Scrapping my car

Old Feb 4th 2013, 5:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Scrapping my car

Do any of you the procedure for scrapping a car please? Mine has finally given up the ghost and some guys are going to take it for their off road club. What do I have to do to de-register it?
thank you in advance
xxx
Old Feb 4th 2013, 6:12 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Scrapping my car

I've never done it - transferring ownership when I sold my old car was pretty easy (as I sold it to a dealer). The RTA webpage is pretty good and here is the directory of vehicle registration services (who knew there could be so many options):
http://www.rta.ae/wpsv5/wps/portal/!...70ILEBUCI33GD5

Nothing seems to obviously suggest scrapping or deregistering, the closest I could spot was this:

http://www.rta.ae/wpsv5/wps/portal/!...70ILEBUCI33GD5

I'd say worth giving them a call. I've found RTA to be usually quite helpful on the phone (of course it does depend who decides to pick up I guess...).

I'm not sure that was a great help but it seemed unthinkable to pass by a query from you (who is almost always the provider of information) and not offer something.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 6:35 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

de registering is exactly the same process as registering, same place just different forms and take your number plates down.

The RTA will de register it and give you a document showing that done. Use that document to transfer ownership to someone else.
DO NOT skip that step, as the last registered owner if something happens its still your car whether its registered as road going or not, so if someone has an accident offroad the cops will look for you.

You can transfer ownership for free the RTA don't care just as long as they know who currently owns it.

ps dont forget the car registration card

Last edited by shiva; Feb 4th 2013 at 6:36 am. Reason: added
Old Feb 4th 2013, 7:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
I'm not sure that was a great help but it seemed unthinkable to pass by a query from you (who is almost always the provider of information) and not offer something.
Thank you darling, I did look on there but nothing other than the re-registering jumped out at me

Originally Posted by shiva
de registering is exactly the same process as registering, same place just different forms and take your number plates down.

The RTA will de register it and give you a document showing that done. Use that document to transfer ownership to someone else.
DO NOT skip that step, as the last registered owner if something happens its still your car whether its registered as road going or not, so if someone has an accident offroad the cops will look for you.

You can transfer ownership for free the RTA don't care just as long as they know who currently owns it.

ps dont forget the car registration card
Thanks sweetie..I will get on it.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Thank you darling, I did look on there but nothing other than the re-registering jumped out at me

Thanks sweetie..I will get on it.
Hmm, on the basis of the respective usefulness of Shiva's and my offerings, I reckon that a "sweetie" must outrank a "darling" so that's what I'll be aiming for in future...
Old Feb 4th 2013, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Hmm, on the basis of the respective usefulness of Shiva's and my offerings, I reckon that a "sweetie" must outrank a "darling" so that's what I'll be aiming for in future...
don't be silly sweetie darling..you know I love you more xxx
Old Feb 4th 2013, 10:42 am

don't be silly sweetie darling..you know I love you more xxx
I hit the motherlode!!!
Old Feb 7th 2013, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

So, my car is de registered and awaits the off road boys from AD to come and pick her up... my Discovery is going to be a 'car donor'..she will bring prolonged life to several other series1 discos

I must say that the RTA service is very good, especially when you go with an Emirati girlfriend
Old Feb 7th 2013, 11:15 am

So, my car is de registered and awaits the off road boys from AD to come and pick her up... my Discovery is going to be a 'car donor'..she will bring prolonged life to several other series1 discos

I must say that the RTA service is very good, especially when you go with an Emirati girlfriend
Which branch did you use? I find Al Barsha very good, Deira (behind the airport) not so much...
Old Feb 7th 2013, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Which branch did you use? I find Al Barsha very good, Deira (behind the airport) not so much...
I live 5 mins away from the Al Barsha branch darling..we went at 7.30... my Emirati friend wanted my license plate because it is her birth date... It is never simple..you would think I could just de register the car, then give her the plates..but..no! Apparently I don't actually own the plates, so I can't 'give' her the plates! I had to buy the plates and then transfer them to her..she paid 1300dhs for them!! Probably more than my car was worth for scrap!!
Old Feb 7th 2013, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

I live 5 mins away from the Al Barsha branch darling..we went at 7.30... my Emirati friend wanted my license plate because it is her birth date... It is never simple..you would think I could just de register the car, then give her the plates..but..no! Apparently I don't actually own the plates, so I can't 'give' her the plates! I had to buy the plates and then transfer them to her..she paid 1300dhs for them!! Probably more than my car was worth for scrap!!
True. I sold my old car to Honda and bought a new one but wanted to keep the number but transfer it to my wife's name. Had to buy it in that case also!
Old Feb 8th 2013, 5:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

in ad you can pay 500 dhs to retain the plates to then transfer to another car of same name etc, but dont know about "selling" the plates.. that would be different.
Old Feb 9th 2013, 5:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by busybee2
in ad you can pay 500 dhs to retain the plates to then transfer to another car of same name etc, but dont know about "selling" the plates.. that would be different.
Here you have to 'own' them first and then you can transfer them ..bonkers!!
Old Feb 12th 2013, 11:55 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

I hit the motherlode!!!
snort

she's not that big