Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Schools in Dubai and Abu Dhabi

Schools in Dubai and Abu Dhabi

Old Apr 14th 2008, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schools in Dubai and Abu Dhabi

What new british schools are opening in Abu Dhabi?

I know they are building a beacon school at Al Raha?

My little un is only 3 months so she is not yet ready for school but in all seriousness, how long are the waiting lists??

Should i book a place for her for the 2011 term
Old Apr 14th 2008, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

bearfus is an unknown quantity at this point

The Beacon school is Raha International, opened in September 2006 - dont know if there is another one opening in the same area,

There is also Pearl Academy and Al Yasmeen School - dont have any up to date details they both are just about to open or are taking registrations I think, someone else may have info on these...

the other schools are British School Al Kubairat –www.britishschool.sch.ae 02 446 2280
Raha International School – www.ris.ae 02 556 1567
American Community School www.acs.sch.ae 02 681 5115
American International School www.aisuae.com 02 444 4333
Abu Dhabi International School, following US curriculum www.ais.sch.ae
Canadian International School www.cis-ad.org
Abu Dhabi International School www.aisuae.com
Choueifat international School www.iscad.sch.ae
Cambridge High School, www.tchs-auh.sch.ae
French Lycee Louis Massignon www.llm.sch.ae
German School www.dsad.org

HTH
Old Apr 14th 2008, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bearfus
The Beacon school is Raha International, opened in September 2006 - dont know if there is another one opening in the same area,

There is also Pearl Academy and Al Yasmeen School - dont have any up to date details they both are just about to open or are taking registrations I think, someone else may have info on these...

the other schools are British School Al Kubairat –www.britishschool.sch.ae 02 446 2280
Raha International School – www.ris.ae 02 556 1567
American Community School www.acs.sch.ae 02 681 5115
American International School www.aisuae.com 02 444 4333
Abu Dhabi International School, following US curriculum www.ais.sch.ae
Canadian International School www.cis-ad.org
Abu Dhabi International School www.aisuae.com
Choueifat international School www.iscad.sch.ae
Cambridge High School, www.tchs-auh.sch.ae
French Lycee Louis Massignon www.llm.sch.ae
German School www.dsad.org

HTH
I think there is a couple of Aldar schools either opening or open in abu dhabi, pearl primary I think is already open. Remember something about a Falcon school opening as well. Maybe the name is wrong, but definitely another Aldar school.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

Falcon name change to Al Yasmina School at Raha Gardens I think -opening sept 2009 - can someone confirm??? Rah is at one end of Raha Gardens, and Al Y at the other, from what I have been told...
Old Apr 14th 2008, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Falcon name change to Al Yasmina School at Raha Gardens I think -opening sept 2009 - can someone confirm??? Rah is at one end of Raha Gardens, and Al Y at the other, from what I have been told...
thanks for your earlier post....

I know they are building a Beacon school behind the one that is already there at Al Raha...(i live right next to it) and in the plans there is another school being build at the other end of the developlment, i think at the golf course end (if that makes any sense)
Old Apr 14th 2008, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

Could you be thinking of the Raha Intl Senior (MYP) school that is being constructed right behind RAHA school at the moment ? It runs along /abutts the boundary of the Raha Gardens, and is part of the RIS... opening Sept 09... ??

Handy for those who want to throw their kids out of the window in the morning into the school yard... not so handy if you have no kids and your bedroom window looks onto the playground LOL!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Could you be thinking of the Raha Intl Senior (MYP) school that is being constructed right behind RAHA school at the moment ? It runs along /abutts the boundary of the Raha Gardens, and is part of the RIS... opening Sept 09... ??

Handy for those who want to throw their kids out of the window in the morning into the school yard... not so handy if you have no kids and your bedroom window looks onto the playground LOL!
i'd rather be backing onto a school than many other things.
At least you get peace at night - and the kids are off for over 3 months of the year anyway.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

Yeah, too true... and at least you can park your car outside your house... I would LOVE to live next to the school... no school run, and avoid the 5 trips a day delivering forgotten lunch box, PE kit, Music bag, book bag etc etc. (yes I know, I am totally disorganised, and the kids are not much better!) Silly thing is that I know a couple of families in Raha Gardens who could not get their kids into Raha .... so they still have to do the school run thing into town...
Old Apr 14th 2008, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Yeah, too true... and at least you can park your car outside your house... I would LOVE to live next to the school... no school run, and avoid the 5 trips a day delivering forgotten lunch box, PE kit, Music bag, book bag etc etc. (yes I know, I am totally disorganised, and the kids are not much better!) Silly thing is that I know a couple of families in Raha Gardens who could not get their kids into Raha .... so they still have to do the school run thing into town...
ahh so the existing one is the primary and the one being built is the secondary....

So what is the reviews/opinions of the primary school? waiting etc..it is a UK curriculum ?

Just curious at this point, also as i am one of the houses that is right next to it...
Old Apr 14th 2008, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

If you are talking about RAHA International, it is a fully IB (International Bacc) school... not UK... The one opening ?at the golf club side of Al Raha is to be British Curriculum I believe.

Raha has the PYP (primary year programme) which is the school you see now, and then obviously part of the same school but still under construction, is the MYP the Middle Year Programme... so from Grade 6 kids will be in the MYP building.... at the moment they are all in the current school, but as the number of kids is growing year by year, they move to the new building in September.. this includes my Grade 5-er, who will be in Grade 6 next year, and thus in the MYP buildings...

BTW, he is a pretty keen footballer, but not that accurate with the power shots... hope you have reinforced glass in your windows !!!

And as to getting on the list early, for those who asked, I think you can only enrol 12 months before... that is what I have heard, you need to contact the school to verify! So if you have a 2 month old baby, dont rush round with the registration fee for KG1 !!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

BTW, he is a pretty keen footballer, but not that accurate with the power shots... hope you have reinforced glass in your windows !!!
If he breaks my windows, i hope you have reinforced his lugs, cause he will get a sharp clip around them
Old Apr 14th 2008, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

LOL! little darling .....
Old Apr 14th 2008, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

LOL! little darling .....
your son, me or both??
Old Apr 14th 2008, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

As I have not managed to see you on yer bike yet, I cant comment ... ! NOW I have to see to little darlings homework... one thing all schools have in common - the parents end up doing most of it...
Old Apr 14th 2008, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

As I have not managed to see you on yer bike yet, I cant comment ... ! NOW I have to see to little darlings homework... one thing all schools have in common - the parents end up doing most of it...
530 every night i exit Al Raha on the trusted 2 wheels...definately tonight as i have had 3 doughnuts today...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.