Reload this Page >

Seashore villa compound Vs Raha Gardens

Seashore villa compound Vs Raha Gardens

Old Jul 29th 2019, 10:09 am
Just Joined

Gona22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Seashore villa compound Vs Raha Gardens

Hi All,

I am looking for some feedback on the above two compounds please. I have arrived in Abu Dhabi couple of weeks ago and work in ADNEC area. My kids will go to BISAD so we are looking for place near(ish) to school. Seashore and Raha both are in budget (150k). We have viewed villas in both, though Raha is newer than seashore but seashore seems to be of more ideal size and has decent facilities. We have been warned by few people that utility bills in Raha are much higher and has added bill of chilled water?
Raha seems to have more expat residents than seashore (going by the information provided by agent).

Can anyone share their views please, if you know these areas. What sort of community life is in both and are the bills substantially higher in Raha.

We have driven around KCA and MBZ but did not like the villas in these areas.

Many thanks.
Gona.
Old Aug 1st 2019, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

GolfGardener has a brilliant futureGolfGardener has a brilliant futureGolfGardener has a brilliant futureGolfGardener has a brilliant futureGolfGardener has a brilliant futureGolfGardener has a brilliant future
Default Re: Seashore villa compound Vs Raha Gardens

Seashore has a reputation for poor maintenance, both in the individual villas and in the common areas. But for under 150 that does sound like pretty good value. Mangrove Village next door has similar villas but for 200k upwards. Bear in mind that any villa will have much higher utility bills compared to an apartment though. Raha bills will be even higher still due to the chilled water.
Old Aug 2nd 2019, 6:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gona22
Hi All,

I am looking for some feedback on the above two compounds please. I have arrived in Abu Dhabi couple of weeks ago and work in ADNEC area. My kids will go to BISAD so we are looking for place near(ish) to school. Seashore and Raha both are in budget (150k). We have viewed villas in both, though Raha is newer than seashore but seashore seems to be of more ideal size and has decent facilities. We have been warned by few people that utility bills in Raha are much higher and has added bill of chilled water?
Raha seems to have more expat residents than seashore (going by the information provided by agent).

Can anyone share their views please, if you know these areas. What sort of community life is in both and are the bills substantially higher in Raha.

We have driven around KCA and MBZ but did not like the villas in these areas.

Many thanks.
Gona.
i would imagine both communities are full of expats with almost no (if any) locals. If you mean indians, the best way to avoid them is to go to the place with the higher rent, more expensive utilities or just a pest control program; for some reason this seems to put them off.
Old Aug 2nd 2019, 8:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

God forbid that a high-born one of English caste should be forced to live next to one with brown-skin !
It seems that expressing open racism is now perfectly acceptable
Old Aug 2nd 2019, 8:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

The response of course will be :" I am not a racist, but..............."
Old Aug 4th 2019, 4:44 am
Just Joined

Gona22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GolfGardener
Seashore has a reputation for poor maintenance, both in the individual villas and in the common areas. But for under 150 that does sound like pretty good value. Mangrove Village next door has similar villas but for 200k upwards. Bear in mind that any villa will have much higher utility bills compared to an apartment though. Raha bills will be even higher still due to the chilled water.
Thank you for the feedback. appreciated.
Old Aug 5th 2019, 6:57 am
Just Joined

Smithnicky is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
We too are moving there in a few weeks and my husband has gone ahead. Our kids will also be starting at BISAD, husband has rented a villa in Golf Gardens. So far he seems happy, but of course early days.
Nicky
Old Aug 31st 2019, 11:21 am
Just Joined

Moff is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scot47
God forbid that a high-born one of English caste should be forced to live next to one with brown-skin !
It would appear so
Old Sep 1st 2019, 4:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by scot47
Why English? What if I was racist? Would it be the Scottish half of me or the English half?

You're bemoaning racism yet continuing your anti-English tirade. You're a disgrace.