Schools in Riyadh

Old Nov 3rd 2012, 4:12 pm
---
Just Joined

--- is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Schools in Riyadh

Are there any british curriculum schools in riyadh?
The British School is too expensive.
Rowad is too expensive, and so is Manarat.
The British Islamic school is only for primary school.

Any british cirriculum schools in riyadh?
Old Nov 4th 2012, 4:23 am
---
Just Joined

--- is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Schools in Riyadh

anyone?
Old Nov 4th 2012, 4:59 am
BE Enthusiast

MaserMan is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess you are talking english curriculum and if that is what you want then you will have to pay.

An alternative is the multinational which I believe now offer A levels, but not absolutely sure.
Old Nov 28th 2012, 9:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Your employer should be paying an educational allowance. Wide range of schools available but they can be expensive. The cheaper ones are not very good. If you can't afford Manarat, how much CAN you pay ?

look at some of the other international schools. We sent our daughter to the Italian School in Jeddah (Scuola Italiana di Gidda) Very reasonable and a truly international atmosphere. I think thbere is one in Riyadh too.
Old Nov 28th 2012, 9:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Ah - just checked - there is NO Italian School in Riyadh now. Closed some years ago. But keep looking !
Old Nov 28th 2012, 10:54 pm
Just Joined

siddiqui is an unknown quantity at this point

You can try Jawahir Al Riyadh International School they have British Curriculum

Middle East Int't School also had a british curriculum section.
Old Nov 29th 2012, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

Ash786 is an unknown quantity at this point

Your employer should be paying an educational allowance. Wide range of schools available but they can be expensive. The cheaper ones are not very good. If you can't afford Manarat, how much CAN you pay ?

Not always true. My empoyer will only pay up to the limit of the German school in Jeddah (as I work for a German company). I dont have an issue with this but of course the problem is that because my kids are not native German speakers, they might struggle. I have to top up form my salary if I went to send my kids to Brit Conti or Jeddah Prep. Some companies are getting a bit more frugal nowadays when it comes to allowances and they do expect the employee to top up something from their own salaries. The question really is after topping up, do you have enough left to live on and save?

Out of interest Scot, how did your daughter cope at the Italian school? was language a barrier for her?
Old Nov 29th 2012, 10:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

She went to the KG Section where English AND Italian were used. She learned quite a lot of Italian. Of course children learn quickly but forget quickly too, so after she went to SAIS/American School for Grade , she forgot it all !
Old Nov 30th 2012, 2:01 am
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

Where are you going to be working Riyadh or Jeddah? your initial question asks about Riyadh, yet you discuss schools in Jeddah(?).

You would not be able to work in one and live/send your child in another (unless you plan on a weekly commute leaving your child with your wife).

I would use the allowance and top up fees with your salary. You can't shortcut your child's education.