and have a look.

nottmbantam Sep 11th 2013 11:58 am

Yes, the entire central burnt down to the ground, it's all been rebuilt now, so the restaurant , shop , "bar" etc is all brand spanking new, that bit looks nice. Looked around a three bed bungalow - bit basic, but nice enough inside, and very spacious, private back garden, big parking space - can at least fit the Suburban on there...

Just waiting for them to get back to me now.

flares Sep 11th 2013 1:31 pm

how much are they?

nottmbantam Sep 11th 2013 2:16 pm

Got quoted 132k for detached, 3 bed bungalow. Cheap for Riyadh.

Bored_in_Riyadh Sep 12th 2013 10:10 am

I'm on Seder and have to say I love it..

Good social scene with the Cactus Club plus compound management are Brits and the maintenance support is really good.

Avoid Khurais Road and use King Abdullah to get onto the ring road and into town.

cheers

:)

nottmbantam Sep 12th 2013 10:22 am

Thanks for that Bored, going back on Saturday to hopefully finalise a few things, looks like it might come off. Feedback I've had is all positive so far. I thought about going King Abdullah Road anyway, as I'll be working near to Exit 9.

Astrophore Jan 22nd 2014 5:20 am

Hi !
I'm little out of topic, but was wondering if you could give me the phone number of Seder Compound (the recreation center) - I need to get in touch with the person in charge of Cofee Mornings as I wish to register for that and their website is down!
Thanks!!

Bored_in_Riyadh Jan 22nd 2014 2:11 pm

Hi, the number is 0112280000 ext 3029 for recreation and ask for Ben.

Astrophore Jan 22nd 2014 3:14 pm

Thanks a lot bored! I successfully registered for the event...

nonthaburi Jan 23rd 2014 7:40 pm

you must be right by Granada then .

ExpatLife Jan 23rd 2014 9:43 pm

Hi nottmbantam - do you mind letting me know your view on value for money re Seder v EID. I made an enquiry of EID and received following for 3/4 bed villas on offer. Appreciate there will be caveats.

Type T -Three Bed room (Plus Open living room) Executive Villa, 300sqm @ SAR350,000.00
Type A - Four Bed room Villa (Three Bedrooms Plus living room), 240sqm @SAR 290,000.00
Type B -Three Bed room Villa (Two Bedroom Plus Family room), 190sqm @ SAR250,000.00

Your rate of SAR132K is more than competitive!

May I also ask whether either or both of EID and Seder demand full annual payment upfront. I will ask when I call them. The email I received from Arizona Golf Compound, also last week, stated in big bold print that annual fee due in advance.

Fingers crossed that your move to Seder goes without a hitch. I might see if I can stay at a Seder motel in the months preceding wife and kids moving over.

ExpatLife Jan 23rd 2014 10:40 pm

I found some relevant info to my above post at http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ompound&page=2 which is current

mrthoth Feb 2nd 2014 1:32 pm

I live on Seder and have no choice but to agree with the statement

"Good community, good facilities, way out of the main drag in Riyadh, tiny single floor ‘sheds’ with tin roofs. AVOID!"

My initial "look at how much I'm pocketing" has turned into a "thank goodness I only sleep there"... the place is cheap and the people are nice, but once you've seen the fit and finish of Al Yammama, the New Ranco units, Arabian Homes......... you'll be wondering why you were so stingy and kicking yourself.

One a brighter note they are building some two storey ones which if the price stays the same would be worth having. But it's not a nice place to drive back to after a hard day at work, very depressing portacabins.