School Closures

Old Sep 9th 2009, 4:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute
Default School Closures

Anyone else experienced their school being closed this morning due to swine flu fears?

My son attends Stepping Stones pre-school in Abu Dhabi and turned up this morning to be told the school is closed 'indefinitely' on orders from the Ministry.

Apparently they tried to call everyone last night, but couldn't reach us, despite them having my number, my wife's number and our home number.

Maybe it's just pre-schools as they've announced that it affects old people and under 5's worse, but surely this is an over-reaction?
Old Sep 9th 2009, 5:13 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: School Closures

My daughter attends stepping stones pre-school in Abu Dhabi and we received the call last night
Old Sep 9th 2009, 5:20 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

One class in BSAK for one week - email went out last night.
Bet those kids are well happy!
Old Sep 9th 2009, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
My daughter attends stepping stones pre-school in Abu Dhabi and we received the call last night
Betwixt 2 Bridges?
Old Sep 9th 2009, 6:11 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Load of scaremongering.

Swine flu has killed less than 1% (world wide)of the total people who die from regular flu in the USA alone each year.

The pharamceuticals are raking in the cash from the vaccine orders though...who would have thought?

N.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 6:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Load of scaremongering.

Swine flu has killed less than 1% (world wide)of the total people who die from regular flu in the USA alone each year.

The pharamceuticals are raking in the cash from the vaccine orders though...who would have thought?

N.
Yep, was reading an article a couple of weeks ago and those most at risk are adults with diabetes or obesity and pregnant women. The elderly and very young are actually less at risk than with most flu strains. Those born before 1957 probably actually have natural immunities according to the current research.

My school was open, apparently it's just nurseries closing at the moment.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 6:54 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
Yep, was reading an article a couple of weeks ago and those most at risk are adults with diabetes or obesity and pregnant women. The elderly and very young are actually less at risk than with most flu strains. Those born before 1957 probably actually have natural immunities according to the current research.

To put it into to perspective more people have died this Ramadan from traffic accidents in the UAE than from swine flu in the UAE since the the outbreak began...so better to not go to school to avoid mad fasting muslims killing you than to avoid catch the flu.

N.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 7:45 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millsyisland
Betwixt 2 Bridges?
yup
Old Sep 9th 2009, 7:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
To put it into to perspective more people have died this Ramadan from traffic accidents in the UAE than from swine flu in the UAE since the the outbreak began...so better to not go to school to avoid mad fasting muslims killing you than to avoid catch the flu.

N.
haha - agree completely - fortunately I'm on the school run before they're out of bed.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 8:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hawkhead
One class in BSAK for one week - email went out last night.
Bet those kids are well happy!
this is because there was another child in the same class had possible cold symptons and so the HA said the whole class must stay away.

the thing is tho that one of the children from that class who has 2 other siblings in the school came to school in normal clothes, mixed with her other friends from the year group so what was the point?
Old Sep 9th 2009, 8:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67

will they be closing the corniche hospital then and make all pregnant women stay at home?
Old Sep 9th 2009, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

this is because there was another child in the same class had possible cold symptons and so the HA said the whole class must stay away.
I thought it was one of the classes that had already had one confirmed case?

But yeah, pointless activity I agree completely.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 8:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I thought it was one of the classes that had already had one confirmed case?

But yeah, pointless activity I agree completely.
there are two classes, henna and cambridge, cambridge has gone home, because of another child having a cold..... the ha are looking at the sickness levels of the school and if they have two people come up with "symptons" they will send the class home, i believe. but i think that one of the children who has been off school lives in KC, not sure which part, but maybe you will be under "house arrest" too
Old Sep 9th 2009, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

OK I see - it's the combination of 1 confirmed case and 1 potential case that has the health authority getting their knickers in a twist.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 8:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OK I see - it's the combination of 1 confirmed case and 1 potential case that has the health authority getting their knickers in a twist.
yep 1 confirmed in cambridge as was playing with child from henna over the weekend, both kids not been back to school since... but now another child from cambridge perhaps has a cold... so the class not allowed to go to school, but as you saw the email it said DONT come to sch, but of course there are always "one". yep agree twisty knickers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.