Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Schools near Mirdif

Schools near Mirdif

Old Apr 10th 2005, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Benson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to behold
Default Schools near Mirdif

Hello everyone, long time no speak I know.

Well I have started my Job in JA on 1 sy Mar. Everything going well, just spent 2 weeks off shore! Have been looking for a villa and have found something just out of my price range instead of way out of my price range. One thing I would like to know of is a school for my 6 yr old daughter close to Mirdif. I have heard of the Shefield school but have no idea were it is or what.

Any advice or websites or telephone nos of schools would be appeciated.

Should be a good one for you Face,

Cheers everyone

BeNsOn

PS huge Karama for good info
Old Apr 10th 2005, 10:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schools near Mirdif

Originally Posted by Benson

Well I have started my Job in JA on 1 sy Mar. Everything going well, just spent 2 weeks off shore! Have been looking for a villa and have found something just out of my price range instead of way out of my price range. One thing I would like to know of is a school for my 6 yr old daughter close to Mirdif. I have heard of the Shefield school but have no idea were it is or what.

Cheers everyone

BeNsOn

I was bored, read your post and googled a bit:

Mirdif Private School
P.O. Box: 60425 - Dubai

Tel:04 288 3303

I hope this is what you were looking for.
Old Apr 11th 2005, 3:26 am
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

Cheers everyone

BeNsOn

Not sure about existing ones - check the FAQ pages for them.

There are a few new schools openeing in September this year and one of them will be in Mirdif, the Royal Dubai School. It's a GEMS school, same as JPS and some others, and follows the English curriculum. Here's a link for you:

http://www.gemseducation.com/server....=ConWebDoc.214

Register NOW, as waiting lists here are hideous. Good luck.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 3:59 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers everyone

BeNsOn

In a quest for a decent scool the missus visited there about a month ago. Classes are not yet full, its less than a year old, good facilities and the headmistress is very nice and from the UK. Its near the Emirates Driving institute and Sahara Centre

I've got the heads mobile . If u want it PM me .

Cheers
TS
Old Apr 12th 2005, 6:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice

Cheers everyone

BeNsOn

The Sheffield Private School is empty. My son goes there. Send me a PM and I can get some details for you!
Old Apr 12th 2005, 9:23 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers everyone

BeNsOn

Hmmmmmm.......... welcome back! Now back in sunny london. only for 2 weeks though.

Schools in Mirdiff.......

Well Garhoud is pretty close to Mirdiff and my ex-school, now known as The Cambridge International School, comes highly recommended.

Tel: 04 2824646
The Principal is the best person to go and c. Ignore the snotty receptionist when u call.

Oh and i am glad u found somewhere just over budget. lololol. The school fees arent as high as some of the newer GEMS joints, but it is a good school. trust me on that.

here is the website:
http://www.tchs-dxb.sch.ae/home.htm

will try and think of some more places for ya.
Oh and I have given u some k already.

Last edited by Face81; Apr 12th 2005 at 9:39 am.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 9:35 am
Banned

Robynlyn has a brilliant futureRobynlyn has a brilliant futureRobynlyn has a brilliant futureRobynlyn has a brilliant futureRobynlyn has a brilliant futureRobynlyn has a brilliant futureRobynlyn has a brilliant futureRobynlyn has a brilliant future

Hi,

I can also highly recommend the Cambridge International School. Bus service collects the kids in the morning and then drops them off. School is fantastic as you can really see they have the pupils best interests at heart. My daughter is in Grade 3 and loves school!! I am not sure what is going to happen with the school fees we got a letter 3 weeks ago saying the fees are going up but no mention of how much. Also they have changed from Cambridge High School to Cambridge International and so have changed their school uniform, they are currently in maroon and cream but I have been told that as of the new year (Spet 05) the kids will be wearing navy and white?

Good Luck, your child will love the school and as far as I know there is space for next year...
Old Apr 12th 2005, 9:38 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Robynlyn
Hi,

I can also highly recommend the Cambridge International School. Bus service collects the kids in the morning and then drops them off. School is fantastic as you can really see they have the pupils best interests at heart. My daughter is in Grade 3 and loves school!! I am not sure what is going to happen with the school fees we got a letter 3 weeks ago saying the fees are going up but no mention of how much. Also they have changed from Cambridge High School to Cambridge International and so have changed their school uniform, they are currently in maroon and cream but I have been told that as of the new year (Spet 05) the kids will be wearing navy and white?

Good Luck, your child will love the school and as far as I know there is space for next year...
My ex school....... was there all the way from year 1 to Year 13 for my A-levels...... Guess the name change is ok and it is well located for Mirdiff residents. the fees go up every 2-3 years, by a nominal amount.

I heard bout the uniform change as well...... part of a whole re branding image by GEMS. Navy and white will look smart as well..... the school will need to be repainted to match as well. LOL

I hated the khaki coloured trousers anyway. We used to even have maroon ties back in the day, but they ditched them 3 years ago, after I left. Damn! lol

See Benson..... it comes extremely highly recommended.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Benson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for all the info, everyone.

Face I tried to Karma U but was unable will try again. Won't forget.

Originally Posted by Face81
Hmmmmmm.......... welcome back! Now back in sunny london. only for 2 weeks though.

Schools in Mirdiff.......

Well Garhoud is pretty close to Mirdiff and my ex-school, now known as The Cambridge International School, comes highly recommended.

Tel: 04 2824646
The Principal is the best person to go and c. Ignore the snotty receptionist when u call.

Oh and i am glad u found somewhere just over budget. lololol. The school fees arent as high as some of the newer GEMS joints, but it is a good school. trust me on that.

here is the website:
http://www.tchs-dxb.sch.ae/home.htm

will try and think of some more places for ya.
Oh and I have given u some k already.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 6:24 pm
The Oracle

Thanks for all the info, everyone.

Face I tried to Karma U but was unable will try again. Won't forget.
No worries mate....... tis the thought that counts.

Glad I could be of help.