Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Scottish social group in Doha

Scottish social group in Doha

Old Jan 22nd 2013, 6:10 am
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Scottish social group in Doha

As above mate the rugby club is normally full of jocks

Also most of the oil in the north sea has nothing to do with Scotland

There is oil left. Media just says different
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 12:20 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's alluding to Scots and football that has murdered this thread....
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

Imack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Eva
I think it's alluding to Scots and football that has murdered this thread....
Eh......excuse me??? What exactly do you mean by that?

The whole point of the thread, if you had bothered to read it, was to see if there were any other Scots who wanted to watch football
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 12:52 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Imack1811
Eh......excuse me??? What exactly do you mean by that?

The whole point of the thread, if you had bothered to read it, was to see if there were any other Scots who wanted to watch football
Thanks,grasped the concept.It's just that ..well most Scots seem to be following
rugby.
Marginally less embarrassing than footballing national performances?

Scots and football in the same sentence?
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 3:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
Thanks,grasped the concept.It's just that ..well most Scots seem to be following
rugby.
Marginally less embarrassing than footballing national performances?

Scots and football in the same sentence?
The draw with The Faroe Islands stands out.

The Faroe Islands couldn't get a full team out - they had a dog in goal....
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs
The draw with The Faroe Islands stands out.

The Faroe Islands couldn't get a full team out - they had a dog in goal....
The dog was a better keeper than Alan Rough or Hamish Mcalpine ever was !
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

Imack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really nice

Originally Posted by co durham boy
The dog was a better keeper than Alan Rough or Hamish Mcalpine ever was !
and let's not forget King Kenny's trundler in between Ray Clemence's leg, quality goalkeeping
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Imack1811
and let's not forget King Kenny's trundler in between Ray Clemence's leg, quality goalkeeping
I'll give you that one
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

lanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to all

Christ as the better have of a Scottish/Irish couple I've never had any of this sort of talk!!

I find it much easier to hang about with Scottish folk, it means I can turn of the subtitles when I'm trying to have a conversation.........

I hope you find a nice load of people to hang about with in Doha, there seems to be loads of Scots around everywhere, and way more in Dubai than I ever met in AD, weird that......
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lanarkwitch

I find it much easier to hang about with Scottish folk, it means I can turn of the subtitles when I'm trying to have a conversation.......
I went to a hotel in Cumbernauld with a German colleague a few weeks back, speaks perfect English, he even married one

the lass in the hotel spoke to him and he didn't get a single word, he turned to me and asked if she was speaking English
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

lanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Sandboy
I went to a hotel in Cumbernauld with a German colleague a few weeks back, speaks perfect English, he even married one

the lass in the hotel spoke to him and he didn't get a single word, he turned to me and asked if she was speaking English
Happens to me all the time
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 1:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Inability to understand the locals is something that most of my German and American visitors experience.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

claimsboys has a brilliant futureclaimsboys has a brilliant futureclaimsboys has a brilliant futureclaimsboys has a brilliant futureclaimsboys has a brilliant futureclaimsboys has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Can they cash their Giro's here and buy buckfast?
I lived in Scotland for a period of 3 months, worst 3 months of my life. Although it was in the beautiful Fort William area, oh hang on, it was beautiful until i stumble into the plantation area. A shit hole, literally, were they chuck all of shit from the rest of Scotland. The place is like a RAB C NESBIT sketch on Acid.

It rained for 3 months solid, all the locals were either on drugs, stone cold drunk all of the time, or banging on about how us English were on 'their land'.

And it has to be said, it must be home, possibly only in a fierce competition with Newcastle, to the ugliest bastards on the planet, even the Mongolians look attractive to the shit up there.

They use to go through bottles of Buckfast, (**** fast as the locals call it) and Iron Bru like the ****ing world was about to end. Possibly to of the worst drinks ever.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 2:43 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by claimsboys

And it has to be said, it must be home, possibly only in a fierce competition with Newcastle, to the ugliest bastards on the planet, even the Mongolians look attractive to the shit up there.
Oi!

Old Jan 23rd 2013, 3:43 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandboy

Westerwood?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.