School Fees

Old Apr 21st 2008, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

mais91 is just really nicemais91 is just really nicemais91 is just really nicemais91 is just really nicemais91 is just really nicemais91 is just really nicemais91 is just really nicemais91 is just really nice
Default School Fees

Just had my offer through which includes 5,000 a month for school fees, I have 2 kids (11 & 13 yrs) and we are moving to AD in July.

Is this enough?

Does anyone know what the fees are at the Al Yasmina school - we have e.mailed for details but no reply as yet.

Cheers

Paul

Last edited by mais91; Apr 21st 2008 at 9:19 pm.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 9:30 pm

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: School Fees

Originally Posted by mais91
Just had my offer through which includes 5,000 a month for school fees, I have 2 kids (11 & 13 yrs) and we are moving to AD in July.

Is this enough?

Does anyone know what the fees are at the Al Yasmina school - we have e.mailed for details but no reply as yet.

Cheers

Paul
How old and how many do you have???
Old Apr 21st 2008, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

mais91 is just really nicemais91 is just really nicemais91 is just really nicemais91 is just really nicemais91 is just really nicemais91 is just really nicemais91 is just really nicemais91 is just really nice

Two an 11 yr old boy and a 13yr old girl
Old Apr 21st 2008, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

Is this enough?

Cheers

Paul

Paul

The fees are posted on their website !
Old Apr 21st 2008, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

do you have the web address - done a search and cant find it
Old Apr 21st 2008, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.aldaracademies.com/yasmina.php

There we go mate, trying to get mine in at the same school at the minute, don't bother waiting for a mail reply, took them a few days to get back to us.

Download the form, gather all the necessary info etc. and get it back to them, thats all they told us !

Karl
Old Apr 21st 2008, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers Karl

Dont know if its me being thick but I cant see anything about fees?

So when are you moving out? Decided on a location?

Are you going to be renting a villa - doesnt look there is much about for less than 250,000!!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 10:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Found it but for some reason I can't copy it

School Fees

KG1 - Year 6 - 12000 Dirhams Per Term
Years 7 & 8 - 14000 Dirhams Per Term
Year 9 - 15000 Dirhams Per Term

We are having a break over there as a family in mid May, I will be going out for my three month 'probation' early June

Accomodation is provided by my employer so unsure of location at present, hopefully near the Al Raha Beach project !
Old Apr 21st 2008, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

So looking like about 90,000 per annum for the 2 kids then.

Thanks for your help

Just got back from a 5 day trip - but only managed to spend 2 days in AD and that was mainly spent in the business district - really wanted to get more time to look around the residential areas.

We are leaning towards Kalifa City A due to location and proximity to schools but dont know too much about it as yet - im hoping it has a good expat community and a few parks / footy pitches etc - but we will see!!
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

So looking like about 90,000 per annum for the 2 kids then.

Thanks for your help

Just got back from a 5 day trip - but only managed to spend 2 days in AD and that was mainly spent in the business district - really wanted to get more time to look around the residential areas.

We are leaning towards Kalifa City A due to location and proximity to schools but dont know too much about it as yet - im hoping it has a good expat community and a few parks / footy pitches etc - but we will see!!

Hi

Khalifa A has nothing! It will be brilliant in maybe 1/2 years time but right now there is nowt and if you have youngish children they will have to be driven in to the city and collected at the weekends to meet their mates

I know alot of people with young children and teenagers who want to move into the city . Raha would be a better bet

As for school fees remember to add on uniform, transportation ( if on bus), packed lunches or fees for lunch and everything else they will add on and they do!

The school trips every year etc etc

I just got a bill for 2500 dhs for my sons GCSE entrance fees

and remember the fees will go up every year

Al Khubeirat are 15.800 for next year or there abouts, they have gone up from 11.500 to this amount in about 3 years

Also there is the non refundable entrance fee?

Last edited by Grace O Malley; Apr 22nd 2008 at 5:57 pm.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by annacarna
Hi

Khalifa A has nothing! It will be brilliant in maybe 1/2 years time but right now there is nowt and if you have youngish children they will have to be driven in to the city and collected at the weekends to meet their mates

I know alot of people with young children and teenagers who want to move into the city . Raha would be a better bet

As for school fees remember to add on uniform, transportation ( if on bus), packed lunches or fees for lunch and everything else they will add on and they do!

The school trips every year etc etc

I just got a bill for 2500 dhs for my sons GCSE entrance fees

and remember the fees will go up every year

Al Khubeirat are 15.800 for next year or there abouts, they have gone up from 11.500 to this amount in about 3 years

Also there is the non refundable entrance fee?
Seems that they are cashing in on all the ex-pats being over there and in all honesty who can blame them Anna ?

Kids will always need schooling and good schools are hard to come by !
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Karlos The Jackal
Seems that they are cashing in on all the ex-pats being over there and in all honesty who can blame them Anna ?

Kids will always need schooling and good schools are hard to come by !
They are having to hike the fees so high just to pay the salaries of the teachers as they have to be in line with UK teaching salaries and also the school has ot pay the staff accommodaton. iThe only people cashing in is the greedy landlords that have doubled the house rents in the last 2 years

The standard of educaiton is not great its average, most of the schools in AD are fee paying comprehensives.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 6:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

They are having to hike the fees so high just to pay the salaries of the teachers as they have to be in line with UK teaching salaries and also the school has ot pay the staff accommodaton. iThe only people cashing in is the greedy landlords that have doubled the house rents in the last 2 years

The standard of educaiton is not great its average, most of the schools in AD are fee paying comprehensives.
the fees here are still significantly lower than in uk private schools...

MM, xx
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
the fees here are still significantly lower than in uk private schools...

MM, xx
Oh yes agreed but these are not private schools, you are not getting all the extras that you would get at a private school.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 6:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yes agreed but these are not private schools, you are not getting all the extras that you would get at a private school.
what...the blazer and boater...!!!

MM, xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.