Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

School Teacher dies in Doha

School Teacher dies in Doha

Old Oct 14th 2013, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

DohaLady has a brilliant futureDohaLady has a brilliant futureDohaLady has a brilliant futureDohaLady has a brilliant futureDohaLady has a brilliant futureDohaLady has a brilliant futureDohaLady has a brilliant future
Default School Teacher dies in Doha

This story has come to light in Doha News today. http://dohanews.co/missing-british-t...a-feared-dead/

It is horrifying to think that this story could be brushed under the carpet along with so many other corrupt tales we hear living in this part of the world.

Lauren was confirmed dead last night and at 2.30pm today it still hasn't been revealed how or what happened. From the posts on Doha News it's clear to see that everyone has their own opinions on what the story is... but the scary truth is we may never know.
Old Oct 14th 2013, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

beccajoh is just really nicebeccajoh is just really nicebeccajoh is just really nicebeccajoh is just really nicebeccajoh is just really nicebeccajoh is just really nicebeccajoh is just really nicebeccajoh is just really nice
Default Re: School Teacher dies in Doha

BBC news in the UK is reporting it as "Fears growing for a missing teacher."
Old Oct 15th 2013, 1:20 am
SUPER MODERATOR

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

According to the DM, a 'friend' has said she was raped before her body was dumped.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 10:18 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
According to the DM, a 'friend' has said she was raped before her body was dumped.
I had a mobile phone stolen in La Cigale a year and a half ago and whoever stole it was texting women from my phone saying come and meet me there in a room..................

I wouldn't go there if it was the last bar in Doha.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

I agree - luxurious hotel but dodgy. I have only been during the day but didn't think the place felt right. Wouldn't like to be wandering around there in the early hours. What terrible news
Old Oct 16th 2013, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Crash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to behold

Very sorry to hear about Ms. Patterson. I've been to La Cigale many times, and it is one of the finest hotels in town. Doha is still a very safe place for expats, like anywhere you have to be careful whom you associate with. Latest update that arrests have been made but little detail.

http://www.moi.gov.qa/site/english/n.../16/30434.html
Old Oct 16th 2013, 5:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

The daily mail are idiots for trying to jump on the band wagon with no knowledge. Although i don't know the girl my close friend was very close to her. Sad times at the moment. Loads of rumours flying through but I'm sure the final outcome will never be disclosed as this is Qatar.
Old Oct 16th 2013, 5:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
The daily mail are idiots for trying to jump on the band wagon with no knowledge. Although i don't know the girl my close friend was very close to her. Sad times at the moment. Loads of rumours flying through but I'm sure the final outcome will never be disclosed as this is Qatar.
It's not taken you long to get the 'Doha state of mind'....
Old Oct 17th 2013, 11:13 am
Just Joined

malfouh is an unknown quantity at this point

ohhhh nice hhhh
Old Oct 17th 2013, 11:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by malfouh View Post
ohhhh nice hhhh
Don't you know? Doha runs on 'Radio Lip'...
Old Oct 17th 2013, 1:15 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Horrific....and as always I'm sure the truth will never come out.

After the fire at the mall, the parents accused of starving the child to death and now this, the place reeks.
Old Oct 17th 2013, 1:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by NorthernLad View Post
Horrific....and as always I'm sure the truth will never come out.

After the fire at the mall, the parents accused of starving the child to death and now this, the place reeks.
Qatar draws in people like a vacuum cleaner. Likewise, it also sucks....
Old Oct 20th 2013, 12:03 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76 View Post
I had a mobile phone stolen in La Cigale a year and a half ago and whoever stole it was texting women from my phone saying come and meet me there in a room..................

I wouldn't go there if it was the last bar in Doha.
What attracted you to it one year & .5 ago?
Old Oct 20th 2013, 7:07 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Tragic.

I hope the people responsible are caught and prosecuted.

(I'm well aware that this could be highly unlikely depending on culprit, but I have to have some faith that people will be held accountable).
Old Oct 20th 2013, 7:57 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva View Post
What attracted you to it one year & .5 ago?
Drunk and a 5 minute walk home.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.