Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Schools and places to live in Bahrain

Schools and places to live in Bahrain

Old Apr 23rd 2008, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

ablanche is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Schools and places to live in Bahrain

Hi - can anyone tell me what the best schools are for expats in Bahrain? I have a preschooler and primary schooler.
Also, where are the best areas to live for families?
Thanks
Old Apr 24th 2008, 12:41 am
BE Enthusiast

shiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Schools and places to live in Bahrain

only 2 choices really....

St Christophers
British School

http://www.st-chris.net/
http://www.thebsbh.com/

Areas around St. Christophers = Budayia, Saar;
Areas around British School = Adliya, Juffair

Areas in between both schools:
Zinj

It's very difficult to get kids in- get your application in to boith schools asap.

Hope that helps

Originally Posted by ablanche
Hi - can anyone tell me what the best schools are for expats in Bahrain? I have a preschooler and primary schooler.
Also, where are the best areas to live for families?
Thanks
Old Apr 24th 2008, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

macteepee is just really nicemacteepee is just really nicemacteepee is just really nicemacteepee is just really nicemacteepee is just really nicemacteepee is just really nicemacteepee is just really nicemacteepee is just really nicemacteepee is just really nicemacteepee is just really nicemacteepee is just really nice
Default Re: Schools and places to live in Bahrain

Hi Ablanche - I don't know about the schools here personally, but if you do a search on the Bahrain section of the EW forum: http://www.expatwoman.com/vbulletin/...?s=&forumid=16 you should find a fair bit of info and discussion as there has been a bit of talk on that front recently.

As far as places to live, I believe most families live around Budaiya, Saar, Jasra, Janabiyah, Hamala even. I don't know of many families living elsewhere, but then again I've only been here 3 1/2 months and live in an apartment with only hubby...

HTH