Reload this Page >

Secondary School Teachers Dubai

Secondary School Teachers Dubai

Old Aug 26th 2015, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

Ribbon461 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Secondary School Teachers Dubai

Hi guys,

I am hoping to find a job as a Maths teacher for Sept 2016 in Dubai. I have posted before asking about the process but I would also like to find out more about the actual teaching side.

I have tried using the search function but haven't found anything to answer my questions.

I would really appreciate it if anyone with experience of teaching in Dubai could answer my following questions.

1) How many lessons do you teach in a week and how many PPA lessons?

2) How does performance management work ie how many observations etc?

3) What are the class sizes like and are they mixed ability or set?

4) Do you have your own classroom and interactive whiteboard etc?

5) How many meetings do you have each week?

6) Did you get information about classes and schemes of work before moving out?

7) Is reporting to parents a similar format as the UK i.e. reports and parents evenings?

Slightly off topic...Is it easy to negotiate a package with the school?

Sorry for asking so many questions...please feel free to add in your own experiences of teaching abroad and any other useful information.

Thank you all so much!!!
Old Aug 27th 2015, 4:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Secondary School Teachers Dubai

Originally Posted by Ribbon461
Hi guys,

I am hoping to find a job as a Maths teacher for Sept 2016 in Dubai. I have posted before asking about the process but I would also like to find out more about the actual teaching side.

I have tried using the search function but haven't found anything to answer my questions.

I would really appreciate it if anyone with experience of teaching in Dubai could answer my following questions.

1) How many lessons do you teach in a week and how many PPA lessons? Don't know, but seems quite full on

2) How does performance management work ie how many observations etc? Generally a couple a year, with loads of advanced warning and government seem to inspect every year

3) What are the class sizes like and are they mixed ability or set? Don't know, the Mrs teaches primary and range from low teens to high 20's

4) Do you have your own classroom and interactive whiteboard etc? probably

5) How many meetings do you have each week? dunno

6) Did you get information about classes and schemes of work before moving out? not likely

7) Is reporting to parents a similar format as the UK i.e. reports and parents evenings? yep

Slightly off topic...Is it easy to negotiate a package with the school? No, kind of get what you're given.

Sorry for asking so many questions...please feel free to add in your own experiences of teaching abroad and any other useful information.

Thank you all so much!!!
Can't answer many as answering OBO my mrs who is a head of department in primary, but lots will be similar.