Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

School Assessments from KHDA

School Assessments from KHDA

Old May 10th 2011, 4:12 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default School Assessments from KHDA

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-n...sults-released

There is a PDF link to the results from this link. As I had previously thought the main issue with the school is the Islamic Studies. Our school got an acceptable so no great surprises there.

read it wrong, we got a good, last year was acceptable

Last edited by Blue Cat; May 10th 2011 at 5:42 am.
Old May 10th 2011, 4:20 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: School Assessments from KHDA

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-n...sults-released

There is a PDF link to the results from this link. As I had previously thought the main issue with the school is the Islamic Studies. Our school got an acceptable so no great surprises there.
Jasmine's "cheap and cheerful" school with its UK curriculum got another GOOD rating with only six elite schools better.
Old May 10th 2011, 4:38 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

got a Good,
Old May 10th 2011, 5:42 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Jasmine's "cheap and cheerful" school with its UK curriculum got another GOOD rating with only six elite schools better.
saw that, same as us, well done
Old May 10th 2011, 6:03 am
Account Closed

saw that, same as us, well done
Our extremely posh and snooty British neighbours, who send their children to a posh and snooty all-white school got a lowly ACCEPTABLE only.
Old May 10th 2011, 6:13 am
Concierge

Our extremely posh and snooty British neighbours, who send their children to a posh and snooty all-white school got a lowly ACCEPTABLE only.
lol I wouldn't place too much importance on it, having read the report the schools in my opinion were judged purely on their arabic studies, every paragraph starts with the same thing ... Arabic
Old May 10th 2011, 6:39 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah. It's no secret that the educational scoring is heavily weighed towards the quality of Arabic and Islamic studies. So getting a good score mostly means your school kisses the ministry's arse more than an acceptable school.

I do know the American School of Dubai has a charter that explicitly exempts it from having to follow ministry regulations, so they piff paff with the Arabic/Islamic studies and as a consequence, never get top scores.

Old May 10th 2011, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

lol I wouldn't place too much importance on it, having read the report the schools in my opinion were judged purely on their arabic studies, every paragraph starts with the same thing ... Arabic
Agreed; our school was rated overall "acceptable," but looking at the details.....
Arabic - unsatisfactory,
Islamic Education - Acceptable,
EVERYTHING ELSE either good or outstanding....
Old May 10th 2011, 7:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

you have posh British neighbours?
Old May 10th 2011, 9:27 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
you have posh British neighbours?
Ha, that surprised me too! They must also be very poor or very tight.

Either that, or Lionheart lives in their garage!
Old May 10th 2011, 11:25 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Meow
Ha, that surprised me too! They must also be very poor or very tight. Either that, or Lionheart lives in their garage!
You try getting a 3-4 bed villa near the Irish Village for less than Dhs250K. To me, that's posh. The husband works for the Royal Family's private airline.
Old May 10th 2011, 11:33 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

You try getting a 3-4 bed villa near the Irish Village for less than Dhs250K. To me, that's posh. The husband works for the Royal Family's private airline.
Living near the Irish Village = posh?! You do make me laugh sometimes LH. Your grasp of reality is really quite unusual sometimes.

Old May 10th 2011, 12:05 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Meow
Living near the Irish Village = posh?! You do make me laugh sometimes LH. Your grasp of reality is really quite unusual sometimes.
Having been raised in council houses during my schooling years, I still regard most detached villas as posh. However, it's the Hyacinth Bucket "poshness" of my neighbours that I was really alluding to.
Old May 10th 2011, 12:14 pm
Bored liberal

Having been raised in council houses during my schooling years, I still regard most detached villas as posh. However, it's the Hyacinth Bucket "poshness" of my neighbours that I was really alluding to.
Well that's something altogether different. People putting on airs, and then doing it badly, is something I can't stand.

But then I am a frightful snob...
Old May 10th 2011, 1:08 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

So...you are willing to drop 250K on a villa in a forgotten part of town but stint on your child's education?

Last edited by Ethos83; May 10th 2011 at 1:42 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.